Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to the Charlotte Bobcats fan forum!

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    He's become the face of the franchise this season so I certainly hope so.
    How are you guys gonna build around him? I know his offense is great but how bout his defense? I like the cats, hope you guys the best of luck

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Are there any realistic trade rumors/scenarios for the Cats? Possibly, as happens nearly every year that we trade away our best players in return for crap, we're in for some surprises come 2:59pm tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    Are there any realistic trade rumors/scenarios for the Cats? Possibly, as happens nearly every year that we trade away our best players in return for crap, we're in for some surprises come 2:59pm tomorrow.
    Interesting article in the Charlotte Observer today about how the new collective bargaining agreement is preventing the blockbuster type trades we've seen in the past. Who knows what's in the works. If it helps us improve long term I'm all for any deal. If not then let's stick with what we've got and make changes this summer.

Why did we trade Hakim Warrick for Josh McRoberts???

Will someone please explain why we have 14 on our roster? What have I missed?

We traded one seldom-used PF for another seldom-used PF. It knocks about half a million off our cap, so there was really nothing to lose. McRoberts is a big body who can grab a few rebounds. I'm cool with it, even if he did play for Dook.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    We traded one seldom-used PF for another seldom-used PF. It knocks about half a million off our cap, so there was really nothing to lose. McRoberts is a big body who can grab a few rebounds. I'm cool with it, even if he did play for Dook.
    I know your feeling about Duke. Even though my short stint in grad school was at UNC Charlotte, I ought to start rooting for Duke just to be able to 'josh' around with you. So to speak.

I know your feeling about Duke. Even though my short stint in grad school was at UNC Charlotte, I ought to start rooting for Duke just to be able to 'josh' around with you. So to speak.
    There was a documentary on HBO the other night about the Duke/Carolina rivalry. I thought it was pretty spot on.

Who do Bobcats fans want to grab in the draft. Personally I think the best player in the draft might be Anthony Bennett. Dude is going to be a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Who do Bobcats fans want to grab in the draft. Personally I think the best player in the draft might be Anthony Bennett. Dude is going to be a stud.

I would rather see us put up money for someone like Blake Griffin or Chauncy Billups. Let's get "up there" with the better teams sooner rather than later so we can attract a larger audience and better players will want to play on the Cats team. The Bobcats have been starting over/rebuilding for nine years now and that's way too long.
    Just my humble opinion.

Not sure thats a viable strategy for Charlotte considering the market and recent history. They still need to have legitimate assets on the team acquired through the draft before they can hope to get top player via FA or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Not sure thats a viable strategy for Charlotte considering the market and recent history. They still need to have legitimate assets on the team acquired through the draft before they can hope to get top player via FA or trade.
    Understand...

Draft day is when?????

The following is a cut and paste of Timmeh's posting explaining his exit from the NBA. He posted this thread on 12/31/12 as "something I'd like to say:

Something I'd Like to Say
    Over the past few months I've been dealing with some depression issues and fighting off some past demons. I've undergone a personal internal housecleaning and I'm just getting rid of and changing a lot of things.

How does this relate to this forum? I hate the NBA. It is a shitty product. On top of that, the only team I have some resemblance of an interest in is the shittiest team in the league, and there are no signs of it getting better. I have desire to continue being a part of something that seems to be a failing endeavor.

So I'm hanging up my proverbial keyboard and leaving this forum. I only do this because I know at some point, someone will say: "Hey, where's that asshole Timmeh that used to post a lot here?" Well, now you know.

Deuces.

I hate it when we seem to go forever with no really exciting news. I'm hungry to read some good stuff.