Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!

Arizona Wildcats are who I've always cheered on. Haven't followed college bball too closely the past few years, but I'm looking to get back into it this coming season.

Learning to shoot layups

Maryland Terrapins

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Coach Mike Rice's 3rd year.

2011 recruiting class which was ranked in the top 20 is now sophomores. Had some big wins last year (Florida, UConn, Pitt on the road). If they continue to mature, could be a potential tourney team.

We add Ex-McD All American Wally Judge and incredibly athletic SF Vince Garrett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7AkFAY0R5M

NCAA bubble/NIT team

NBA Superstar

I have forever been in support of the University of Michigan. I understand how many powerhouse teams are accustomed to high rankings, but to see the Wolverines ranked 5th in the preseason coaches poll is pretty incredible, even if they don't maintain it throughout the season. Their return to the top echelon has been a long time coming, and seems to sync up with the end of the Fab Five's separation from the school (it fully ends in 2013).

The last time I remember Michigan finding themselves this high up in the rankings was back in the years of Maurice Taylor, Louis Bullock and Tractor Traylor (aka pre-Ed Martin). Now that all seems behind us. It's like a fresh start of a new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I have forever been in support of the University of Michigan. I understand how many powerhouse teams are accustomed to high rankings, but to see the Wolverines ranked 5th in the preseason coaches poll is pretty incredible, even if they don't maintain it throughout the season. Their return to the top echelon has been a long time coming, and seems to sync up with the end of the Fab Five's separation from the school (it fully ends in 2013).

The last time I remember Michigan finding themselves this high up in the rankings was back in the years of Maurice Taylor, Louis Bullock and Tractor Traylor (aka pre-Ed Martin). Now that all seems behind us. It's like a fresh start of a new world.
    whats this mean?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    whats this mean?
    Oh nothing major really. It's just Chris Webber's official "ban" from any connection or appearance at the University of Michigan is officially lifted in 2013. UM doesn't have plans to do anything about it though (like no welcome back party or anything like that) but if nothing else, it'll sort of feel like an official and symbolic end to the Ed Martin era.

Memphis should finally make the sweet 16 again this year.

and MTSU should still be good in the sun belt.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Dominic Artis and the Ducks are going to surprise millions come March.

Serious playground baller

I like a few teams but I am a Mountaineer. Looking forward to watching WVU this season. I'm kind of glad they are coming into the B12 ranked 6, they will surprise a few people for sure

Saw a basketball once YouAintGrizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204

Same here. I think we have a great shot at winning the Big Ten this year. I'm not completely sold on all the Indiana hype. I think they'll be a very good team, just not the best in the nation.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

It's going to be miserable for me. IU's #1 and Purdue's extremely young and will be mediocre. Hit 20 wins and make the tourney and I'm satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    It's going to be miserable for me. IU's #1 and Purdue's extremely young and will be mediocre. Hit 20 wins and make the tourney and I'm satisfied.
    that offcourt nonsense at Purdue really hurt you guys

if Purdue makes the tourney get Painter a medal