Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    Wow Lakers fans picking the Lakers to win that's not surprising at all......

Even if I wasnt a Lakers fan, I would be picking them. They have Kobe, a better bench, HCA, better coach, were just in the Finals last year and have more experience, can close out to shooters....lots of reasons.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Im gonna go with the Lakers in 7. Its gonna be a though series featuring two teams that have being tested before throughout the Playoffs.
    For the Magic to win this:
    1 -They'll need to execute screen and roll early and often cuz if they do, they'll get all those open 3 that they love so much
    2 - Superman needs to stay away from the Kryptonite(foul trouble)
    3 - Van gundy needs to keep his compousure so his team can stay focuss
    4 - turn kobe into a scorer

As for the Lakers:
    1- they need to defend screen n roll with efectiveness
    2- say within their offense
    3- go to Pau frequently in order to get dwight howard in foul trouble
    4- Kobe needs to play like he did in games 5 and 6 of the denver series
    5- Protect the lead

To all the Magic fans, may the best team win

LAKERS vs MAGIC....Lets get it on!!

svg is always on edge for 48 minutes. his attention to detail contends for 48 minutes straight. phil can't discredit the magic and play them with the same old calm mentality. fire power for fire power, theirs is much more collected, experienced, and better decision makers.

I'm taking the Lakers in 5.

Maybe Howard raised his game magically... but more likely he was taking advantage of weak defenders - Kendrick Perkins bodied him in the prior series.

Gasol can't guard Lewis but Lewis can't guard Gasol either. Odom can guard Lewis if they want to go with that match up. Ariza can check Turkgolu. The Magic have no one that can hurt LA at their weakest position.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    I'm taking the Lakers in 5.
    The Magic have no one that can hurt LA at their weakest position.
    And this is why Magic magically swept Lakers in the regular season?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    He is top 10, he is the most dominant force big man in the NBA. Skill wise there are others that are better but his athleticness and power create problems much like Lebrons but at the center position instead of on the wing.
    We are talking about big men in general not just centers.

Here are 10 big men better than Dwight on offense. Keep in mind it's just about scoring, it's just offense in general which would include the likes of passing and scoring.

-Yao
    -Duncan
    -Bosh
    -Amare
    -Al Jefferson
    -Pau Gasol
    -Carlos Boozer
    -Dirk
    -Kevin Garnett
    -Shaq
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo
    And this is why Magic magically swept Lakers in the regular season?
    That would be Jameer Nelson who will not be playing in this finals. Oh and keep in mind the Cavs swept the Spurs in the regular season in 2007. Guess what happened in the Finals? Did I also mention the Mavericks also swept the Heat in the regular season? What happened in the Finals?

Regular season means nothing. Especially when nobody on that Magic team has even experienced The Finals while everybody on the Lakers minus Bynum, Ariza and Brown have.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    Regular season means nothing. Especially when nobody on that Magic team has even experienced The Finals while everybody on the Lakers minus Bynum, Ariza and Brown have.
    Well, they all (Lakers without Shaq) proved to be losers, did not they?

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    Even if I wasnt a Lakers fan, I would be picking them. They have Kobe, a better bench, HCA, better coach, were just in the Finals last year and have more experience, can close out to shooters....lots of reasons.
    I've rooted against the Lakers all year and I completely agree with everything you said (possible exception being that Jackson's a better coach than Van Gundy, but that's another thread, I guess). Odom and Gasol are like the opposite of Cleveland's bigs in terms of mobility and quickness, and they should give Orlando trouble. A lot of what led to the two Magic wins this season was probably Nelson giving Fisher as much trouble as all small point guards do. I'm predicting Lakers in five, maybe six, although I'll still be rooting for Orlando.

Since everybody is picking the Lakers I'm gonna go with the underdog so I got the Magic in 6, both teams match very well but I think the Magic have enuff fire power to hange with the Lakers...Michael Pietrus is gonna be the X factor again in this series...I can't wait untill they play!!!!!!!

I don't think the Magic can win game 6 or game 7 in LA. They must attempt to finish the Lakers off in 5 or they lose this series.

is their a chance jameer is gonna play?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr

Even if he did, by some miracle...what exactly do you think he could do? Dude hasnt played for HALF a season, PLUS most of the playoffs.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Even if he did, by some miracle...what exactly do you think he could do? Dude hasnt played for HALF a season, PLUS most of the playoffs.
    Jordan didn't play for over a year after his retirement, came back and immediately dropped 55 in the Madison Square Garden. It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr

Doubt it. He said in Game 6 vs the Cavs he was aiming for a preseason return....

If he did come back, that would be crazy as hell. I think Skip and Carter can hold it down though.

This will be a good series. I'm predicting the Magic in 7, 6 if they play like they did vs Cleveland. When a team is playing THAT focused with that kind of ball movement and everybody is confident and willing to take big shots, it's damn near impossible to guard. Lewis and Turk shouldn't have a problem but Peitrus, Lee, Skip, and Orlandos other C gotta play well to put away the Lakers. I'm excited for this series...

Never thought I would say this but.....LET'S GO MAGIC!