Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam

Regarding what button Elisa Lam presses in the CCTV footage -

Elisa Lam was responsible for keeping the elevator door open by pressing the DOOR HOLD button.

Look at this image of the Cecil Hotel elevator panel she used.

The buttons she presses on the middle row from top to bottom:

14 (the floor she was on, since the button didn't light up), 10, 7, 4 (the floor of her hotel room), M (mezzanine), B (basement) and finally the DOOR HOLD button on the very bottom.

On the youtube video, here is the time lime that I believe is what went down on the night of February 1st when that CCTV footage was recorded in the elevator -

0:03 Elisa enters elevator, no glasses. Demeanor suggest in a normal state, no panic.

0:06 She leans her face very close to the elevator panel buttons, but has a hard time to make up the numbers.

Using her memory, she remembers the 4th floor (her hotel room floor) is on the middle row. She decides, "what the heck", and presses the entire middle row as a gamble hoping she reach her floor.

0:07 Look at this image of the Cecil Hotel elevator panel she used.

0:11 Right when she is about to press the final button on the bottom, the DOOR HOLD button (refer to the picture on my reply post), notice the elevator door about to close.

It is only then when she presses the DOOR HOLD button that the elevator door retracts, and remains open.

0:13 Elisa backs up and waits for the elevator to close as normal. However it takes too long and then she begins to wonder if somebody is outside the hallway preventing the door from closing

0:23 Elisa slowly and cautiously steps forward to investigate the hallway. She carefully lunges out quick to get a quick peek out the hallway - but nobody is outside.

0:25 Elisa steps back into the elevator, bemused at finding nobody outside the hallway. I can imagine right now, her feeling nervous and confused. She wonders to herself, "is it a ghost??" "Is somebody outside the elevator?"

She spooks her self, and backs into the elevator wall, and into the corner

0:39 she musters up the courage again to step out the elevator to see if anybody is outside. Slowly taking cautious steps since there is a hallway on the left and right, and anybody is able to hide around the corner there.

0:57 At this point, security guards in the CCTV monitor room, watching her every move via the CCTV camera in the elevator get concerned, and one of them is dispatched to take the second elevator next to the one Elisa is in up to the 14th floor.

1:12 Elisa stands outside the elevator, back against the wall. She wonders if there is a problem with the elevator sensor and waits to see if it will close if she is out of the elevator

1:27 After waiting for so long for the elevator to work, with no luck - Elisa becomes frustrated and panics. She puts her hands on her head and gets back in the elevator as if to say "oh my god, why isn't this elevator working??"

This is when she gives a second attempt, to press ALL off the buttons again, only on the middle row to see if it will work. Unknowingly, she presses the DOOR HOLD button multiple times, triggering it on and off and on, resetting the door hold timer.

1:56 Elisa steps out the elevator again, and by this time, the security guard using the other elevator beside the one Elisa is in finally reaches up the 14th floor.

He steps out, away from camera view from the 1st elevator and calls out to? Elisa asking what is going on.

Elisa is surprised, and then gestures toward the elevator explaining her dilemma with the elevator not working. The guard asks her how many times she (still figuring out what), and Elisa uses her fingers to count 3 times.

I believe that Elisa Lam was looking for a public shower room that was vacant since the one on the 4th floor was occupied.

The Stay on Main hostel rooms at the Cecil Hotel are on the 1st - 5th floor as I'm told from somebody who stayed there a year ago. There are no showers in those resident rooms, which is why they need to use the public shower rooms located out on the hallway.

She must of been too stubborn to go back to her hotel room to get her glasses, which is why she is seen having trouble seeing the buttons on the elevator, and then taking a gamble to press the entire column hoping she'll get to her 4th floor from the 14th floor, but she unknowingly pressed the DOOR HOLD button as well.

c/p

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    Regarding what button Elisa Lam presses in the CCTV footage -

Elisa Lam was responsible for keeping the elevator door open by pressing the DOOR HOLD button.

The buttons she presses on the middle row from top to bottom:

14 (the floor she was on, since the button didn't light up), 10, 7, 4 (the floor of her hotel room), M (mezzanine), B (basement) and finally the DOOR HOLD button on the very bottom.

On the youtube video, here is the time lime that I believe is what went down on the night of February 1st when that CCTV footage was recorded in the elevator -

0:03 Elisa enters elevator, no glasses. Demeanor suggest in a normal state, no panic.

0:06 She leans her face very close to the elevator panel buttons, but has a hard time to make up the numbers.

