Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 3

You can't give up 63%fg and expect to win.
    Play better D!
    and, umm, Gasol? maybe you could get some rebounds please.

Orlando deserved this game...you aren't going to sweep a team as good as Orlando. The magic shot 62% from the field...75% in the first half..they just had a great shooting night.

Yet L.A still had a chance to win it...Kobe made some bad mistakes as did a few others yet they still could of won...from a Laker point of view this isn't a loss to be angry about.

Granted L.A shot well too but the difference between 62% and 52% is quite big and it's the fact Orlando shot over 70% in the first half as well...

Don't see L.A dropping two straight.

I'm off to Orlando in the morning for games 4 and 5..will likely check the forum on my laptop and post then.
    Last edited by All Net; 06-10-2009 at 01:44 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by justin43
    Is this just going to be a "Jump on Kobe for having a Bad game" thread or a post-game discussion thread?

Lakers had a free throw percentage of 61.5% while the Magic shot 75% at the lane. In addition, the Magic shot 62.5% from the field while the Lakers shot only 51.3% from the field. The Magic only won by four points(2 really since the game was over then, but Crawford continue the game). If I try to look at turnovers, both teams have 13 turnovers and 10 fast break points. The Lakers have the advantage at the paint 40 to 36.
    Haters didn't observe that Kobe was facilitator early in the game and made some good passes throughout. So overall, it was not a John Starks, Game 7 performance.

I don't get all this talk about hogging the ball. Are we supposed to be passive? Defer and pass the ball to Ariza and Bynum (who didn't make one good play all night) all night?

Of course Orlando is going to let those guys shoot all night. Kobe has to keep attacking and just do what he does best.

National High School Star

I figured they would lose this one, but damnit they could have pulled it out. Some bone head plays there at the end. I mean, I love kobe's desire to put the game away, but come on you can give it up every once in awhile when you're triple teamed. Anyways, awesome game by the magic.

Magic Johnson

The loss didn't disappoint me. Kobe not helping up Gasol after Kobe bobbled the ball disappointed me.

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

Great game

Lucky Magic fans. Congrats on your 1st Finals win as a Frachise.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

Finally we get a series going but Lakers will still prevail here, most likely in 6. Magic played hard tonight though...and to think if Lee made that shot they'd be up 2-1 with two more home games...every play counts it's crazy.

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Congrats on yesterday win Orlando's fans.. :)

Go Lakers!!

I am Chris Wilcox

Man, I was nervous going in to the final 2 miuntes of the game and I'm not even a fan of either team. I want the Magic to win and I've started rooting for them, but still, not a big fan, yet I find myself shouting at the TV and cheering them on.

Orlando looked a complete mess in the final 2 and half miuntes, until they finally sorted things out and looked to be on track in the final minute, maybe less.

I was terrified that Orlando was going to give up some stupid foul that would cost them the game, during that final minute. I could just sense one coming.

Also, trust f*cking Crawford to get involved, late in the game. It was only a matter of time with that guy. Clean block on Kobe, very little to warrant a call, but Crawford calls it anyway. I'm glad that the refs just let them play after that call. Let the players decide who wins, not the refs.

But, it doesn't really matter in the end. The magic won. It's now a 2-1 series. Orlando have confidence and still have 2 home games to play before going back to LA.

Default Re: Honestly, Kobe isn't playing at a top-30 alltime level right now in these Finals

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    You know you already lost because Kobe IS in the Finals?

Oh yeah the Lakers lead the series 2-1.

Have a nice day.
    Sour puss

And you Lakers fans didnt see an implosion coming? Kobe wants all the attention for himself, well he's also gotta take the criticism part too... Bruce Blitz is a little bit controversial, but for anyone who dislikes the Lakers, I find his comments amusing

Does anyone get the feeling that game 5 will be the most pivotal game? That's taking into account that the Magic wins game 4, I just think that it will be tough for the Magic to beat a good team 3 times in a row, its a big ask...They have to do game 4 first, I don't like the Lakers, but I could maybe see them snatching away game 5 and going on to win the series...

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    The loss didn't disappoint me. Kobe not helping up Gasol after Kobe bobbled the ball disappointed me.

whaaaat? never noticed, that is fcuked....unless he immediately ran back or

was looking up to the rafters thinking fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk GIF? hahaha

that turnover was tough to watch.

I think Kobe going into distributer role & not looking for his shot..

really fcuked up his rhythm.

Courtney Lee made some nice plays too.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Does anyone get the feeling that game 5 will be the most pivotal game? That's taking into account that the Magic wins game 4, I just think that it will be tough for the Magic to beat a good team 3 times in a row, its a big ask...They have to do game 4 first, I don't like the Lakers, but I could maybe see them snatching away game 5 and going on to win the series...
    Game 3 was the pivotal game. It was either go down 3-0 and stand no chance of winning or get a win back and go 2-1, with a chance to try and even the series and possibly take a lead after game 5.

Gots Ta Be Li Showtam! The Magic Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Orlando deserved this game...you aren't going to sweep a team as good as Orlando. The magic shot 62% from the field...75% in the first half..they just had a great shooting night.

Yet L.A still had a chance to win it...Kobe made some bad mistakes as did a few others yet they still could of won...from a Laker point of view this isn't a loss to be angry about.

Granted L.A shot well too but the difference between 62% and 52% is quite big and it's the fact Orlando shot over 70% in the first half as well...

Don't see L.A dropping two straight.

I'm off to Orlando in the morning for games 4 and 5..will likely check the forum on my laptop and post then.
    Best way to sum it up. Look, Orlando basically played the game of thier lives and won by 4. And it was mainly due to our screw-ups near the end more than Magic defense. They made every damn shot last night. D Howard looked like kareem at times, making running sky hooks and sh*t. Rafer looked like Chris Paul, running around making whatever shot he felt like. Hell, tell me Pietrus didn't look like Kobe on that turnaround fadeaway on Luke? Honestly, this was all expected. We knew these dudes would be amped up. The thing that Orlando should be taking a hard look at is the fact that we still could of, and should of, won that game.

Now, as I told someone all day yesterday (you know who you are), when Orlando plays like that, they are tough. They shot less 3s last night and played more inside-out. When they chuck 20+ 3s, we got em.Here's hoping they got back to 3 ball in Game 5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    Best way to sum it up. Look, Orlando basically played the game of thier lives and won by 4. And it was mainly due to our screw-ups near the end more than Magic defense. They made every damn shot last night. D Howard looked like kareem at times, making running sky hooks and sh*t. Rafer looked like Chris Paul, running around making whatever shot he felt like. Hell, tell me Pietrus didn't look like Kobe on that turnaround fadeaway on Luke? Honestly, this was all expected. We knew these dudes would be amped up. The thing that Orlando should be taking a hard look at is the fact that we still could of, and should of, won that game.

Now, as I told someone all day yesterday (you know who you are), when Orlando plays like that, they are tough. They shot less 3s last night and played more inside-out. When they chuck 20+ 3s, we got em.Here's hoping they got back to 3 ball in Game 5.
    Sure, the lakers were within arm's reach no doubt...The thing I would be more concerned about as a Lakers fan, is Kobe's emerging tantrums, his dummy spits and angry faces will not be rubbing off well on his teammates...I like Ariza and Gasol on this team, but even Gasol to me has been getting that ugly attitude Kobe has, he never had it with the grizzlies, and don't say thats because he's winning more with the Lakers!