Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Andre Miller A.K.A. Richard Pryor The Most Underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Sucks Clipper fans view him like this but I can understand why. Seems to be the complete opposite for every other franchise tho, and people around the NBA. I actually don't even like him all that much and hated him alot of the year. Dude plays with tons of heart tho ... actually played some of this year with a dislocated shoulder or something like that. Had the padding on and everything.
    I can respect his game, but I will never respect him as a player. He IS one of the leagues most underrated point guards, is a composed veteran and has seemingly been a better leader recently. He's up there with Billups, Cassell, Baron, etc. in the post for point guards and is deceptively quick and strong.

Miller reminds me a lot of Brad Miller and Sam Cassell in other ways as well. People would generally be a fan if he's on their team, hate him when he plays against their team, but be forgotten years after he retires.

7-time NBA All-Star

I don't think of him in terms of all time great guards simply since he didn't peak high enough, or even rank high enough during his prime.

But he has been one of the most underrated PG since his Cleveland days, though he was a disappointment with the Clippers. He was an NBA ready guard in his rookie year. Other than that, he's helped every team he's played for. The Clippers were just a huge disappointment in the early 00's, whether it was injuries, bad trades, busts ect. They did have quite a bit of young talent, and they showed some promise of improving during that stretch, even competed for a playoff spot well into the '02 season.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Sucks Clipper fans view him like this but I can understand why. Seems to be the complete opposite for every other franchise tho, and people around the NBA. I actually don't even like him all that much and hated him alot of the year. Dude plays with tons of heart tho ... actually played some of this year with a dislocated shoulder or something like that. Had the padding on and everything.
    His toughness is his defining characteristic. I liked him BEFORE he screwed over the Clippers.

Ya 'Dre really seems to hate himself some B.Griffin. Knocking him over like a bowling pin than hating on him in the media.

Maybe the dude just hates the Clippers in general
    Which is uncool. We get it... he's a cocky rookie. But blasting him in the media THAT much? It's like dude fu**ing calm down. Just added fuel to the already existing beef between him and Clippers fans.

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I've hated him since that. We traded a promising piece in Darius Miles for a guy who from day 1 had a bad attitude about playing for the Clippers and threw in the towel. Then he badmouth the franchise on multiple occasions. As I said he can eat a dick. He's easily the most hated Clipper of all time right next to Elton Brand. It's sad because I molded my game after his and LOVED him. I thought he was going to be a savior of sorts for us. He let me and Clippers fans down in a heartless way.

D-Miles was always hella overrated who only wanted to butt buddy with Q-Rich. He was taking the Clippers nowhere

Funny how Cleveland traded him and he still showed no promise

And around the time the organization was being bad mouth not only by him as a player it had the reputation for not being a well ran. You could say it woke the organization up going forward and that's when things started to change. Cassell bitched about his contract the whole time there and not making it as an All-Star but he couldn't do anything about it because he wasn't a free agent had he been one he would have high tailed it outta there too.

I mean Odom/Brand both begged publicly for their contracts not to be matched around the same time.... it doesn't get anymore busch league than that. They retain Brand only to let him do it again several yrs later except left high and dry

You act like Miller was the only bad apple in that wickity wack bunch. The whole team was selfish because the organization was poorly ran and unprofessional.
    Last edited by TheBluest; 05-09-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest

And around the time the organization was being bad mouth not only by him as a player it had the reputation for not being a well ran organization. You could say it woke the organization up going forward and that's when things started to change. Cassell bitched about his contract the whole time there and not making it as an All-Star but he couldn't do anything about it because he wasn't a free agent had he been one he would have high tailed it outta there too.
    Really. Is that why Cassell signed a 2-year extension with the Clippers when he became a free agent, as an unrestricted free agent?

I mean Odom/Brand both begged publicly for their contracts not to be matched around the same time.... it doesn't get anymore busch league than that. They retain Brand only to let him do it again several yrs later except left high and dry

You act like Miller was the only bad apple in that wickity wack bunch. The whole team was selfish because the organization was poorly ran and unprofessional.
    Odom was a key bench player and Brand has stink it up since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest

D-Miles was always hella overrated who only wanted to butt buddy with Q-Rich. He was taking the Clippers nowhere

Funny how Cleveland traded him and he still showed no promise

And around the time the organization was being bad mouth not only by him as a player it had the reputation for not being a well ran. You could say it woke the organization up going forward and that's when things started to change. Cassell bitched about his contract the whole time there and not making it as an All-Star but he couldn't do anything about it because he wasn't a free agent had he been one he would have high tailed it outta there too.

Darius Miles best seasons came in Portland actually AFTER Cleveland. Who knows... had he not been traded maybe he doesn't get a serious injury? Never know. Besides his energy and hustle as a 6th man had a big impact compared to Miller who gave 10 percent effort in his time here.

Clippers were improving every year and a borderline playoff team so not sure what you're talking about. Bullshit on the Cassell situation. He was happy to arrive http://articles.latimes.com/2005/aug.../sp-clippers25

and was never an issue. He actually loved it here. The Clippers extended him 2 years. The only reason the Clippers actually traded him to Boston was to give him a shot at a ring before he retired (which was really surprisingly kind of Sterling). He loves the Clippers for that. After retiring he wanted to return as a coach and still roots for us and goes to Clippers games.

Odom much like Miller had a shit attitude and work ethic and didn't do what he was drafted to do. Clippers fans were happy to let that douche go.

John Wall even said recently that Sam Cassell always talks about how great his Clippers experience was and brags about their playoff run.

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

My bad I forgot 2SS 2LL had a stop in Sota and from there to Clippers is where his complaining surfaced by 2005-2006 the organization was on the upswing for short while...but the whole 2002 crew was near Tyrus Thomas shortbus status.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    he was a disappointment with the Clippers. He was an NBA ready guard in his rookie year. Other than that, he's helped every team he's played for. The Clippers were just a huge disappointment in the early 00's, whether it was injuries, bad trades, busts ect. They did have quite a bit of young talent, and they showed some promise of improving during that stretch, even competed for a playoff spot well into the '02 season.
    His only bad year. Speaks more of that franchise than anything I'd think.

you're kind of late.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

I've hated him since that. We traded a promising piece in Darius Miles for a guy who from day 1 had a bad attitude about playing for the Clippers and threw in the towel. Then he badmouth the franchise on multiple occasions. As I said he can eat a dick. He's easily the most hated Clipper of all time right next to Elton Brand. It's sad because I molded my game after his and LOVED him. I thought he was going to be a savior of sorts for us. He let me and Clippers fans down in a heartless way.
    When a bad trade happen, you should hate the organization and not the player. It's the GM who made the mistake to trade D-Miles for Dre

What I love about Andre Miller is that he's the living evidence that this game is still not totally at the mercy of athletic monsters

best lob passer in the league

**** Miller. Hope he breaks a leg.
    That's really nice of you, but I didn't know Miller was an actor?