Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hilton Armstrong: "Panathinaikos is the biggest step of my career."

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    http://www.euroleague.net/ has everything that you are looking for there. Just check out the website.

As for the two German clubs, don't expect much. Neither of them are any good at all.

As for the two Italian clubs, Milano has a very good team, with lots of good players. Siena has some good players, but their basically almost an entirely new team, so no relation at all to the team that won 6 straight Italian titles.

I would say Milano has a shot at making the Euroleague Final Four, but they would probably not be favored to do so.
    thanks

so on the site they explain the format well (as well as noting the important dates):

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/format

are the games in the round-robin home and home, or played at a neutral site?

I guess I'll back Milano (the soccer team I support is Inter, and that's where part of my family hails from, so I guess it makes sense)

I'll do some research on them, but do they have any star players I should look out for? there's still some time before games start, so I guess I have time to look into this

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    thanks

so on the site they explain the format well (as well as noting the important dates):

I guess I'll back Milano (the soccer team I support is Inter, and that's where part of my family hails from, so I guess it makes sense)

I'll do some research on them, but do they have any star players I should look out for? there's still some time before games start, so I guess I have time to look into this
    Only final four is played on neutral site . As for Milano , they have a lot of good players and their best player is Langford but I wouldn't call him a star . Langford is in my ( and many others I have spoke with ) oppinion best 1 on 1 player in Europe , if you become a fan of Milano than you will become a fan of him as well . Best games in Euroleague are played in later in the season but there will be some great games in regular part of the season too like Barcelona vs CSKA . I would advise you not to miss that game because those two clubs are favorites for winning Euroleague and theres a big chance they will meet in finals or semi finals .

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    thanks

The qualification round games are played at the same arena. The home arena of Cantu. The final four games are played at a neutral court in London. The other games are played as home and home contests in regular season and top 16, and as a 2-3 format in the playoffs.

The best player on Milano is Bourousis. But they have lots of good players.

Cook
    Langford (huge ball hog though)
    Basile (huge chucker though)
    Hairston
    Gentile
    Fotsis
    Melli
    Bourousis
    Hendrix

They are all quite good players, but Bourousis is definitely the best player on the team. After that the next best player is probably Fotsis or Hairston.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Only final four is played on neutral site . As for Milano , they have a lot of good players and their best player is Langford but I wouldn't call him a star . Langford is in my ( and many others I have spoke with ) oppinion best 1 on 1 player in Europe , if you become a fan of Milano than you will become a fan of him as well . Best games in Euroleague are played in later in the season but there will be some great games in regular part of the season too like Barcelona vs CSKA . I would advise you not to miss that game because those two clubs are favorites for winning Euroleague and theres a big chance they will meet in finals or semi finals .
    Langford is a better one on one player than guys like McCalebb, Navarro, and Spanoulis?..........I don't think so.

Best one on one players in Europe would be,

Spanoulis, Navarro, McCalebb

then guys like

Rakocevic, Domercant, Teodosic, Ukic, Jamon Lucas, Halperin

then guys like

Langford, Lakovic (was better one on one player than Langford in his prime)
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-02-2012 at 02:53 PM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

The qualification round games are played at the same arena. The home arena of Cantu. The final four games are played at a neutral court in London. The other games are played as home and home contests in regular season and top 16, and as a 2-3 format in the playoffs.

Cook
    Hairston
    Gentile
    Fotsis
    Melli
    Bourousis
    Hendrix

They are all quite good players, but Bourousis is definitely the best player on the team. After that the next best player is probably Fotsis or Hairston.
    Oh man, stop it, alright? Landford proved that he is not ballhog in Israel, Basile is one of the best shooters ever, and definitely not chucker, and Bourousis is NOT the best player. Enough with that greece BS! Keith will be their go to guy and their best player.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Oh man, stop it, alright? Landford proved that he is not ballhog in Israel, Basile is one of the best shooters ever, and definitely not chucker, and Bourousis is NOT the best player. Enough with that greece BS! Keith will be their go to guy and their best player.
    Stop it. ENOUGH with your Lithuanian racist BULLSHIT and lies.

Langford will NOT be their best player. No way in hell is he as good as guys like Hairston and Bourousis. Not even remotely close.

Banned

http://www.eurohoops.net/2012/08/dribbling/8923

By Niki Bakouli/ bakouli@eurohoops.net

There isn’t any official announcement yet by Panathinaikos, but Hilton Armstrong is considering himself a player of the Greens, and he talked about his decision to journalist Marinos Printezis in the newspaper “Sportday”.

“I know really well what I signed up for. Panathinaikos is a great club, one of Europe’s finest. I'm so happy with my decision”. After his manager told him about Panathinaikos’ offer, “I needed two days to discuss it with my family. They always have an important role to my decisions. After we agreed on coming to Athens altogether, I accepted the offer. I have big ambitions and my new team plays at the highest level. It means a lot, they got six times the European championship, plus many more domestic titles. It’s the biggest step of my career. I am ready to give my best. I cannot wait to come to Athens next week, and to learn all about my new team, and to meet my new teammates. I am really excited. I’m a team player and I’m looking forward to meeting my coach, and he can be sure that from now I am going to give whatever he needs me to give, for our team to be the best possible one”.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNx26bkI9I

Banned

Stop it. ENOUGH with your Lithuanian racist BULLSHIT and lies.

Langford will NOT be their best player. No way in hell is he as good as guys like Hairston and Bourousis. Not even remotely close.
    Stop it. ENOUGH with your ACCUSATIONS and lies.

What did he say that was remotely close to being racist?

mind=blown y'all don't have Euroleague on ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Love
    Stop it. ENOUGH with your ACCUSATIONS and lies.

What did he say that was remotely close to being racist?
    What he said was purely racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball

Cook
    Hairston
    Gentile
    Fotsis
    Melli
    Bourousis
    Hendrix

thanks

Pelican Brief

Hornets drafted him and Cedric Simmons in the same draft.... Hurts my face thinking of that draft

Better start building the statue now.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

all greek league records will be broken this year

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Langford is a better one on one player than guys like McCalebb, Navarro, and Spanoulis?..........I don't think so.

Best one on one players in Europe would be,

Spanoulis, Navarro, McCalebb

then guys like

Rakocevic, Domercant, Teodosic, Ukic, Jamon Lucas, Halperin

then guys like

Langford, Lakovic (was better one on one player than Langford in his prime)
    He is better one on one player than any player you named , only one that is close to him is Bo but he needs to improve his mid range shooting if he wants to be better in one on one . And lol at players you named : Navarro , Spanoulis ( well he is very good when it comes to 1 on 1 but best , no way ) , Teodosic ( he is avrage one on one player at best but I would say he is bad ) and others . I'm not saying he is better player than them overral because he isn't but he is best player in his team and best 1 on 1 player in Europe .