Using her memory, she remembers the 4th floor (her hotel room floor) is on the middle row. She decides, "what the heck", and presses the entire middle row as a gamble hoping she reach her floor.

[COLOR="Red"]I can't imagine someone that would just press all the buttons in the middle. That would mean A LOT of stops before you get to the 4th floor.[/COLOR]

0:07 Look at this image of the Cecil Hotel elevator panel she used.

0:11 Right when she is about to press the final button on the bottom, the DOOR HOLD button (refer to the picture on my reply post), notice the elevator door about to close.

It is only then when she presses the DOOR HOLD button that the elevator door retracts, and remains open.

0:13 Elisa backs up and waits for the elevator to close as normal. However it takes too long and then she begins to wonder if somebody is outside the hallway preventing the door from closing

0:23 Elisa slowly and cautiously steps forward to investigate the hallway. She carefully lunges out quick to get a quick peek out the hallway - but nobody is outside.

0:25 Elisa steps back into the elevator, bemused at finding nobody outside the hallway. I can imagine right now, her feeling nervous and confused. She wonders to herself, "is it a ghost??" "Is somebody outside the elevator?"

She spooks her self, and backs into the elevator wall, and into the corner

0:39 she musters up the courage again to step out the elevator to see if anybody is outside. Slowly taking cautious steps since there is a hallway on the left and right, and anybody is able to hide around the corner there.

0:57 At this point, security guards in the CCTV monitor room, watching her every move via the CCTV camera in the elevator get concerned, and one of them is dispatched to take the second elevator next to the one Elisa is in up to the 14th floor.

[COLOR="Red"]If that was the case, they would have interviewed the security guards that day. The only reason the LAPD even released this video to the public was to find her when she was reported missing. If there was nothing strange about the video, or if the security guard that checked up on her said everything was fine.. this video wouldn't have even been released.[/COLOR]

1:12 Elisa stands outside the elevator, back against the wall. She wonders if there is a problem with the elevator sensor and waits to see if it will close if she is out of the elevator

1:27 After waiting for so long for the elevator to work, with no luck - Elisa becomes frustrated and panics. She puts her hands on her head and gets back in the elevator as if to say "oh my god, why isn't this elevator working??"

This is when she gives a second attempt, to press ALL off the buttons again, only on the middle row to see if it will work. Unknowingly, she presses the DOOR HOLD button multiple times, triggering it on and off and on, resetting the door hold timer.

1:56 Elisa steps out the elevator again, and by this time, the security guard using the other elevator beside the one Elisa is in finally reaches up the 14th floor.

He steps out, away from camera view from the 1st elevator and calls out to? Elisa asking what is going on.

[COLOR="Red"]If a security guard actually spoke to her before she went missing, wouldn't that be an important fact to the investigation? Nothing was ever mentioned that a security guard actually spoke to Elisa. If the security guard was the last one to actually speak to her before she was killed, he should seriously be considered as an important witness. [/COLOR]

Elisa is surprised, and then gestures toward the elevator explaining her dilemma with the elevator not working. The guard asks her how many times she (still figuring out what), and Elisa uses her fingers to count 3 times.
    [COLOR="Red"]Elisa was gesturing / speaking to someone on the right side. If it was the security guard, how come he never once walks past the camera? Elisa leaves on the left side of the screen. So the security guard just told her to be on her way, and left her alone? Wouldn't he have just went to the elevator to see what's wrong? Possibly just releasing the hold door button for her?[/COLOR]

I believe that Elisa Lam was looking for a public shower room that was vacant since the one on the 4th floor was occupied.

[COLOR="Red"]If she was looking for a public shower, why didn't she have any towels, change or clothes, soap, etc?[/COLOR]

The Stay on Main hostel rooms at the Cecil Hotel are on the 1st - 5th floor as I'm told from somebody who stayed there a year ago. There are no showers in those resident rooms, which is why they need to use the public shower rooms located out on the hallway.

She must of been too stubborn to go back to her hotel room to get her glasses, which is why she is seen having trouble seeing the buttons on the elevator, and then taking a gamble to press the entire column hoping she'll get to her 4th floor from the 14th floor, but she unknowingly pressed the DOOR HOLD button as well.

c/p
    Nothing you stated makes any sense except for the "Door Hold" button.

Are there timers to the door hold button, or will it only close if the button is released?
    Last edited by n00bie; 02-24-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    damn... freaky stuff...
    look at this

Decomposing body found in water tank that of Elisa Lam..

Hotel guests/residents were drinking/ingesting, bathing etc. with this water.

TB test, which is for a particular form of TB (that can be contracted by ingesting)
    MIRRORS HER NAME.

