Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Dwight Howard says he'd be OK with coming to Chicago

If the Magic play hardball with potential trade partners, they'll just end up losing Howard for nothing via free agency.

I love the Bulls squad but outside of Rose anyone should be tradeable. It's Dwight Howard for **** sake. If you have a chance at getting him you go for it!
    You dont gut your team for one superstar. Didn't work so great for the Knicks, did it?

Default Re: My source has informed me Dwight is okay with coming to Chicago

I'd take Hedo. He's no Deng on D, but he's no Deng on O either.

Deng, as good as his numbers are this year is not as good as a facilitator as Hedo imho.

will be a downgrade at the SF spot but it might work out.

College star

@ the disgruntled Bulls fans at my trade idea:

I mean, I don't know. Maybe I'm looking at it way too objective and not enough from Chicago's stand point. But I think the worst you lose is Deng, who will undoubtedly be missed. But I think Brewer is replaceable, I think Lucas is replaceable. Boozer disappears half of the time, and his lack of playing time down the stretch is a testament to his lack of effectiveness from a coach's standpoint. Noah is just starting to come along this year, and has been the defensive anchor that the Bulls needed so desperately in the years of Hinrich/Gordon/Deng.

But you're in turn getting the best center in the league who hasn't even reached his prime yet, the defensive player of the year two years in a row. What you'd lose in defense from Noah and Boozer (Boozer, defense? ) you get back in Dwight, and then some. You don't lose anything on offense when it comes to losing Noah. You lose the versatility Boozer brings in his capabilities, but you can probably find a much cheaper option for someone that will put up less points but be more consistent, and better defensively (KG for the veteran's minimum maybe?). You don't lose anything on rebounding, unless you consider the fact that you're replacing two able bodies to get a loose ball on the boards with one. That energy you guys are talking about is great and all, but we're talking the best center in the league. If you're not willing to trade an "energy player" to have the best center in the league and one of the best point guards in the league, on the SAME team, and they haven't even reached their prime yet? You got your priorities all mixed up.

Again, it's just a trade idea at the end of the day so get your panties out a bunch. If you can pull it off without giving Deng then you got yourself a steal. But to me, the Magic are not trading Dwight frigging Howard for just Noah and Gibson, or Boozer and Brewer. If they were looking to deal that low they'd just trade Bynum for Dwight straight up. You'd at least be getting the best center in the West for Howard. Noah and Boozer aren't even top 5 at their respected positions, let's be serious here.

All I'm saying is, you give yourself the makings of a true dynasty in Rose and Howard. That pick and roll combination?

With that being said, Bulls are still one of the best teams in the NBA, top 3 without question, for some stretches THE best team. But when Boozer disappears again in the playoffs, and Noah's energy isn't enough to stop Miami, and Rose again is in a situation where it's him or nothing, Rose against Miami's big 2.5, and they fall short again, I guarantee you'll look back at the past possibility for trading for Howard and you won't be so disgruntled anymore.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 01-30-2012 at 02:40 PM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkrage
    Exactly. some people are being too sentimental and act like our team's chemistry is that good. We all saw how that worked out in the playoffs.

I think the team is doing much better this year, but it is still a ways apart from beating Miami in a 7 game series imho.
    Thank you, someone with logic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Thank you, someone with logic.
    Your trade idea is still horrible, though. There's no way we include Asik and Brewer to take back Orton and Duhon.

If this trade went down MIA vs. CHI in ECF would be one of the best series ever.

I think CHI would be better than MIA.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Noah and Taj Gibson and the Bobcats draft pick is a pretty damn good deal.
    if they could makehe trade happen with what your tossing out there then they should do whatever they can to get it done. but even with trading a piece like noah you are taking a risk with blowing up team chemistry. i dont think noah gibson and a draft pick would be enough though and if the bulls had to add more and take hedo with it. then chicago would be taking a huge risk of destroying a chance at a title this year.

it would be a hell of a thing to see though rose and howard on the same team.

the bulls cant give boozer and noah. winning in the nba happens when youve got the bigs. howard playing next to boozer or noah is what would make the bulls stronger.
    Last edited by returnofthemack; 01-30-2012 at 03:03 PM.

I am your soldier!

We get it Dwight, you want to go to any team that's better than the one you're on.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

To make this happen probably magic would want entire starting frontcourt of bulls for howard and hedo.They wanted bynum and gasol for howard alone.So they would have the best pg and center in the league however even though deng couldn't even slow down james,(james averages 31ppg on %49 against deng)
    he at least shows some resistance against lebron.Think now lebron right now is much better than 2008-2009 lebron when lebron put up 39-8-8 against hedo.Right now hedo is much worse who is gonna defend lebron.I could easily see him averaging 35-40ppg on %60 against hedo.Combined with wade and bosh output.They would at least average 35-40ppg combined.There is no way rose&howard combination would match that.So i think they have much better chances of beating heat with their current roster than with howard.It just goes to show you how valuable deng really is to bulls

Blah blah blah. He doesn't want to go to Chicago.

Instead, we'll be treated to The Dance. Here's the script: Dwight visits town, reporter asks Dwight if he'd consider playing there, Dwight gives vague hypothetical answer that doesn't completely slam door, everybody runs with it. (Yesterday a Chicago paper jumped the gun on this by doing this exact dance with Howard even when his team wasn't playing there.)
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-orlando-magic

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Bucher says if a team trades for Stephen Jackson then Dwight'd want to play there a lot more. Apparently the two have "talked." Stephen Jackson, seriously.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Chicago incarnation of crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Blah blah blah. He doesn't want to go to Chicago.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-orlando-magic
    This. Stop taking the bait guys.

He's coming to Philly, wish you all would STFU and accept what will happen. I'm trying to tell you a suckerpunch is coming (Dwight to Philly) and you're all like running your mouth (he going to chi, no la, he hates ny). Dont say nothing when you get hit (newest Sixer Dwight Howard) .