Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

Default Re: What is your favorite Iverson moment?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Good point, but I still think referring to a team with the DPOY, 6th man and atleast four other quality defensive-minded role players as scrubs is incorrect no matter what. I also think that it suggests that Iverson would have been better off with another 20+ ppg scorer next to him which is probably not the case.

I'd take Iverson's cast over Carter's and despite Milwaukee's big 3, it is hard to win without an interior presence. The Pacers had nothing other than an aging Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose and a young Jermaine O'Neal(before his prime)
    Milwaukee's "big 3" during that 2001 Playoff run was real fun to watch. Cassel, Big Dog and Ray-Ray giving teams the business with their supreme shooting. Lakers verse Bucks in the Finals would have been interesting.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Milwaukee's "big 3" during that 2001 Playoff run was real fun to watch. Cassel, Big Dog and Ray-Ray giving teams the business with their supreme shooting. Lakers verse Bucks in the Finals would have been interesting.
    I'm not sure it would have been too interesting. Shaq averaged 33/16/5 with 3 and a half blocks vs Mutombo, imagine what he would have done vs Milwaukee. The East was actually pretty interesting that year, though. Some good competitive series.

I'm not sure it would have been too interesting. Shaq averaged 33/16/5 with 3 and a half blocks vs Mutombo, imagine what he would have done vs Milwaukee. The East was actually pretty interesting that year, though. Some good competitive series.
    I stand corrected lol.

Default Re: Should Iverson just have stayed on in Memphis?

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Agree. Keep him out of the strip clubs and he will be fine. It's frustrating to see Memphis with this record considering they have a nice mix of talent on the squad. I mean is OKC that much better talwent wise?

They are 5-2 since the Iverson quit on them.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

Default Re: Allen Iverson says he's retiring

Sad. He was a big part of basketball

damn lol.. it's so easy to forget how great of a player shaq was in his prime. i can't even imagine anyone coming close to those stats. i dunno for sure, but didn't he average over 40+ points on one of the finals series with thte lakers?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    damn lol.. it's so easy to forget how great of a player shaq was in his prime. i can't even imagine anyone coming close to those stats. i dunno for sure, but didn't he average over 40+ points on one of the finals series with thte lakers?
    No, close though. He averaged 38/17/3 on 61% shooting in the 2000 finals. He averaged 36/12/4 on 60% shooting in the 2002 finals.

Saw a basketball once

Saw a basketball once

Great player, amazing skill.

Unfortunately I don't think he was able to channel all that talent into a winning style. Just look at the Grizz, they've been so much better since he left (although, to be fair, part of that could be due to the relief of doing away with the controversy around him).

To me, AI is an example of how not to play the game the right way (I mean, 5-on-5) and despite that I saw myself many times rooting for him. Why? Because he was was determined, talented and ambitious, always willing to sacrifice his body. He was, for good or bad, a very special player.

I guess Larry Brown summed it up pretty well when he said of AI: "You know, some of the things that get him in trouble also made him so special".

But I don't think we haven seen the last of AI yet.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Could AI fit in with the Hornets? who is at their 2?

Wow, ESPN has a poll asking "How will you most remember Allen Iverson?"..
    Choices are "Hall of Fame career" and "Practice?! rant"....

Practice rant is winning with 57% of the votes

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Ultimately it was Iverson's lack of disclipline growing up that came back to haunt him 34 years later. Yes, that's what I said, and that's what I know as fact.

Make the extrapolation yourself.

Sixers reportedly going to meet with AI to see if he wants to sign there.

Why? Beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Sixers reportedly going to meet with AI to see if he wants to sign there.

Why? Beats me.
    They met, Eddie Jordan said it was "intriguing" and that he would bring an aggressive scoring mentality, and Ed Snider has given his okay for an Iverson signing.

Just spoke with Eddie Jordan here in Dallas. Jordan said the meeting with Iverson was "intriguing," said he liked what he heard, and that Iverson would bring an aggressive scoring mentality. You can check out the first 90 seconds of Jordan's press conference in the Deep Sixer video player below on the right.

Update: According to David Aldridge, Sixers management has given the basketball side the go-ahead to sign Iverson if it wants. Team owner Ed Snider has signed off on Iverson's return, if that's what the basketball side of things determines is best.

76ers head coach Eddie Jordan and General Manager Ed Stefanski met with Allen Iverson in Dallas early this afternoon, this according to a source close to the situation. The Sixers, very soon, should be releasing a statement to this effect.

Details about the meeting -- or Iverson's potential return to the Sixers -- are still being worked out, but it's confirmed that he's "not yet" -- not at this moment -- a Sixer. No decision is expected about Iverson before tonight's game.

Stefanski just released a statement about the meeting that said "At this time, both parties remain non-committal regarding a final decision and we will continue to discuss internally whether or not to pursue this course."

Stefanski confirmed the meeting included Tony DiLeo and Aaron McKie on the Sixers side and agent Leon Rose and manager Gary Moore on Iverson's side.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...h_Iverson.html

Can barely lace up my sneakers

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...s-iverson.html

Snider won't stand in way if Stefanski wants Iverson

[QUOTE]The ball appears to be in Ed Stefanski's court with Allen Iverson. Sixers chairman Ed Snider released a statement Monday in which he said, "While nothing has been decided, Ed Stefanski is the president and general manager of the Philadelphia 76ers and I support him and his basketball decisions."

Stefanski, head coach Eddie Jordan, senior vice president Tony DiLeo and assistant coach Aaron McKie held a two-hour meeting with Iverson and agent Leon Rose on Monday in Dallas. They are thinking about signing Iverson to bolster their backcourt, which was weakened when starting point guard Lou Williams fractured his jaw last week.

Prior to Monday