Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on Game 7 in 2006 Phoenix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    So because he SAYS he didn't quit he didn't quit? Do you really think he would own up to it? Guess what? OJ SAYS he didn't kill his wife! At any rate, I'm not going to rehash this because it's been discussed many, many times. I'll just say that to those of us who watched the game (oh, and it wasn't about JUST his scoring, it was about him hanging out at the perimeter swinging the ball the ENTIRE half, not penetrating, not screening, not slashing, etc.) it was clear.

His fanboys will defend him to the day they die (all while crucifying LeBron of course), but even HONEST Laker/Kobe fans I've seen have said something wasw up.
    Omg it's knoe itawl, the legend. I've heard you were the first human being to hate on kobe.

Kobe game 7 2006 = Lebron game 5 2010

If you want to call Lebron a choke and quitter and all that your going to have to call Kobe the same thing.

They took a similar approach to the 2nd half in those games and Kobe was even more passive than Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33

If you want to call Lebron a choke and quitter and all that your going to have to call Kobe the same thing.

They took a similar approach to the 2nd half in those games and Kobe was even more passive than Lebron.
    Lebron lost because of lockdown D...

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Coach Jackson specifically told him to pass the ball.

Yes. But there's more to being a playmaker than just passing. Kobe has shown to be able to be an effective playmaker when he attacks and then distributes. There's a difference between that and just giving the ball up and standing at the 3 point line waiting to see what happens.

The plan was to give Smush the ball and attack Nash. They tried it, it had no affect, the suns started hitting easy buckets and threes very quickly and then the game was completely out of reach. There was nothing Kobe could've done to get them back in the game.
    There was nothing Kobe could have done in an entire half of basketball? He had already taken the lakers to a game 7 against a title contender and one of the favorites to win the west. Kobe quit, just like he did in game 6 against Boston.

Kobe didn't come out of the get go NOT shooting at all like Lebron game 5. He scored 23 on 50% shooting in the first half and they were STILL down by 15. Nothing was going to work, Phoenix was just better. I'll say this, though.. Attempting only ONE shot in that second half was disappointing.
    Last edited by catch24; 05-16-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Kobe didn't come out of the getgo not shooting at all like Lebron game 5. He scored 23 on 50% shooting in the first half and they were STILL down by 15. Nothing was going to work, Phoenix was just better.
    dont even waste your time the haters need something to hold on to and they cant even use this season anymore since kobe is on his way to #5

Banned

this is how u know someone is a joke: kobe scores 23 pts in a half, lebron scores 15 pts in the game. Kobe was more passive. i wont even waste my time i just had to point this out

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    this is how u know someone is a joke: kobe scores 23 pts in a half, lebron scores 15 pts in the game. Kobe was more passive. i wont even waste my time i just had to point this out
    Notice how I put 2nd half.

READ

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Kobe didn't come out of the get go NOT shooting at all like Lebron game 5. He scored 23 on 50% shooting in the first half and they were STILL down by 15. Nothing was going to work, Phoenix was just better. I'll say this, though.. Attempting only ONE shot in that second half was disappointing.
    OK, let me get this straight: the same kobe that wouldn't stop shooting ALL SEASON LONG because he knew he could keep his team in games, the same guy who had that scoring streak and jacked up 81 just because he thought he could win games by himself, that same guy...quit in the second half because he thought there wasn't anything he could do for an entire half of basketball? Get. Real.

The guy knew that even if he beat PHX that his team wasn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs. He was tired of carrying those scrubs all season long, and knew the only way to get back to contending was to get players, and he made his point. He showed everybody with two eyes that without him, these guys weren't good enough. Instead of trying to help his team, he gave them rope and they hanged themselves. Why argue this? It worked. His team made moves, got him one of the most talented teams, and they won another ring. Why not admit what happened?
    Last edited by Showtime; 05-16-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Magic Johnson

Kobe didn't quit, but his demeanor from the second half onward was poor. He should have continued to fight; instead, he continued to defer to his teammates. It is what it is.

Don't bother arguing with the anti-Kobe posters. Most of them are crazy.

Local High School Star

Lol I laugh EVERYTIME Showtime posts. Dude is the SAME dude that PM'd a poster asking for his adress to go to his house, fly cross country and attempt to kill him. He's also the poster who left ISH for 3 months after getting laughed off the board for saying Kobe couldn't win 41 games with Chris Paul's cast. He's the ISH joke. Now watch him report my posts.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    OK, let me get this straight: the same kobe that wouldn't stop shooting ALL SEASON LONG because he knew he could keep his team in games, the same guy who had that scoring streak and jacked up 81 just because he thought he could win games by himself, that same guy...quit in the second half because he thought there wasn't anything he could do for an entire half of basketball? Get. Real.

The guy knew that even if he beat PHX that his team wasn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs. He was tired of carrying those scrubs all season long, and knew the only way to get back to contending was to get players, and he made his point. He showed everybody with two eyes that without him, these guys weren't good enough. Instead of trying to help his team, he gave them rope and they hanged themselves.
    Actually, had the Lakers won game 7 they would've had a shot at beating the Clippers. They matched up quite well with them.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Actually, had the Lakers won game 7 they would've had a shot at beating the Clippers. They matched up quite well with them.
    We wanted the Lakers and would have beat them

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime

The guy knew that even if he beat PHX that his team wasn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs. He was tired of carrying those scrubs all season long, and knew the only way to get back to contending was to get players, and he made his point. He showed everybody with two eyes that without him, these guys weren't good enough. Instead of trying to help his team, he gave them rope and they hanged themselves.
    Phil Jackson SPECIFICALLY told him to stop shooting the ball dude. I actually heard one of the players in the lockeroom also said they needed to move the ball around more. Play "team ball" (the name of that player was never disclosed). I'm done trying to convince anyone here. You're entitled to your opinion. I even thought Kobe could of been more aggressive in that second half.

When your team is still down by 15 when your star player scores 23pts while shooting 50%, its a question of defense. The whole team gave up especially Kobe. They deserved to lose that game...