Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: How many hours of sleep do you get?

As a college student, im pretty ****ing nocturnal. I sleep anywhere from 4 hours to 8, its never really the same.

NBA lottery pick

I don't sleep.

I only dream.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    I don't sleep.

I only dream.
    Lies!

Banned

Between 6 to 8 hours.

between 3 and 4

Banned

Sleep pattern varies between agegroups and it also depens on your health, but from studies i've read online here is the pattern

No data take before the age of 16

16-22= 4 hrs per night is doable
    22-27= increases to 5 hours per night
    27-34= goes up only 30 min per night for some reason which = to 5.5 hrs

not going to bore you with the rest of the list but between 34-67 the time varies from 6 hrs-9hrs per night. No data was taken after the age of 67 becuase you need all the rest you can get after hitting that age and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    You speak high truths. Some of the prescriptions I would see some of my former clients come in with would never seize to amaze. Just because something isn't an illcit street drug, doesn't mean it should administered without extreme caution. This shit ruins lives, and some of these docs just write their scripts headlessly. It's analogous to putting the rock in a crackheads pipe and lighting it for them.

Might I ask if your old man has ever been to detox? A decade span worth of Benzo usage generally requires a tapper (ie - being gradually weened off). The average stay at a detox centre is usually about 3 to 6 days but long term/heavy benzo users are often handled more delicately and require a longer stay, due to the intensity and dangers of the associated withdrawal.

I wish him well...
    Nah, he's never been an in-patient, though he has tapered several times, with different doctors. But he's in a stable situation now with a very good psychiatric doctor who has brought his usage down from 6+mg Klonopin to 1.5mg and he is stable at that level. But whenever he's tried to taper that last mg he's found it unbearable and unrelenting (he did 6-7 days taking none with no relief in withdrawal symptoms, and in cases of prolonged heavy use, the withdrawal period can last months). And having recently started a new high-responsibility/workload job he can't afford to let on about his condition, or take several months off to try and rehab properly. But he's producing good scientific work and feeling generally not too bad on what he's on at the moment, so there's no real need to try and force things (especially as prior to recent stable period had been like 18 months of havoc).

He's also (prior to this doctor) been horrifically mistreated, and by people who are supposed to be highly respected in their fields: one prescribed him Lexipro in combination with something i forget, that combined for a sedative effect that just had him sleeping whole days. And another, who misdiagnosed him with opiate withdrawal (taking codeine to offset withdrawal symptoms), prescribed him suboxone which resulted in him going into some kind of shock, having a mental breakdown, and checking himself into an institute for a night (a horror show according to him). I can't imagine what it felt like, but he said couldn't move and felt sure he was going to die, so not fun. I have no doubt many people have had their lives more permanently ruined by this kind of doctor incompetence, and it's sad really considering how much blind faith people place in them sometimes. You can actually get better advice on the internet a lot of the time if you know the right places to look.

Doctors can really be remarkably ill-informed when it comes to drugs. I once had a doctor prescribe me Zopiclone (vile stuff imo) saying it was like a benzo but not addictive . I mean, that is next levels of incompetence.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    i try to get 8 hours, in the weekend its less though

Why's that??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStarks
    Sleep pattern varies between agegroups and it also depens on your health, but from studies i've read online here is the pattern

No data take before the age of 16

16-22= 4 hrs per night is doable
    22-27= increases to 5 hours per night
    27-34= goes up only 30 min per night for some reason which = to 5.5 hrs

not going to bore you with the rest of the list but between 34-67 the time varies from 6 hrs-9hrs per night. No data was taken after the age of 67 becuase you need all the rest you can get after hitting that age and beyond
    This doesn't look right. 16-year olds are far more prone to sleep 10 hours than 4, and it always seems to me that older people sleep less.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    This doesn't look right. 16-year olds are far more prone to sleep 10 hours than 4, and it always seems to me that older people sleep less.

Correct. Your sleep tends to be longer while you're younger due to your body growing as you get older.

7.5 hours a night. I am f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cked if I don't get 7 hours.

In my early 20s I ran on 5 hours every night no problem. How the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck did I do that? I could pull all nighters and be fine the next day. I tried that recently and I fell asleep eating my lunch in the afternoon--head on the table and food in my hand.
    Last edited by Pushxx; 04-24-2014 at 11:46 PM.

6-8 on weekdays
    9-12 on weekends
    Thats during the school year.

9-12 in the summer/vacations

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    im guessing its going by now much u need rather than how much you actually sleep. But i agree with you from the age of 14-20 i slept a lot . there was no reason for sleeping that much though, i wasnt ever out past 1 a.m

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

I try to get 6-7 hours every day since I wake up at 5 to get to my first class on time. I try to follow the 90-minute rule to wake up good, and it seems to work out so it's all good.

I can't sleep that long, though. I'll wake up before 8 or 9 AM everyday unless I sleep really late.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bernkastel
    I try to get 6-7 hours every day since I wake up at 5 to get to my first class on time. I try to follow the 90-minute rule to wake up good, and it seems to work out so it's all good.
    What is this "90-minute rule to wake up good" you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernkastel
    I can't sleep that long, though. I'll wake up before 8 or 9 AM everyday unless I sleep really late.
    Duuuuuhhhhhhhh which way did he go, Boss. Which way did he gooooo?????