Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why did everything start?

I understand the big bang and all of that, but how did all the galaxies come into play, how did everything become what it is today, and why and what caused it (I guess this is more the why)? What was before the big bang, and what started that reality?

Again this is not a human-centric question, we are a mere spec of bacteria on a grain of sand in a dust storm, my question is how did everything, all the galaxies come to be. I know the big bang is the mechanism for what we see now, but what fostered that, what went on before, what are the outer limits (or is everything on a perpetual ellipsoid, and if it is on an ellipsoid what is outside of that?).

Why does anything exist really?

I am somewhat brain-boggled.

Default Re: Why did everything start?

Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    I understand the big bang and all of that, but how did all the galaxies come into play, how did everything become what it is today, and why and what caused it (I guess this is more the why)? What was before the big bang, and what started that reality?

Again this is not a human-centric question, we are a mere spec of bacteria on a grain of sand in a dust storm, my question is how did everything, all the galaxies come to be. I know the big bang is the mechanism for what we see now, but what fostered that, what went on before, what are the outer limits (or is everything on a perpetual ellipsoid, and if it is on an ellipsoid what is outside of that?).

Kant devised 2 reasoning on time:

1. If the universe had a beginning, then there would be an infinite set of beginnings before it.

2. If it had no beginning, it would be infinite in and of itself.

The big bang theory is just nothing more than a narrow view of the universe; I'm pretty sure once they figure out the science of it, they'll start questioning what lead to it .. then what lead to that .. and so on and so forth.

Kant is right
    ; Stephen Hawking is nothing more than a handicap who can't see the bigger picture.

Since time didn't exist before the big bang, nothing existed. No one really knows what happened before that point. I think all we know is that the universe is expanding so there had to be a start (big bang). No one really knows. My theory is that our minds are might not be capable of understanding. The great thing about science is that it will always search for that answer.

When I say incapable, I mean like how a animal doesn't understand how a computer works but can still see it work. It has no f*cking idea how the software works or about atomic particles and electricity.
    Last edited by RoseCity07; 02-14-2014 at 02:14 AM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

They have a picture of the beginning of the universe..can't find it doe

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan

Basically nobody knows. The Big Bang explains what we're seeing today, but we have no clue about the moment before everything started to expand. So the best explanation is probably

Dr Hee,

You are my biggest troll and yet you won't ever engage me in a full on intellectual debate. This proves 2 things:

1. I am bothering you in some sort of way: the theories I set forth is too hard for your elementary mind to comprehend.

2. You are simply too stupid to fight back from an intellectual standpoint, hence why you are trolling to reaffirm your belief system.

Take me on homeboy; that's all I ask. Pound for pound, you won't win. As is, copping out and trolling is nothing more than a desperate attempt at making your beliefs relevant.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Clearly due to evolution and global warming.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    My theory is that our minds are might not be capable of understanding. The great thing about science is that it will always search for that answer.

When I say incapable, I mean like how a animal doesn't understand how a computer works but can still see it work. It has no f*cking idea how the software works or about atomic particles and electricity.
    What makes you say that? Just because humans don't have the full picture now doesn't mean we won't eventually. Scientists just proved the standard model is correct after proving the existence of the until recently hypothetical 'god particle'. It was just announced that they are building an even more powerful collider that will give more insight into subatomic particle structure, function, etc.

We now have a clearer picture of the big bang, particle physics, etc. It's no longer just theoretical. It's not like the scientists working on solving these puzzles are dogs looking at computers... they built the colliders, satellites, etc.

And there are plenty of people studying what happened before the big bang. The BBC had a great documentary about M theory/parallel universes. Here's a snippet (The whole thing is online somewhere, don't feel like looking for it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQvu4NygAc

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Clearly due to evolution and global warming.
    Agree. Also...

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    And there are plenty of people studying what happened before the big bang. The BBC had a great documentary about M theory/parallel universes. Here's a snippet (The whole thing is online somewhere, don't feel like looking for it)
    While I absolutely admire people who are smart enough to deal with that stuff, it gets a bit murky to me if theoretical physics is stepping into realms where it's getting more and more problematic to empirically test a hypothesis. I know there have been some suggestions of clues pointing towards the existence of other universes based on some anomalies (that's how the word is pronounced btw...looking at you, Rambo!) in the cosmic microwave background, but it's kinda shaky as far as I've read.

Watch some Vsauce bro

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    While I absolutely admire people who are smart enough to deal with that stuff, it gets a bit murky to me if theoretical physics is stepping into realms where it's getting more and more problematic to empirically test a hypothesis. I know there have been some suggestions of clues pointing towards the existence of other universes based on some anomalies (that's how the word is pronounced btw...looking at you, Rambo!) in the cosmic microwave background, but it's kinda shaky as far as I've read.

You're improving Hee; keep making posts like these, so you won't sound so f*ckin stupid, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

You're improving Hee; keep making posts like these, so you won't sound so f*ckin stupid, thanks.
    You're welcome. Did you learn how to spell "anomaly" by now? Might be useful the next time you're telling us crispy cream donuts are actually alien spacecraft. Or are you busy right now being alpha by playing on your PS4?