View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 05:40 AM   #1
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Wallace For Chandler??

This trade makes you think a bit.

Quote:
In its speculation regarding five trades that need to happen before the upcoming February 19 trade deadline, Sports Illustrated mentioned Hornets center Tyson Chandler for Detroit Pistons' Rasheed Wallace. "Honestly, at this point in my career, I don't pay attention to it,'' Chandler said in his response to the speculation Monday. "I've only been involved in trade rumors once during my final year in Chicago. Once you start focusing on that stuff, you lose track on what you are trying to do. I don't even read newspapers or watch the sports channels.'' Chandler has another year remaining on his contract after this season before he can possibly opt of his contract and become a free agent in 2010. Wallace is in the final year of his contract with the Pistons. -- New Orleans Times-Picayune

I really like Chandler and have had the opportunity to meet him. He's a defensive minded guy who would fit in at Detroit. The problem I see with this trade is we need to somehow trade a small for a big. I know it's a difficult thing to do, but having any of our PF's starting next to Chandler isn't going to win us a championship any faster than any of our PF's starting next to Sheed. As much as Sheed can be a distraction, he is still needed. To win a championship, we need to put another very good big man next to him. We need a guy who will stay down low, rebound, and play D. If we had Chandler and Sheed, I would be happy. I would give up Rip in that Scenario. That would be a very very good starting 5 with a McDyess and a bunch of talented youngsters to make a deep bench. The team would be legit.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote