Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Damian Lillard

Default Re: Damian Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    I am laughing in agony right now. I'll be frank: you don't know what the **** you're talking about, citing our coaching staff as a credible source.
    I didn't see the whole game; only the end. But coaches should know their personnel, and I take it as significant that Lin wasn't on the floor when the game was being decided.

I don't think there's much to debate about that.

Sampson has never impressed me as a very capable coach, though. I'm shocked that he's in an 'acting' HC position now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    "He did great"? What kind of analysis is that?

Another bad shooting night (3-8) and isn't trusted in crunch time defensively. Like I said before, offensive and defensive liability.

Like you said before and like you'll keep saying, regardless of his progress.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

I didn't see the whole game; only the end. But coaches should know their personnel, and I take it as significant that Lin wasn't on the floor when the game was being decided.

I don't think there's much to debate about that.

Sampson has never impressed me as a very capable coach, though. I'm shocked that he's in an 'acting' HC position now.
    You didn't HAVE to see the whole game. All those errors I listed...they were made in the last 4 minutes of regulation + OT.

Look, just trust me on this one: our coaching staff is sub-par at best. We have lost several games and have come close to losing several games because we rely on Harden isos in the end of the game. That won us the first two. Then teams adjusted, and he's lost the ball or missed a shot way more often than he's made a shot. We're WAY too predictable. For god's sakes, I don't think we even have a ****ing go-to play down the stretch. I've yet to see one!

****, I hate this. I love our players, but coaching is such a huge thing to me. I love seeing a superbly coached team a la the Spurs the last year, playing smart and like a well-oiled machine. We're like a bunch of rotting parts in a junkyard.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    You didn't HAVE to see the whole game. All those errors I listed...they were made in the last 4 minutes of regulation + OT.

Look, just trust me on this one: our coaching staff is sub-par at best. We have lost several games and have come close to losing several games because we rely on Harden isos in the end of the game. That won us the first two. Then teams adjusted, and he's lost the ball or missed a shot way more often than he's made a shot. We're WAY too predictable. For god's sakes, I don't think we even have a ****ing go-to play down the stretch. I've yet to see one!

****, I hate this. I love our players, but coaching is such a huge thing to me. I love seeing a superbly coached team a la the Spurs the last year, playing smart and like a well-oiled machine. We're like a bunch of rotting parts in a junkyard.
    Yes just awful. So frustrating, yet another meltdown near the conclusion of the game, ugh. Can't say I was suprised though, and it didn't help that the Blazers were hot. Heck we often close quarters poorly...just frustrating. Having Harden iso and drive in and get the ball stripped away...

High School Starter

Lillard is just torching Lin.
    The way he destroyed lin it forced the coach of the rockets to bench lin for he whole ot period.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

This was such a fun game, especially after the first half. Lillard went into god mode down the stretch. Batum a huge second half, Aldridge a great game. Three super fun players to watch.

I still think Portland's starting 5 are one of the most fun to watch in the league. Those 3 plus Wes Matthews and JJ Hickson who has been huge on the boards this season

Too bad they don't have a bench..

Oh, it was awesome to see the Meyers Leonard have a great game tonight too

On another note, Blazers fans, what in the blue hell is going on with Matthews at the FT line?

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    This was such a fun game, especially after the first half. Lillard went into god mode down the stretch. Batum a huge second half, Aldridge a great game. Three super fun players to watch.

I still think Portland's starting 5 are one of the most fun to watch in the league. Those 3 plus Wes Matthews and JJ Hickson who has been huge on the boards this season

Too bad they don't have a bench..

Oh, it was awesome to see the Meyers Leonard have a great game tonight too
    If Leonard was starting I think that line up is pretty fun. I like Matthews, his defense was just brilliant on Harden. The way he moves his feet, this guy can play lock down defense like I've rarely seen. It's too bad he isn't a very effective scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    If Leonard was starting I think that line up is pretty fun. I like Matthews, his defense was just brilliant on Harden. The way he moves his feet, this guy can play lock down defense like I've rarely seen. It's too bad he isn't a very effective scorer.
    How is he not an effective scorer? He's usually good for 15 on decent percentages.

I really like Hickson's hustle on the boards this year, fun to watch. Leonard's great too. Looking forward to watch him develop. As for Wes, isn't he near the top of three point shooting this year?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    How is he not an effective scorer? He's usually good for 15 on decent percentages.
    Give him the ball and he can't create consistently. He gets his best shots off of open 3's and slashing. You really can't depend on him when he tries to create his own shot or make a play. The highlight three's and great defense make him useful but he's just not someone you can give the ball to when you really need a bucket.

He's good enough to start on a team with a really good point guard, but not good enough to be a star front court player. I really like him but he's a guy that I would love coming off the bench. That would require Portland to have a better option at the 2.

Give him the ball and he can't create consistently. He gets his best shots off of open 3's and slashing. You really can't depend on him when he tries to create his own shot or make a play. The highlight three's and great defense make him useful but he's just not someone you can give the ball to when you really need a bucket.

He's good enough to start on a team with a really good point guard, but not good enough to be a star front court player. I really like him but he's a guy that I would love coming off the bench. That would require Portland to have a better option at the 2.
    Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    I really like Hickson's hustle on the boards this year, fun to watch. Leonard's great too. Looking forward to watch him develop. As for Wes, isn't he near the top of three point shooting this year?
    I just checked. He's 33rd. It's too early for that number to mean anything. JR Smith is shooting nearly 74% from 3. Wesley isn't a bad player, he just seems to be a guy you don't want shooting when Lillard, Batum, and Aldridge are out there. We have better options now.

I just checked. He's 33rd. It's too early for that number to mean anything. JR Smith is shooting nearly 74% from 3. Wesley isn't a bad player, he just seems to be a guy you don't want shooting when Lillard, Batum, and Aldridge are out there. We have better options now.
    Yeah fair enough. He mustn't have shot well the last few games, because he was in the top 5 through 4 I think.

I could definitely see him being a productive player off the bench if you were able to get a better shot creator at the SG spot.

I didn't say he was a great scorer or anything, my point was is that he's a solid scorer who can get hot from downtown. Obviously he's not going to carry a team, but he's a nice option to have. What's up with his FT shooting though?