Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden hurt left knee as Blazers hosted Rockets

The sh*tty thing is...if this dude is out for a long time, or even the season....what do teams do? I mean with guys like Bynum (thank god hes been in there so far) and guys like Oden...what the hell do you do? Do you wait, and see what develops or do you move them because they just arent worth the investment? Its tough!

What a horrible, horrible situation. Its going to be downright outrageous if this dude is out for the damn season.

South Africa 2010

Its getting really hard not to believe in karma.
    best of luck for the Portland franchise.

What the ****, honestly. The man can't catch a damn break.
    Hope he gets better quick.

Best of the luck to the guy. Finally when he is figuring out the game this happens. I really hope he will be OK. Damn shame.

He's out for the year I just found out. Man

Fractured patella. I don't think there is a god.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'm serious, Greg's got to start thinking about how he wants to live his life after basketball.

Im sorry but that is way too much...dude didnt even play his rookie season....then he played like 60 games his second season, and now hes out for the season already? Blazers need to start making some moves for life without Oden, because im not sure whats going to happen with that kid.

That suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I remember this happening to garbajosa and tj ford, i was speechless...**** is not fun

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Wow.. I saw two different bumps on his leg so I wasn't sure, but i guess his kneecap split in two

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCover
    He's a hard enough worker to still be a solid player, He's not going to be Shaq dominant, but as Gobb said, Big Z would be a nice similarity even though they both play so much differently.

Where has GOBB said that?

South Africa 2010

That really sucks man. I dont know if Portland will be able to make some noise in the playoffs without Oden in the middle.

Cuba

I know I play no where near on the level of NBA players, but I play basketball all summer long, fall all the time, twist my ankles, get shin splints. Yet I never had an injury where I had to be helped off the court. How does stuff like this happen?

It's like anything that can happen does happen.

NBA players are much bigger than the rest of the general population, in Greg's case not only is he tall but he's 280lbs, that's a lot more pressure on your ligaments. Just look at how many big guys 6"8 and up have gruesome knee injuries that guys under 6"4 seemingly don't have to deal with as frequently.

gtawkgjaw;gkwwgw. I don't even know what to say. This sucks so much. This has ruined my evening.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Wow.. I saw two different bumps on his leg so I wasn't sure, but i guess his kneecap split in two
    My cousin has joint problems and I've been talking to him. He said basically that it's worse if he moved around while it's dislocated. He got it straight pretty fast.

The knee cap needs to be reset. It sounds like the black griffen injury, the exact same injury.

College superstar

There is no god. Fate is a cruel mistress. Etc. Poor bastard.