Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Man I haven't played gow3 online before. But I like the way you think ad makes me want to chuck it on lol
    Well my GT is "CoLAciTyPoet WP", if you're looking to play as a team, i'd definitely be down to play. I don't care if we own the other team, i just want teammates who don't run around like rabbits trying to take on the entire opposition by themselves.

I am starting to come to the conclusion that Left 4 Dead 2 just might be the best fps multiplayer fun game i ever played, 3 years going (5 if you count L4D1) and still not bored a single bit, there is some special custom servers i found with 10 vs 10 players that gives special abilities as a zombie or survivor and Valve keeps adding new content... ridicilous fun... i am not sure what it is but all i can say is the game is just completely original, completely different from your typical fps multiplayer games that keeps spamming today like call of duty... the feel of being a zombie (and oh my god so awesome type of zombies & abilities they have) instead might have something to do with it to... and oh yea, the realistic gore combined with melee weapons such as Katana, Chainsaw and so on slaughtering thru hordes of zombies like if you were that guy from the movie Braindead in that final scene... can never bore me out...

I play only fps multiplayer (starting from quake 1/2/3, half life, counter strike, battlefield, call of duty and so on) and none of them could keep me playing for that long with the consistant amount of excitement...

Highly recommend you try this game out, preferably on PC... and for you who got "bored" of L4D, get back in and try some of those new 10+ vs 10+ custom servers (you have no idea what you are missing!)...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-20-2012 at 06:17 PM.

only bought one game ( fifa 13) in the last year, was suppose to get 2k13, but had to do some other things, plus, i gots to get halo and black ops..

I'll get 2k13 soon, hopefully in 2-3 weeks..

I have surpassed 40,000 achievement points

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I've played through the first 4 chapters of Spec Ops The Line. It's a little slow at first, but the story is really picking up and has got me really intrigued. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would....picked it up at Frys for $20.

I recently got Dragon Ballz hd collection from gamefly. I put it in and played 2 or 3 games and thought to myself why the **** did i ever like this shit?I also got the new medal of honor game too but im gonna send both back im tired of shooters.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Playing SSX.

This game is a great entertainment package. The Kilimanjaro decent was one of the single greatest pleasures I've had playing a video game in a long time. The music, the visuals, the gameplay itself, the rewarding feeling of completing an oftentimes difficult challenge... this game is very sneakily great.

It's only wrench is replay value. I suppose getting online will help, it's a good party game, but I just don't see myself really playing it over and over again.

playing some myplayer, gordon averaging 25.6 ppg and 5apg. I'm averaging 28ppg and 9 apg

Just got a 360. Downloaded and started to play The Walking Dead Episode One. Pretty fun so far, haven't really played anything like it before. Then again I've never been too much into video games. Going to start Skyrim tomorrow and got Halo 4 to play online with my buddies (even though I'm terrible).

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Making my way through my giant list of Steam games from the past few sales. I just finished Alan Wake.

Wow. I'm surprised by how much I liked this. This is a case where a well-written story and characters and really cool production touches overcome flaws in gameplay.

+ I loved the way they made this game feel like episodes of a TV show. 6 episodes, each one ending with a sort of a cliffhanger. A nice tough with the "previously on Alan Wake..." to start off each new episode. The entire atmosphere of the game was perfect. The lighting, pacing of the story and horror elements.

+ It starts slow with the first 2 episodes but somewhere in the 3rd one I started to really care and become interested in the story this game was creating. I wanted to save Alice and find out what the hell was going on.

+ Cool new combat mechanic of using light to weaken enemies before you can destroy them.

+ Great voice acting all around.

+ David Bowie's Space Oddity over the end credits? Hell, yes.

- The story and setting limits the variety of enemies you face. At times, some of the encounters get really repetitive. Also some areas have unlimited spawning enemies and you only realize you have to run after wasting tons of ammo. I hate endlessly spawn points in games. That's just lazy.

- It's a very linear game. Going off the main path will occasionally reward you with extra ammo, small additional pieces to the story or totally useless "collectibles". You get plenty of ammo though and there is almost no reason to go off exploring.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 12-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Just beat the final boss in FTL. Mind you it was on easy, but I'm still quite proud of that.

I've come to the conclusion that The Walking Dead was the best game of 2012.

-running a bulls association on 2k13.

-beating a backlog of campaigns of games that I mostly got for multiplayer: Halo CE, Battlefield 3, I quit both after getting halfway through and decided to go back for gamerscore. I should finish both of these by the end of the week.

-About to finish up a few things left I want to do in AC3,

-and then I might go back to LA Noire, even though I feel like I got most of what I was going to get out of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Just beat the final boss in FTL. Mind you it was on easy, but I'm still quite proud of that.
    Me too. Winning the game on easy is still damn hard, but it's doable.

I like to think it's simply not meant to be done on the normal mode. The odds are insanely stacked against you.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Me too. Winning the game on easy is still damn hard, but it's doable.

I like to think it's simply not meant to be done on the normal mode. The odds are insanely stacked against you.
    I've only been playing on normal and I think the farthest I've made it to is the 4th system. At some point I jump into too many systems with solar flares or I can never find more crewmembers or I keep getting boarded. I'm still trynig to figure out what strategies are the best but having at least 4 crewmembers seems essential.