Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Awesome!

Da Mavs

The trailer looks really good, am liking these dark superhero films from Nolan. Can't wait

i dont know why everyone is anti snyder, the guy is a total loose canon you dont know what you are gonna get with him, thats what makes him interesting. he directed watchmen which is arguably the best comic book film of all imo. he has done some utter garbage but this effort looks distinctly low key and no doubt nolan has reigned him in. will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    i dont know why everyone is anti snyder, the guy is a total loose canon you dont know what you are gonna get with him, thats what makes him interesting. he directed watchmen which is arguably the best comic book film of all imo. he has done some utter garbage but this effort looks distinctly low key and no doubt nolan has reigned him in. will be interesting to see how this turns out.
    I never got into Watchmen. Solid but far from the best IMO. I actually liked Kickass far more even as a straight superhero movie.

The director of batman?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    The director of batman?
    Yup.

Growing up where comic books culture was almost non-existent and my only exposure to comics where via watching the animation series and a movie or two here and there the only comic series that intrigued me was Batman because pretty much all the villains were/are crazy mental mofos with sick appetites. Now years later as an adult I still find Batman (along with V) the only compelling comic series and one that does not feel extremely cheesy or that it has been written for kids. I just can't imagine myself as an adult still being a fan of the Incredible Hulk for instance or say that I'm a Superman fan with a straight face, it's just too juvenile for my taste. But maybe that's because comic books were never big where I grew up.

I think Superman is being severely underrated here as a character. Everybody is making him out to be this perfect, boring character. That just isn't the case; there is a lot that goes into his character and his struggles to integrate into this world (Earth) while trying to figure out his history (where he comes from, who his family is, why was he sent here, was he for good or evil, etc etc). I am definitely looking forward to this movie. I don't have any expectations going into it (same with the Batman movies), so I will just see what comes out and make my judgement after I have seen it.

To argue the DC vs Marvel thing:

The Batman trilogy, IMO, is the best of any comic-book movies I have seen overall. No, I'm not saying they are the most entertaining or interesting (That is purely subjective). Just from a straight evaluation of the story, cast, feel, writing, directing, etc (Which can be evaluated fairly objectively). I can agree that Iron Man gives them a run for their money because the cast of those movies are pretty damn good too. They are just entirely different in feel and are designed to be more light (in feel). The Batman movies weigh you down (in a good way) with how deep and emotional they are. However, I completely disagree that the last Spider-Man trilogy is anywhere close to Batman, Iron Man, or even the new Spider-Man movie that recently came out. Avengers was real good and falls in line with the Iron Man type of feel and setting, which makes sense. I think the characters of DC just lend themselves to being the type of movies that reflect what I was talking about with Batman in comparison to Marvel. It doesn't make Marvel inferior; just means that it is different and will not get the critical praise that movies like this Batman trilogy gets. I love the Marvel movies and I get excited as Hell for them. Can't wait for Avengers II or Iron Man III.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

I know that I'll probably enjoy 'MAN OF STEEL', but it won't be the same without Tom Welling..
    I'll just wait for the next Superman movie and will hope he gets the role next time.

Last edited by Faptastrophe; 07-23-2012 at 12:49 PM.

I just watched the teaser trailer for the first time. I got goosebumps. I've never been a Superman fan, but I've always wanted them to release something that would do it justice. Hopefully this totally new reboot from Nolan (as producer) will do what he did for Batman, but with Superman. From the trailer music sounds like Zimmer is composing too, although I could be mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvOT6HJCmg
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-23-2012 at 11:02 PM.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    This is the first time that im actually interested in anything Superman related. I like the grounded type version that it seems they are going for. Hopefully the trailer delivers on its promise.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Zod comes to Earth in a space ship?

hmm...

I loved Superman 2 as a child even though today it is very corny...I hope this one doesn't upset me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    Zod comes to Earth in a space ship?

hmm...

I loved Superman 2 as a child even though today it is very corny...I hope this one doesn't upset me
    In the comic book world there have been varied amounts of Zod entrances into storylines. Although I doubt that it will help with peoples perception of how hes shown in this movie..lol

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar