Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why does America get involved in other countries problems..

.. without actually understanding the situation? And I'm not an american hater or anything, I just think its something that needs to be asked. Whenever there is a conflict in a country, or between two countries, America just runs in either -

- Helps the guy thats losing, to make themselves look better to the rest of the world.

- Help the enemies of someone they have been trying to get rid of for awhile (e.g. gaddafi), while simultaneously making this person and their government look as bad as possible.

- Feed the american people with fears and lies until the people insist they go over there and stop these evil guys.

- Get involved without actually distinguising between the sides and what each stands for.

- Gets involved in other peoples fights when the needs of americans are right in front of them and being ignored.

All of the reasons above are up for discussion, btw, if you guys want to disagree. This isn't a patriotism thing, since the english government is just as bad.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Why does America get involved in other countries problems..

many reasons...both good and bad

I am reminded of an article that I read a long time ago about why some of the people of Iraq hate Americans for removing Saddam, and to my surprise one of the major reasons was because WE DIDN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!...They felt as though we just sat back and did nothing for too long.

A lot of people have the misconspetion that our help is never wanted...not true at all

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    .. without actually understanding the situation? And I'm not an american hater or anything, I just think its something that needs to be asked. Whenever there is a conflict in a country, or between two countries, America just runs in either -

- Helps the guy thats losing, to make themselves look better to the rest of the world.

- Help the enemies of someone they have been trying to get rid of for awhile (e.g. gaddafi), while simultaneously making this person and their government look as bad as possible.

- Feed the american people with fears and lies until the people insist they go over there and stop these evil guys.

- Get involved without actually distinguising between the sides and what each stands for.

- Gets involved in other peoples fights when the needs of americans are right in front of them and being ignored.

All of the reasons above are up for discussion, btw, if you guys want to disagree. This isn't a patriotism thing, since the english government is just as bad.
    Who is good? Which countries that are large don't get involved? I'm sure some smaller don't, but bigger?

Banned

If America gets involved, it's not their business, everyone whines and bitches.

If America doesn't get involved, everyone whines and moans because it is our job to protect the world.
    (See sudan, Kony, and other situations like that)

No matter what we do, we lose, and people will whine and moan.

Dumbasses from shitty countries just like to moan about America when they got nothing better to do.

NBA Superstar

because we supposedly represent democracy, and push for that cause all over the world. there is this belief that democracy deters extremism/fundamentalists, altho i don't know how they came up with that idea or why nobody questions it since it didn't help our cause in Pakistan, or even Egypts recent vote.

the other reason is we're asked/expected to by the world. we're like every countries parent when the shit hits the fan, we're the ones they ask to help them if they're being oppressed. obviously we're the main superpower in the world today, so everyone asks/expects of us a lot more than any other country.

and personally i don't agree with us getting involved in most things we do, sad thing is both main parties politicians push us to. Republicans are worse tho, between Mccain wanting us to get involved in every issue around the world, and the GOP guilt trip now that Democrats aren't friends of Israel, where they seem itching to want us to go to war with Iran, they're easily the war party. its funny how people turn it on to Obama for inheriting the wars they started too, its just such propaganda and BS spinning/weaving. a war monger does not inherit wars, they start them, and its so stupid to me how people can't see that distinction

anyways, i think more often than not we're criticized too much from foreigners. they think we're just attacking people or getting involved in stuff for no reason when in reality we're being asked/expected to....

Countries are like women, they dont know what they want.. they just know something is wrong and someone needs to fix it.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Why does America get involved? Because they get asked to get involved. Whether its the UN, NATO, or individual countries (See the most recent incident with Turkey and Syria where Syria shot down a Turkish jet. Turkey literally got Hillary Clinton on the phone and told her to do something about it. NATO was supposed to meet today, I think.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    If America gets involved, it's not their business, everyone whines and bitches.

If America doesn't get involved, everyone whines and moans because it is our job to protect the world.
    (See sudan, Kony, and other situations like that)

No matter what we do, we lose, and people will whine and moan.

Dumbasses from shitty countries just like to moan about America when they got nothing better to do.
    Spot on

Americans, never underestimate how clueless they are

Nick Young has a valid point. We've made some blunders but we're always expected to come to the rescue (Haiti, Japan, etc.). Do we tend to spend the most resources where our interests are most at stake? Of course. And so does any other country with any resources.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Americans, never underestimate how clueless they are

about what? i'd love for you to be more specific but i'm assuming you're being cryptic on purpose so you wouldn't have to be held accountable to knowing what you're talking about

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    because we supposedly represent democracy, and push for that cause all over the world.
    WE?
    You're korean..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Nick Young has a valid point. We've made some blunders but we're always expected to come to the rescue (Haiti, Japan, etc.). Do we tend to spend the most resources where our interests are most at stake? Of course. And so does any other country with any resources.
    Exactly-if we gave no money to those countries it would be "Why isn't America doing their duty and giving aide to Haiti and Japan?"

Euros just like blaming America for every problem that happens in the world.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

We do get involved because we are expected to. This much is true.

However the main reason we get involved is because we have interests everywhere. If something is threatening that interest we'll make a move.