Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN insider predicts Nets go 64-18 and have BEST shot at winning championship at 36%

We have absolutely no backup SF/SG, now it looks like a huge mistake to have let Marshon go instead of Evans. Unless we manage to sign Kirilenko, Barnes and Belineli or at least two of the three, the next season aint gonna be easy for us. Will need everyone to stay extraordinarily healthy to compete for a 60wins record, and it's season over if either PP oe\r JJ goes down with an injury.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: ESPN insider predicts Nets go 64-18 and have BEST shot at winning championship at 36%

Thats what they said about the lakers last season.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Does anyone have West rankings ? Would appreciate

I don't know.... KG looks pretty old and Pierce is too.

Deron Williams is Deron Williams and Brrok will learn from KG I think

Can the Nets go 64-18 and win the title? yes. No Doubt.

Is it likely? NO

I can think of a bunch of things that could go wrong, health, KGs moody ass deciding hed rather collect his money as a coach in Minny, just age in general (further decline on PP or JJ), Lopez foot not taking to the redesign on the screw and further surgery, and the fact there assistant coach has the backing of the celtic guys while Deron, etc. are firmly there for Kidd.

It just strikes me as way too many things to call the Nets a favorite. The Nets, to win the title need players to really improve across the board from last year. its a difficult challenge.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Can the Nets go 64-18 and win the title? yes. No Doubt.

Is it likely? NO

I can think of a bunch of things that could go wrong, health, KGs moody ass deciding hed rather collect his money as a coach in Minny, just age in general (further decline on PP or JJ), Lopez foot not taking to the redesign on the screw and further surgery, and the fact there assistant coach has the backing of the celtic guys while Deron, etc. are firmly there for Kidd.

It just strikes me as way too many things to call the Nets a favorite. The Nets, to win the title need players to really improve across the board from last year. its a difficult challenge.
    Come on man i know you're just trying to be unbiased but there is no way on gods green earth the nursery home nets win 64 games this year, healthy or unhealthy. The rest i agree.
    Last edited by jimmy77x; 07-04-2013 at 01:59 AM.

so
    the heat after having a league best
    66-16
    and having the 2nd longest winning
    streak in nba history
    and having Birdman for a full season
    and more improved roster
    are Going to at least be 3 games worse

and the nets are going to go
    from under 50 wins to 64
    at least a 15 win swing
    all while losing their best rebounder
    and one of the nba best

along with having the oldest slowest roster in
    the league,and by far the oldest starting 5

Really??

I realize every team in the league that looks
    good on paper is hyped to the extreme as
    Miami-Beaters but come on.

The only way theyll get even 60 wins is if all tge starting 5
    play 30-35 min plus
    in which case thats a bad idea

Have they heard of the 2012-2013 lakers

Names,Legends,Old age

Nash,Kobe,MWP,Gasol,Howard,Blake

all got mins and all got injured or worn out
    in one way or another

64-18,best record WHAT??

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Come on man i know you're just trying to be unbiased but there is no way on gods green earth the nursery home nets win 64 games this year, healthy or unhealthy. The rest i agree.
    Yes, everything could break right and the Nets win the title. I just think there are too many ifs to call the Nets a favorite over those teams like SA,Miami and Indiana where we know waht we are getting.

Miamis still gonna be 1st in the east IMO. Depending on D-Rose's comeback, they'll be a tough team to take down too. I think we matchup well with Indy and NY though.

I don't see the Nets as being a great regular season team. I certainly don't see them winning 64 games, nor should they be trying to win that many games. Their goals should be a top 4 seed, and everyone healthy.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

The Nets season will be like the Lakers' past season. Injuries due to age will derail them.

This will be like an evolutionary version of colossally stacked disappointments such as the 2004, 2013 Lakers ... or they will end up being basically a dominant 2008 Celtics type squad.

But with a rookie coach in Jason Kidd, I'm not too convinced. I definitely have my doubts. Health, and further deterioration of Pierce and Garnett may make them suffer. But all of that could be off set by a developing Brook Lopez and a now healthy, and motivated Deron Williams (he needs to lose weight).

I think all of these guys playing together takes significant burden off each other, weight that at Pierce and KG's age they couldn't handle anymore together on the Celtics. But with Deron, JJ, and Lopez. They may end up being really good. I wouldn't mind seeing a Brooklyn v.s. Miami show down in the ECF.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Miamis still gonna be 1st in the east IMO. Depending on D-Rose's comeback, they'll be a tough team to take down too. I think we matchup well with Indy and NY though.
    Totally agree, Pierce should lock down Melo and Paul George, will own their souls.

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

No way in hell that Nets can get 64 wins in the regual season.

They are gonna get killed by teams like Nuggets, Heat, OKC etc.

In the playoffs tho, the pace slows down and that will favor the Nets making them really dangerous.