Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Underdog

Default My muscles aren't visible unless I flex

Whenever I relax, you'd think I was a weakling. When I flex my calves, abs, or arms, they look defined and cut. Why is that? I've put a lot of work into exercising and I know that it should be a personal gain and should make me stronger, but I wouldn't mind if anyone noticed when I'm at the beach.

코비=GOAT

Default Re: My muscles aren't visible unless I flex

Quote Originally Posted by LevisJeans
    Whenever I relax, you'd think I was a weakling. When I flex my calves, abs, or arms, they look defined and cut. Why is that? I've put a lot of work into exercising and I know that it should be a personal gain and should make me stronger, but I wouldn't mind if anyone noticed when I'm at the beach.
    You're skinny. How old are you? Eat more and lift weights.

Decent playground baller Lancerballer21's Avatar

Don't worry dude i am just like you. Im skinny as sh!t but when i flex my muscles are really defined but not big

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Dude, you're 13 (if I remember your other post correctly). Chill. I'm 15 and I've been doing some weights myself and I'm not exactly ripper either.

Underdog

I'm going to be 15 in a few months. I'm not that skinny, I'm 143 lbs and 5'10". It's not that they aren't there, they just aren't nearly as defined as when I flex. I did some research and I found out that it's just an age thing.

코비=GOAT

I'm going to be 15 in a few months. I'm not that skinny, I'm 143 lbs and 5'10". It's not that they aren't there, they just aren't nearly as defined as when I flex. I did some research and I found out that it's just an age thing.
    You're skinny. I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds.

Underdog

Oh well, I'm doing a program now and I'll be doing weight training in school soon. Hopefully, I'll get a little bigger.

5-time NBA All-Star

Yep. I was the same exact size as you when I started getting into working out at the same age. I went HARD for four months and just got a LOT more defined (from not eating enough). Two years elapse and I'm going very light-moderate and I join the track team (to do distance running) and my shoulders broadened, chest expanded from raw puberty Shot up 15 pounds from eating nomrally too.

I'd just advise time and patience. Be sure to keep your heart healthy and flexibile, and as long as you sense some strength gains you are good to go my man. and EAT. compound lifts with care (squats,deads,pullups,bench,chins,pushupsrows,lung es) then secondary (bicepcurls,tricepextensions,calfraises,chestflies ,russiantwists,shouldershrugs) etc.

Underdog

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Yep. I was the same exact size as you when I started getting into working out at the same age. I went HARD for four months and just got a LOT more defined (from not eating enough). Two years elapse and I'm going very light-moderate and I join the track team (to do distance running) and my shoulders broadened, chest expanded from raw puberty Shot up 15 pounds from eating nomrally too.

I'd just advise time and patience. Be sure to keep your heart healthy and flexibile, and as long as you sense some strength gains you are good to go my man. and EAT. compound lifts with care (squats,deads,pullups,bench,chins,pushupsrows,lung es) then secondary (bicepcurls,tricepextensions,calfraises,chestflies ,russiantwists,shouldershrugs) etc.
    As soon as I saw "Last post by JEFFERSON MONEY", I expected a spot-on answer. Thanks.

I'm 5'7 and i'm 139 pounds, i don't lift weights but i got a defined body but i'm skinny.

코비=GOAT

No it's not just an age thing. If you want your muscles to show, you need to lift weights and eat. Then after bulking, you need to cut if you want it to be defined.

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    You're skinny. I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds.
    DAMN BOY YOU ARE TINY. I could lift you with 1 arm lol

nah I'm actually only 170 myself. It's a big jump from you but proportionally I'm not much bigger

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    DAMN BOY YOU ARE TINY. I could lift you with 1 arm lol

nah I'm actually only 170 myself. It's a big jump from you but proportionally I'm not much bigger
    How tall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    How tall are you?
    6'

I had a 3rd string PG your size, he was actually very feisty on D but once his guy got across the 3pt line it was trouble. He couldn't get a shot up on anyone though, oh well @ least he was quick and 3rd string. He could be much better than he is now though, I don't think he's reached his ceiling even for his size
    Last edited by Automajic23; 10-26-2009 at 12:00 PM.

It's mostly about lifting man. You can eat basically the same way you do now and look to gain about 30 pounds in your first year or so. If you eat a lot and drink protein shakes after you workout and stuff you might be able to gain 35 or 40. I went from 135 to 165 from December of my Sophomore year to June. For the rest of the year I only gained about 10 more pounds cus I had already gone through that phase where you can put on weight like there's no tomorrow. Everybody is going to go through that if are hitting it hard and properly of course. From the time you get to the point where you have already built yourself up a lot, you will be lucky to put on 2 or 3 pounds a year.