Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Live 13 First Gameplay Footage

Not gonna lie, that ESPN presentation does look kind of slick. And you can't hate on JVG, you just can't.

Local High School Star

This looks bad, very very bad. It looks the same as Elite but without the terrible controls. All it's missing is a crucified Kendrick Perkins. And why is Durant a tall Aaron Brooks?

I hope they keep trying just so they take a big loss. EA is a joke. This game looks like it was made by a bunch of amateurs. The scale of the court and the players looks way off. Everything looks bad. This is one big pile of sh*t again. Live 2005 is better than anything they've brought out on next gen systems.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    Gameplay looks horrible. Presentation/Commentary is amazing. Can 2K get ESPN?
    I may have mentioned this a few weeks ago but 2K had the ESPN license all the way through 2005. They had it fully integrated into their games like NBA Live showed in this released footage. However, after the 2K5 releases (NFL 2K5 was particularly dominant), EA Sports purchased the ESPN rights for 15 years. As such, I believe their current deal will not end until 2020. http://www.gamespot.com/news/electro...r-deal-6116473

The lamest part of that whole deal is it took nearly 8 years for EA Sports to begin fully integrated ESPN into their video games. When they bought the license in 2005, they more or less acquired it so 2K wouldn't have it. Here's what 2K's ESPN integration looked like in 2005: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDD6U...eature=related. Chris Berman's own 2K show (full with highlights), post-game interviews, Top Plays of the Week during Franchise. . . that was seven years ago and we haven't seen anything like it since.

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

I'm sick of seeing that same lame ass substitution cutscene.

Twice wasn't enough but a 3rd time???

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbullets
    I went to Gamescom last friday.

Oh and I saw Tony Hawk! Haha
    Haha that's awesome. Can't wait for 2k13!

Go Clippers!

Remember those days when NBA Live used to rule?

Quote Originally Posted by po3try
    I really liked NBA Live 05, especially that dunk contest mini-game, that was really well done. But then I picked up 2K5, back then it was ESPN 2K5 I believe, and man, that was something else... Never even touched live since then.

Tried NBA Live 08 at a friend's later on, but man, I can't believe people would actually play that when you have such a WAAAY better alternative.

2K13 will be great, but I must say I'm not digging the dunk contest (you know, with the Guitar Hero-esque controls). It's weird to me that 2K Sports - who deliver the deepest basketball game there is, year after year - implement such a shallow-ass mode. I mean, you have no control whatsoever, what's fun about that? Why not use the control stick? A bit lame, but oh well, it's just an add-on, what matters most is the core gameplay. And that, my friends, is solid.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by po3try
    I should still have my NBA live 95 stashed somewhere still remember the shot across court with Brian Shaw, goat shot.

Then NBA Live 96 first shot at 3D, well sort off players weren't in 3D.

NBA Live 97 has to this day my favorite feature in any NBA game, there was a button beneath every player, well most of them, then you would press that button and a woman would give you interesting facts and trivia about that player, was pretty cool wish 2k would do something like this, you would listen to her talk while you are browsing the menus and looking at stats or something.

Played all of them on the pc.
    Last edited by madmax17; 08-22-2012 at 10:15 AM.

I really liked NBA Live 05, especially that dunk contest mini-game, that was really well done. But then I picked up 2K5, back then it was ESPN 2K5 I believe, and man, that was something else... Never even touched live since then.

Tried NBA Live 08 at a friend's later on, but man, I can't believe people would actually play that when you have such a WAAAY better alternative.

2K13 will be great, but I must say I'm not digging the dunk contest (you know, with the Guitar Hero-esque controls). It's weird to me that 2K Sports - who deliver the deepest basketball game there is, year after year - implement such a shallow-ass mode. I mean, you have no control whatsoever, what's fun about that? Why not use the control stick? A bit lame, but oh well, it's just an add-on, what matters most is the core gameplay. And that, my friends, is solid.
    What else did you see at Gamescom that was cool?

Nothing too much really, couldn't be bothered to wait in line for 3+ hours to play a 5 minute demo. I wanted to check out Far Cry 3/Assassin's Creed 3 but the lines were absolutely ridiculous. I just walked around checking out booth bitches 'n shit, haha.

Luckily basketball isn't TOO popular in Europe, so playing 2K13 was no problem - it was pretty much the only game I really, really wanted to play, so yeah...

I did play this random ass game that was hella-funny though: Tokyo Jungle

These Asians!

Sorry for the OT peepz, I will shut up now.

Go Clippers!

Quote Originally Posted by madmax17
    I should still have my NBA live 95 stashed somewhere still remember the shot across court with Brian Shaw, goat shot.

Then NBA Live 96 first shot at 3D, well sort off players weren't in 3D.

NBA Live 97 has to this day my favorite feature in any NBA game, there was a button beneath every player, well most of them, then you would press that button and a woman would give you interesting facts and trivia about that player, was pretty cool wish 2k would do something like this, you would listen to her talk while you are browsing the menus and looking at stats or something.

Played all of them on the pc.
    Yea, nostalgia! I have all those NBA lives left under a pile of dust next to my SNES somewhere.

NBA Superstar

2K13 will be great, but I must say I'm not digging the dunk contest (you know, with the Guitar Hero-esque controls). It's weird to me that 2K Sports - who deliver the deepest basketball game there is, year after year - implement such a shallow-ass mode. I mean, you have no control whatsoever, what's fun about that? Why not use the control stick?
    I'm with you on that one. From a lot of what I heard early on, people were claiming the previous controls for 2K's Dunk Contest were terribly complicated, thus leading to this dumbed down version "anyone" can pick up. I never found the old controls that difficult to begin with. One had to learn how to perform dunks correctly, but it wasn't exactly rocket science.

Now, the new dunk contest is one of those cases where I'm hoping something's changed or control alternatives are offered but secretly, I know what we've seen is what we're getting, and that kind of sucks. 2K finally moves their dunk contest to a realistic environment and they take away all control of our dunkers in response; little bit of a bummer.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

It was alright... until the game started

NBA live has been the same story every year. People can change, but some things are never gonna change.