Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Portland Offers Roy Hibbert Max Deal

Sam Amick reporting that Neil Olshey offered Hibbert the max deal tonight. Obviously Pacers will match but wow. Dude only made an all star team last year because Horford was out and Pacers had a great improvement. 13 ppg, 9 rpg is not max money and he hasn't really improved as a pro very much.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 07-01-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Portland Offers Roy Hibbert Max Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Sam Amick reporting that Neil Olshey offered Hibbert the max deal tonight. Obviously Pacers will match but wow. Dude only made an all star team last year because Horford was out and Pacers had a great improvement. 15.5 ppg, 10.5 rpg is not max money and he hasn't really improved as a pro. Statistically over 4 seasons he's actually regressed.

Can only imagine what McGee, Asik, etc will get

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

When will this trend of overpaying centers and big men in general stop? This is really dumb. Max deal for a guy that wouldn't be able to carry a team by himself?

Banned

Clippers swept in second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks

Can only imagine what McGee, Asik, etc will get
    I mean we know DeAndre and other bigs got overpaid bad... but damn man. Max deal for not even all star caliber center (if Horford was healthy as I said he wouldn't have made it). I agree though bigs are overpaid as fu**.

Sam Amick reporting that Neil Olshey offered Hibbert the max deal tonight. Obviously Pacers will match but wow. Dude only made an all star team last year because Horford was out and Pacers had a great improvement. 15.5 ppg, 10.5 rpg is not max money and he hasn't really improved as a pro. Statistically over 4 seasons he's actually regressed.
    please explain to me how he's regressed statistically over his 4 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    please explain to me how he's regressed statistically over his 4 seasons
    Career low in almost every statistic last year. His first season was arguably his best. You figure it out . At worst he's stayed the same which doesn't sound like a young player you give a max deal to if he's already not a true all star caliber player to begin with. I group him with borderline all star caliber players like Rudy Gay etc.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Wow indiana will match but still ridiculous money.

he's the best big on the market so it's no surprise he was going to get offered a max contract. quit looking at inflated per 36 numbers. hasn't improved as a pro? so becoming more polished in the post means nothing? his playoff numbers: 11.7 points, 11.2 rebounds and 3.1 blocks. he also commanded a ton of doubles this past year.

he's not a max level guy in a vacuum but it's the market that dictates the price and he's arguably the 3rd best FA on the market. bigs are a commodity these days and in general the top 2-3 FAs get offered a max deal just about every year, even if it's not warranted.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 07-01-2012 at 04:01 AM.

I rep Lakers!

And these will be the same owners yelling small markets can't compete

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    he's the best big on the market so it's no surprise he was going to get offered a max contract. quit looking at inflated per 36 numbers. hasn't improved as a pro? so becoming more polished in the post means nothing? his playoff numbers: 11.7 points, 11.2 rebounds and 3.1 blocks. he also commanded a ton of doubles this past year.
    Didn't use PER 36 at all. Yea.. he's added more polish but what's the value on that if his raw production is the same or lower? Bottom line is dude isn't a legit all star therefor he CAN'T be worth max money . Nothing to argue. I agree he draws doubles and is a very nice player but the bottom line here is MAX player. I think maybe 10-15 players tops in the NBA are worth max money at any given time. Hibbert is nowhere near a marketable player, nor a top 20 talent so it doesn't fit.

Career low in almost every statistic last year. His first season was arguably his best. You figure it out . At worst he's stayed the same which doesn't sound like a young player you give a max deal to if he's already not a true all star caliber player to begin with. I group him with borderline all star caliber players like Rudy Gay etc.
    i guess you're looking at per 36 stats. fair enough, but last season was clearly his best. he was a game changing player and, as usual, stats don't tell the whole story. it's like saying blake griffin regressed last season because his stats weren't quite as good as his rookie season when he was clearly at least a bit better

Banned

I mean we know DeAndre and other bigs got overpaid bad... but damn man. Max deal for not even all star caliber center (if Horford was healthy as I said he wouldn't have made it). I agree though bigs are overpaid as fu**.
    DeAndre's contract is bad, but he didn't get wildy overpaid and got his money because of the lack of big men but also because of the potential/improvement he showed. Unlikely, but he could develop and earn his money.

I just don't see that with Hibbert, shouldn't have been an all star. No way he could ever earn it, but damn Blazers. I know they are dying for a big man to pair with LMA but a contract like this could cripple the organisation for years.

Indiana are screwed either way The Blazers will have a crazy front court though

Banned

They aren't planning to re-sign JJ Hickson?