Hotel Cecil, Downtown LA
    ELISA LAM.

TB outbreak, Downtown LA
    LAM ELISA (Name of test)

ELISA LAM= LAM ELISA

----------------------

Feb - 21 - 2013

Thousands May Have Been Exposed To Deadly TB Epidemic Downtown

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com)

[QUOTE=zizozain]look at this

Decomposing body found in water tank that of Elisa Lam..

Hotel guests/residents were drinking/ingesting, bathing etc. with this water.

TB test, which is for a particular form of TB (that can be contracted by ingesting)
    MIRRORS HER NAME.

Hotel Cecil, Downtown LA
    ELISA LAM.

TB outbreak, Downtown LA
    LAM ELISA (Name of test)

ELISA LAM= LAM ELISA

----------------------

Feb - 21 - 2013

Thousands May Have Been Exposed To Deadly TB Epidemic Downtown

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com)

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    Not sure if I believe this, but there is a company called "the invisible light agency" that is actually located at the hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cecil+...tates&t=h&z=21

Their company website is nothing but a pyramid: http://invisiblelight.tv/

No possible way this could be just a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Some Homeless and transient folks with Mental disorders....

The actual Hotel itself looks pretty nice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    you can log in the site here lol

http://invisiblelight.tv/il_client_login.php

and here's their facebook with 3 likes lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-In...08696405839841
    I pretty much researched the site myself too. There's nothing on their site but a Log In.

I also checked their FB page and it had 3 Likes. So I clicked to see who the likes were and saw a couple of FB pages.

Browsing through it, one of the guys seem to like other agencies such as screen writing and stuff. It could be some Hollywood movie agency or something of that sorts.

WHOIS...doesn't show who the owner of the site is either.

Banned

Someone should call the agency, if there's a number and say the guy's name on Facebook told you to call them and find out what they are all about.

ISH investigation up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain

Cecil only has 14 floors and no mezzanine

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I pretty much researched the site myself too. There's nothing on their site but a Log In.

I also checked their FB page and it had 3 Likes. So I clicked to see who the likes were and saw a couple of FB pages.

Browsing through it, one of the guys seem to like other agencies such as screen writing and stuff. It could be some Hollywood movie agency or something of that sorts.

WHOIS...doesn't show who the owner of the site is either.
    Found this on the agency

http://radaris.com/p/Cynthia/Hongpanich/

Cynthia Hongpanich

Title: Executive Producer and CoFounder :: The Invisible Light Agency

Industry: Broadcast Media

Past: Musician / Concert Manager at The Classical Four - Accordion Quartet, Freelance Producer at Pyrographik, Senior Producer at TEQUILA / TBWA Advertising Agency, Project Manager at Team One

Looks like a talent type of agency or something like that... Probably really small time outfit.. addy is next door to the Cecil at 620 not 640

Can't wait to see how this story unfolds, definitely crazy.

for people who say that there was no foul play and it was an accidental death due to drugs or her going crazy or whatever...she was found naked right? then where were her clothes? if the clothes weren't found around the water tank then she would have had to strip naked, hide her clothes somewhere while she wandered through this hotel without being seen and before reaching the roof. highly improbable. someone had to have gotten rid of the clothes right? foul play was definitely involved.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    for people who say that there was no foul play and it was an accidental death due to drugs or her going crazy or whatever...she was found naked right? then where were her clothes? if the clothes weren't found around the water tank then she would have had to strip naked, hide her clothes somewhere while she wandered through this hotel without being seen and before reaching the roof. highly improbable. someone had to have gotten rid of the clothes right? foul play was definitely involved.
    Her autopsy didn't provide any answers in her death.. which would mean she didn't drown. I believe when someone drowns, they can easily determine the cause of death because of the water in the lungs.

The fact that they are now relying on toxicology tests means that they can't figure out how she died. If she didn't drown, then either someone killed or, or someone put her body in the water tank after she died.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    Her autopsy didn't provide any answers in her death.. which would mean she didn't drown. I believe when someone drowns, they can easily determine the cause of death because of the water in the lungs.

The fact that they are now relying on toxicology tests means that they can't figure out how she died. If she didn't drown, then either someone killed or, or someone put her body in the water tank after she died.
    Don't jump that horse yet. and start making assumptions

The coroner said her autopsy didn't show a definitive answer. He never said she didn't drown or even remark on if she had water in her lungs. the preliminary report is just saying there were no outward signs of trauma.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I got goosebumps reading almost every comment in the thread. I haven't even seen the elevator footage yet, i kinda don't want to either.