Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Thorpe I think you can do that. I know I found it somewhere just after I finished the game. I'm at work now, so I can't tell you exactly where to find it, but I will have a look again when I get home tonight.

Thanks, that would be awesome. I'm itching to go back in level by level to find the few items I'm missing.

I also can't believe I don't have the trophy for opening all the shiv doors. I have to look that up too and find out where the hell it is.

So I beat my new game plus on normal last night. And in the process landed a ton of trophies. I was able to find unassisted, the last of the comic books I needed (it was two). I also found two training manuals. I do wonder if I had gotten one of them and lost it after an auto save. It's right in the tunnell just before you go into the hospital on the roof of a truck, and I know I had gotten it before. The second one was in a house just before the sniper up in the attic, and you have to send Ellie up, which I know full well I missed. Anyway, that got me the find all artifacts trophy, which I guess doesn't include Firefly Tags, because I'm still missing five of those. I got the trophy for unlocking, getting all thirteen shiv doors. Another one that I swore I did before, because none of them seemed new. I just wonder if I lost one on a reload somewhere. And I got the two trophies for upgrading Joel all the way, and upgrading all the weapons all the way.

I'm up to 136 of 141 items. Missing five tags. I did find out that you can load chapter to chapter. And not only that, they tell you how many items you found and how many are available in each chapter, so now I know where to go look up, and I can jump in and grab the few ramaining dog tags.

I'll have to beat it theoretically two more times on Survivor, once a regular game, and once +, and I'll probably be able to close out all the the single player trophies.

I may try to muscle through the multiplayer ones just to get the platinum, depending on how hard they are to get.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I just completed it a couple of days ago. It took me about 17 and half hours on normal

I finally bought the game today. I regret not buying it sooner. This thing is addicting. I'm 4 hours in, right around the part where [color=white]you meet Bill and he agrees to build a vehicle for you[/color]. This game is so damn amazing. It's been hard to stop playing it. It's damn near midnight and I'm still on it.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I finally bought the game today. I regret not buying it sooner. This thing is addicting. I'm 4 hours in, right around the part where [color=white]you meet Bill and he agrees to build a vehicle for you[/color]. This game is so damn amazing. It's been hard to stop playing it. It's damn near midnight and I'm still on it.

Been having a blasty blast with this game, just made it to where you meet up with Joel's brother.

You know a game is an instant classic when you're playing it and people who are nowhere near being gaming fans stop to watch for extended periods of time.

I borrowed it from a relative and started playing this yesterday. The environments are incredible. Only played like a half hour so haven't done anything significant yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz

IGN 10/10
    Machinima 10/10
    Destructoid 10/10
    Gamereactor 10/10
    Eurogamer 10/10
    Eurogamer IT 10/10
    Eurogamer Sp 10/10
    Edge 10/10
    CVG 10/10
    VideoGamer 10/10
    thesixaxis 10/10
    ibtimes 10/10
    PS-Lifestyle 10/10
    Digital Spy 10/10
    Digital Fix 10/10
    Post Arcade 10/10
    speciogames 10/10
    Gamingbolt 10/10
    Godisageek 10/10
    OPM 10/10
    Pushsquare 10/10
    PS-Nation 10/10
    Giantbomb 5/5
    Techdigest 5/5
    Gamesradar 5/5
    TheMirror 5/5
    Guardian 5/5
    Telegraph 5/5
    Gameblog 5/5
    CheatCodeCentral 5/5
    Adam Sessler 5/5
    jesus... so Ive slept on this game huh?

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    jesus... so Ive slept on this game huh?
    Yep.

I started playing the multiplayer online yesterday. It's pretty fun, but there are so many people who are already at level 50+ that it seems intimidating. Another thing is the crews. These guys all end up having mics and working together to win, while I play with random dudes who just run around throwing bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I borrowed it from a relative and started playing this yesterday. The environments are incredible. Only played like a half hour so haven't done anything significant yet.
    Up to Pittsburg now.

I don't think this is a spoiler, but either way...SPOILER!

What's the easiest way to kill the bloaters? I caught the one in Bill's city and unloaded my shotgun at its head. Finally took aim with my revolver at the head and killed it. I'm guessing I significantly weakened it with the gunshot? Wish those had a health bar lol.

I'm at the building that's full of hunters and kept getting spotted in no time at all. I'll try again later this week.

I must say, the AI characters with you are annoying as hell. I was hiding behind the school bus in Bill's city and he bumps into me pushing me out far enough that the runners saw me. Grr.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 07-15-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    What's the easiest way to kill the bloaters? I caught the one in Bill's city and unloaded my shotgun at its head. Finally took aim with my revolver at the head and killed it. I'm guessing I significantly weakened it with the gunshot? Wish those had a health bar lol.
    Molotovs and nail bombs. I think there's only 1 or 2 more bloaters you have to kill though. You can just sneak by them in most cases.

Yeah, the molotovs work really well. When he's burning he'll flail around some and you can get a few pops off with whatever you're most high powered gun is, the rifle probably, although it reloads really slow.

In fact, I think at that first bloater, at least on normal, they have a molotov sitting on the table when you first walk in, as kind of a givaway.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

41 perfect scores, from 95 total reviews.
    Officially becomes the 2nd leading game in HISTORY (behind GTA 4) to receive the most perfect scores. It is also 3rd all-time metacritic in user reviews with a whooping 9.1 user rating (only second to Half-Life 2 & Baldur Gate's 2: tied with Zelda: Ocarina of Time).

Holy hell; just for comparison sakes, GTA 4 has a 7.9 gamer review.
    This is definitely the game of the current generation; in my opinion the best game ever crafted. I like how I can play this game again and the AI is totally different; therefoer you can never use just one strategy, makes the game have a lasting appeal.