Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ellis vs Curry

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

Default Re: Ellis vs Curry

I swear, this Golden State Warriors forum has more fkin retards than I've seen anywhere else on IsH.

Decent college freshman

I don't get why you don't trade one of those guys. It's clear they're not a good backcourt duo and you could get good return on a trade

I would keep Stephen just so I could look at that J all day

Decent college freshman

Monta is good enough to start and be a star, obviously. However, that doesn't mean the team isn't best with him as a 6th man. Plug in a Rip Hamilton type or maybe someone younger(vet might help though) and let Elliss run wild off the bench. He can be your Jason Terry for the next 5-10 years. What's wrong with that, Terry has been Dallas' 2nd best player/scorer for a long time off the bench.

Either way, just not sure you can win with that backcourt combo, so someone has to either go to another team or the bench

Good college starter

The way most people see it and other teams see it they are undersize. Two 6'3 guards can't carry a team. Both are the same player except that Curry is getting more accustomed to be a PG where as when Monta plays PG he might can give you 10 assist in a game but he will also have about 7 turnovers to go along with it.

If Monta was to play with a guard like Andre Iguodola who is has that ability to play Point-Forward and handle the ball then Monta would be a beast with just scoring the balling and not have to worry about playing out of his comfort zone.

Thats why I say that Curry should be the future of the team. I actually would like to see Reggie Williams as the starting SG and he has the ability to play Point-Forward and the backcourt wouldn't be undersize.

Its fun watching small guards run up and down the court, but people fail to realize that having two undersize guards in the backcourt are a liabilty on defense and it will really come back to haunt teams in the playoffs when they have top play bigger backcourts.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    These guys are both turnover machines who can't defend shyt. Both seem fitted for the 6th man role... not starting PG or SG.

This is hilarious because I feel completely opposite now.

Monta has made a turnaround though with his professionalism, work ethic, and attitude. In 2009 he was a mess, and I wanted him gone.

Curry has turned out way better than I expected. He still has problems with turnovers and defending larger guards... but he's certainly a starting caliber PG.

As for keeping them both, I'm actually on the wall. Beginning of this season I wanted to move Monta and keep Curry, and I didn't think they could coincide. However, now I think I'm okay with keeping them both unless we get GREAT value for shipping Monta, which isn't going to happen.

I think if we address our overall depth, that this starting 5 can make the Playoffs out West, and be a scary team in the Playoffs with a great homecourt advantage. If Epke can turn into a solid defensive 5, all we need to do is add some depth at PG (sorry Lin) and SF/PF and we can compete with anyone.

Curry / upgrade
    Monta / Williams
    Wright / Thornton?
    Lee / Amundson / upgrade
    Udoh / Biedrins

We need more scoring on the frontline. I'm pretty sure our starters played more minutes than anyone in the league because nobody on the frontline from our bench can put the ball in the hoop.

Not airballing my layups anymore bigdaddyfunk's Avatar

Off Topic but I was wondering if somebody could make me one of those "I Rep" avatars for Golden State, and instead of 2011 playoffs make it 2012?

I really appreciate it, I can't make threads yet lol.

Anyways, this thread was made two years ago but I think it would depend who we would get. I'd keep Monta at this point though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyfunk
    Off Topic but I was wondering if somebody could make me one of those "I Rep" avatars for Golden State, and instead of 2011 playoffs make it 2012?

I really appreciate it, I can't make threads yet lol.

Anyways, this thread was made two years ago but I think it would depend who we would get. I'd keep Monta at this point though.
    I like the idea,too bad i dont know how to do it.