Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Obama v. Romney Debate 1 of 3 IGT

There would have been so much of those if that idiot didn't shoot up a theater.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Those were literally the first televised debates ever and Kennedy was, well, Kennedy. All the smooth good looking dude shit you hear about. Nixon was legitimately sick and dripping sweat (youtube it). Nothing near what happened tonight.
    Nixon also refused to use makeup, which was probably even more necessary than it is today (at least before HD).

I think every candidate since then has used makeup.

Nixon got very, very good about using TV in 1968. He hired Roger Ailes, yes the same guy who runs Fox News and Ailes told him what was what.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Santorum getting his Palin Part Deux career started making the talk show rounds tonight.

Dude's on Letterman and Letterman's just letting him do bits. Santorum's a nobody so there's no need to crush him or whatever, but Letterman disagrees with him on basically everything and he's acting all chummy. It's weird to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    You and longhorns need to set the terms of the bet.
    Let's do it tonight.

What's the basic terms of the bet?
    Terms of the bet are...
    I say Obama gets 300 plus electoral votes, Romney stays under 260, even if Romney gets, say 262 and doesn't win, I lose. That's how confident I am that Obama has it in the bag.

A one year ban here from Nov 6th 2012 to Nov 6th 2013 for the loser. I'm in, just need longhorn1234 to accept the terms.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Terms of the bet are...
    I say Obama gets 300 plus electoral votes, Romney stays under 260, even if Romney gets, say 262 and doesn't win, I lose. That's how confident I am that Obama has it in the bag.

A one year ban here from Nov 6th 2012 to Nov 6th 2013 for the loser. I'm in, just need longhorn1234 to accept the terms.

I'll accept the bet. This is too easy.

Romney did better, but the problem was he said absolutely nothing a person who didn't want to vote for him prior would embrace. Nothing to change anyone's mind.

He articulated much better his policies which i don't like or believe. The people i see raving about his performance are his supporters, which is because they were looking for a game changer. I don't think one exists.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    I'll accept the bet. This is too easy.
    Even if you win the bet you should take a one year ban anyway. For the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Romney did better, but the problem was he said absolutely nothing a person who didn't want to vote for him prior would embrace. Nothing to change anyone's mind.

He articulated much better his policies which i don't like or believe. The people i see raving about his performance are his supporters, which is because they were looking for a game changer. I don't think one exists.
    I disagree. I think the big thing is that Barack looked flustered and lost control of the debate. It was a poor performance. He didn't look presidential.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Romney presented better, but I still have absolutely no faith in him helping out the middle class and the poor.

Mate, the governments job aint to carry everybody around. Thats why its called the Declaration of INdependence. Thats why your preamble says every man is endowed by his creator to "life liberty and pursuit of happiness." It dot say hes endowed by the federal government to receive free money they took from some other guy.

Americans have huge incarceration rates.
    Americans homes increasingly value education less than foreign ones.
    Americans live far less healthy than any other developed countries.

These are problems AMERICANS create, mate.

The fact you are saying "I dont trust [this one guy over here] to fix this!" basically shows the backward mindset you and so many other yanks have about the federal government, how you make excuses, pretend to be victims, and cant lift your own self up".

You ARE fostering a country of self defeated losers who are convinced they cant provide a decent life for THEMSELF in the most richly opportune country in the world. How bloody pathetic is that, mate?

Your one simple ignorant statemet demonstrates the exact attitude that is causing America to turn into a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I disagree. I think the big thing is that Barack looked flustered and lost control of the debate. It was a poor performance. He didn't look presidential.
    How quickly people forget. This election reminds me so much of 04, lots of similarities, a likable incumbent really hated by the opposition, a challenger from Massachuetts who was viewed as an unlikable, super rich who can't connect always down in the polls to the incumbent even though he should be winning...

Just remember that Kerry abused W in those debates but who won?

As an Obama supporter, I hope his second term doesn't end like W's

Romney did what he should've been doing all along. From the Charlotte Observer editorial:

This wasn't the 47 percent guy, stumbling from one gaffe into another. It wasn't the candidate who made independents uneasy by giving himself up to the extremes of his party. The Mitt Romney that debated Wednesday night was the nominee moderates in each party hoped for long ago. He won the debate in a rout.
    Is it going to make a difference with the electoral college? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Terms of the bet are...

Just to clarify.

There's 538 total electoral votes. If Obama gets 300, there's only 238 votes left and there's no way Romney can get to 260, so you only need one of those terms.

If Romney got 262. Obama could win with 276 electoral votes.

So since you're confident, let's take the most difficult scenario as the terms of the bet. Obama wins more than 299 electoral votes.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    Mate, the governments job aint to carry everybody around. Thats why its called the Declaration of INdependence. Thats why your preamble says every man is endowed by his creator to "life liberty and pursuit of happiness." It dot say hes endowed by the federal government to receive free money they took from some other guy.

Americans have huge incarceration rates.
    Americans homes increasingly value education less than foreign ones.
    Americans live far less healthy than any other developed countries.

These are problems AMERICANS create, mate.

The fact you are saying "I dont trust [this one guy over here] to fix this!" basically shows the backward mindset you and so many other yanks have about the federal government, how you make excuses, pretend to be victims, and cant lift your own self up".

You ARE fostering a country of self defeated losers who are convinced they cant provide a decent life for THEMSELF in the most richly opportune country in the world. How bloody pathetic is that, mate?

Your one simple ignorant statemet demonstrates the exact attitude that is causing America to turn into a shambles.

I suggest you take a look at your own backyard before you come here talking shit about 'Merica, if it weren't for us, youd be speaking German today, you limey cvnt.

Bugger off, you twaat. Mind yer own fvcking business, no one here gives a shit what a foriegner thinks of us.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Just to clarify.

There's 538 total electoral votes. If Obama gets 300, there's only 238 votes left and there's no way Romney can get to 260, so you only need one of those terms.

If Romney got 262. Obama could win with 276 electoral votes.

So since you're confident, let's take the most difficult scenario as the terms of the bet. Obama wins more than 299 electoral votes.
    I'm down for that.