Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

Default Re: Lance Stephenson

lANCE IS MY BOYY!!!

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Thats why you aren't, Do you remember Derrick Rose?
    I remember saying Derrick Rose is not a good pick and roll guard. He still isn't.

I remember saying Rose isn't a legit outside shooting threat. He still isn't.

I remember saying Rose would average 13 points and 4 assists as a rookie. He averaged 17 and 7.

So yes, I was off by 4 points and 3 assists. The rest of the stuff I said is completely valid still.

Plus if I asked you to you could not find a single quote of me saying Rose sucks or will be a bust. I was not, and still am not, sold on Derrick Rose becoming a star point guard. Rose's ability is too tied to his athleticism for me to believe that it will turn out the way people think.

Actually that happens a lot for a player thrust into a Point Forward role espescially one in Lance's case who did not play in a system that featured him but rather Lance was the system at Lincoln.

He became the system early on at abou 14 almost immediately when he came there, so to expect a 19 year old guy to look like a seasoned veteran mastering an offensive scheme that revolves entirely around him is pretty laughable.
    Lance Stephenson's position and the Lincoln offense has little to do with what I'm talking about. Stephenson simply plays in a very immature/selfish manner and clearly isn't always paying attention. The crappiness of Tiny Morton's offensive gameplan has little to do with Stephenson screaming at teammates and opponents. That is all on Stephenson's shoulders.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

padgett is excluded...he's avg too.dont let the UM scholarship fool you.i think he got that cuz they thought it wud entice lance.neway,its funny how ole boy said lance wudnt pass the ball yet he has arguably the best court vision in the entire class.bottom line is,ppl need to get off that pass first pg mentality. the person on your team who is the best scorer should be the one shooting the ball the most....period.you dont get any more or less points because some1 of a different position shoots it.o yea n i played pg in NYC starting point to so that excludes me from the nerd steroetype also.

Thats ironic considering Lance doesn't know you but you have had contact with him, yet dislike him personally.

My post count is irrelevant, I dont post 100 times a day.

I played HS Basketball, and I understand the knock Lance is getting because hes a star player with a team full of average NYC ballers other than Padgett. The entire premise of the offense is to give Lance the ball and get out of his way, and let him involve you if he sees you open. But why kick it out to some guy wide open on the perimeter if he cant make the shot?

People consider that being a ballhog, and obviously he'll have to adjust accordingly at some point in the NBA or he'll end up out of the league or struggling when the offense doesnt revolve around him.

first did I ever say I had contact with lance? No. My cousin is in the same class as he is and he got a ****ty attitude.

Second you definatly should not be calling anyone a computer nerd when you have 11,000+ posts and you're here defending a person that you don't even know like that.

Once again I like lance's game, but his attitude is going to get him nowhere, trust me I lived in Brooklyn for a long time and people like him make a lot of mistakes like he is doing already. But hey who am I to stop you from supporting him, your a good fan of his.

By the way about the ballhog thing. Like you said earlier if he doesn't learn to pass the ball he most likely won't even get drafted.

Good college starter

He's going to do the right thing. He's coming back for his sophomore season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hi...llege_try.html

Root Of All Evil

Da KO King and his maneuvering of his intial albeit dreadfully wrong opinions on Derrick Rose. Shrugging off 4 points and 3 assists like he wasn't far off ...

4 points and 3 assists per game difference makes him a completely different caliber of player.

Already a proven All Star, dude was dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Da KO King and his maneuvering of his intial albeit dreadfully wrong opinions on Derrick Rose. Shrugging off 4 points and 3 assists like he wasn't far off ...

4 points and 3 assists per game difference makes him a completely different caliber of player.

Already a proven All Star, dude was dead wrong.
    Shrug it off or acknowledged it while asking is it truly that "far off?!"

Outside of missing out a stats guess what about my evaluation on Derrick Rose has been wrong? I'm seriously asking too. Don't type some random trash like I said he'd suck. I want you to actually look into it. You'll realize despite my wording I've NEVER been as down as Rose as you continue to tell yourself.

i used to really like lance but he became into a pre-madonna

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
    i used to really like lance but he became into a pre-madonna
    I think the complete opposite. If anything he's shed a bit of that primadonna ego, he's seemed pretty coachable at Cinci.

Anyway, there were reports he's staying at Cinci for his soph seasons a month or so ago but I don't think any of them actually quoted him.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I think the complete opposite. If anything he's shed a bit of that primadonna ego, he's seemed pretty coachable at Cinci.

Anyway, there were reports he's staying at Cinci for his soph seasons a month or so ago but I don't think any of them actually quoted him.
    Stephenson doesn't have much choice. There was pretty much no chance of him going in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Stephenson doesn't have much choice. There was pretty much no chance of him going in the first round.
    So of course Stenphenson declares for the Draft. Hopefully he doesn't hire an agent.

Good college starter

So of course Stenphenson declares for the Draft. Hopefully he doesn't hire an agent.
    Damn you beat me to it lol.

I say its 50-50 that he will go pro.

I think he will go pro because he has a little girl and wants to take care of his family.

The reason I think he will stay iun school is because his game needs a bit more polish to it.

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Damn you beat me to it lol.

I say its 50-50 that he will go pro.

I think he will go pro because he has a little girl and wants to take care of his family.

The reason I think he will stay iun school is because his game needs a bit more polish to it.
    I was just told that Stephenson actually already has an agent.

Good college starter

I was just told that Stephenson actually already has an agent.
    Yep. I heard it on Sportcenters.

This is hands down one of the worst early entry decisions I can remember. It would take miracle caliber workouts for Stephenson to become a guaranteed first rounder.