Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default easy solution to Cavs PG problem

Everyone keeps saying that the Cavs lacks a true PG to go with LeBron for the longest time, but I think it is obvious that since LeBron is a great passer and dominate the ball so much that he should just be the PG like Magic was. Decent wing players are easier to find then true PG anyway.

Default Re: easy solution to Cavs PG problem

Cavs already tried that, and didn't worked. True, it was in his rookie season, but I still think it wouldn't work now.

they better hope the sixers suck next year so they can trade for andre miller.

Im not convinced he could put up the points that he needs to keep the cavs afloat and still get the rock around and rack up 10+ assists... he's no Iverson and his supporting cast still dont generate points like they could/should.

actually i think this is something they should consider revisiting.

but they better do it soon, cuz he's only gonna play there for 2 more years

he does it in the 4th and crunch time. they just need a scoring PG

Trade up for Bayless

Good High School Starter

get J-Will to cleveland.. watch as they get a ring

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

IDK why they always crave for a PG.

as far as i can see.. any PG plays well with LeBron.. Jeff McInnis, Delonte, Boobie.. Hughes who tried playing the PG.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I don't see PG as a problem. I thought Delonte did an admirable job considering he was added in midseason and the Cavs had a revolving injury problem.

The problem is that we have no post threat, not the lack of a point guard.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't see PG as a problem. I thought Delonte did an admirable job considering he was added in midseason and the Cavs had a revolving injury problem.

The problem is that we have no post threat, not the lack of a point guard.

I think the lack of a consistent scorer from the SG spot is their biggest problem, they can get away without having a post threat if they would just let LeBron operate in the post every once in awhile.

They play elite defense, but have lottery offense, if they had a 17-20ppg scorer from the 2 they would be hard to beat.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    I think the lack of a consistent scorer from the SG spot is their biggest problem, they can get away without having a post threat if they would just let LeBron operate in the post every once in awhile.

They play elite defense, but have lottery offense, if they had a 17-20ppg scorer from the 2 they would be hard to beat.
    Disagree.

I've said it time and again. The biggest issue with the Cavs' offense is floor spacing and a lack thereof. The Cavs have the shooting and scoring at the 2 (Wally, Gibson, Sasha, Devin). Sure, they aren't great players, but they can knock down open jumpers and can be good role players.

The problem is that the Cavs do not have one post player. Z is a spot-up shooter. Joe Smith is a spot-up shooter. Varejao and Wallace are both completely offensively inept. This makes the Cavs very easy to defend and allows defenses to throw an incredible amount of attention at LeBron yet still get out and contest jump shots. Our floor spacing is atrocious.

In order to have proper spacing, get open shots for your jumpshooters, and create driving lanes for your slashers, you have to have a guy in the post that defenses have to defend and be wary of at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Disagree.

I've said it time and again. The biggest issue with the Cavs' offense is floor spacing and a lack thereof. The Cavs have the shooting and scoring at the 2 (Wally, Gibson, Sasha, Devin). Sure, they aren't great players, but they can knock down open jumpers and can be good role players.

The problem is that the Cavs do not have one post player. Z is a spot-up shooter. Joe Smith is a spot-up shooter. Varejao and Wallace are both completely offensively inept. This makes the Cavs very easy to defend and allows defenses to throw an incredible amount of attention at LeBron yet still get out and contest jump shots. Our floor spacing is atrocious.

In order to have proper spacing, get open shots for your jumpshooters, and create driving lanes for your slashers, you have to have a guy in the post that defenses have to defend and be wary of at all times.
    How do you think they will or should do that though, any good post players available draft or FA wise?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore sonicman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
    How do you think they will or should do that though, any good post players available draft or FA wise?
    They need to get Elton Brand somehow..

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ecthelion
    get J-Will to cleveland.. watch as they get a ring
    wedding ring?