Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 125259606162636465 ... LastLast

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

I am still on the side of him staying. He could become so much better in the post.

The fellas lose to Marquette. Lamb drops 19pts. AD drops in 7 pts. Rough season for the fellas. Too many silly fouls, rushed shots, and no leadership.

Holy Smokes!!! In a rare moment of wt????? The Lady Huskies lose to St. John's The Lady Red Storm forced us into many turn overs and the game was close all the way to the end, with St. John winning 57-56. St. John wins on a three pointer.

This loss hurts because the women's program at UConn had the chance, with a win, to have won 100 straight home games. As it ends, we have won 99 in a row at home. Tough loss but it is ok. We will bounce back.

Go, Huskies!!

Shabazz and I are on the same page. Watching the game yesterday, and many games this season, it looks like a lot of players are giving up on the team. I am not going to question their "heart". But it looks like some of the players are thinking about the NBA and not the moment.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...,2987016.story

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Huskies have to make a surge now.

Glad to see coach Calhoun recovering. I hope all goes well and look forward to seeing him on the sideline this weekend.

Tough week, weekend, for Husky Nation. The fellas lose to Providence and Syracuse. The Syracuse loss I can deal with. Top five team in the nation, great defense, strong players, and a great coach. So I can deal with that loss. The Providence loss, now that hurts. What the heck were we thinking? Up 17 points and we let a 3-13 team beat us. No excuses. And I know that coach Calhoun was probably a bear to deal with while listening to the game. Actually I gotta give his wife props. Dealing with a rough season, and knowing how coach can be, my prayers are with Mrs. Calhoun. Wow.

On to the Lady Huskies. Man. We are in 3rd place in the Big East....not good. We did not put up a fight against the Lady Irish on Monday. But we have the Big East tourney coming up, a chance to redeem ourselves. We just have to find, like the fellas, some leadership on the floor. But we will be ok. We are the Huskies!! We will bounce back.

Go, Huskies!!

Class of 2003 repping.

Always good to see UConn lose to the black :)

Book 'em Dan'l

their Big East run at the moment looks eeriely like last year's run. Last year they won the national championship. Can they do it again?

I think we will do just fine in March Madness, i'm not hoping for the title but i think we will make a good run.
    Cuse is an excellent team, and it was a tough match for them to beat us .. Just like 1 month ago.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I think we will do just fine in March Madness, i'm not hoping for the title but i think we will make a good run.
    Cuse is an excellent team, and it was a tough match for them to beat us .. Just like 1 month ago.
    Didn't get to see the game how did we look? I had to play golf on this beautiful day in Connecticut.

Book 'em Dan'l

tough loss. it's going to be real close for uconn. 20-13 isn't a guarantee these days. they'll be lucky to get a 9 seed at best

Quote Originally Posted by jazz873
    Didn't get to see the game how did we look? I had to play golf on this beautiful day in Connecticut.
    It was a very strange game.
    Cuse started better but then the game was always at 6 or 8 points difference.
    Then we did a great push with Nappier, Drummond and Lamb scoring but mainly playing good D and we had a 8 point lead .. Then Lamb disapeared totally, bad shot selection lead to Cuse to win.

Well we are in, both teams, that is. Where we end up, nobody knows. The women's program will have an interesting post season. The fellas... We can play with anybody. The problem is our focus. Good luck to both programs.

Is andre staying?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

Is andre staying?
    both him and lamb left. great