Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    With Kawhi Leonard hurt, how many players are going to even dress out tonight? Who's the 13th-15th guys on the roster that usually don't dress or are in the D-League?
    9 will dress.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

if the heat win easy today they basically got a week long+ rest

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    can we have a legends game? lets get bruce bowen, sean elliott and david robinson in uniform for tonight please. anybody besides bonner hoisting up 15 3s tonight
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping Carl Herrera and Cadillac Anderson are activated tonight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Stern and TNT can't be happy about this. Sounds very much like Pop picked the game he figured they were least likely to win and gave his guys a day off. Makes sense for the Spurs but the League picks teams to showcase on nights like this and doesn't want a starless team getting pounded by 30.

Pop picked this game because it's the last one of a very long road trip. Flying every day for 10 days straight takes a toll.

Pop is hilarious. I mean really how many other coaches could, or would do this? Now how many wouldn't get fired for it lol.

While on one hand this is a boss like move from Popovich we are all the losers here so dunno why everyone is bowing down.

I wanted to see an entertaining game between these 2 teams.

I do understand where Pop is coming from, though. I think he knows/realizes the odds of the Spurs winning tonight were very slim. His team is coming off this stretch of games:

@LAC (11/7)
    @Sac (11/9)
    @Por (11/10)
    @LAL (11/13)
    vsNYK (11/15)
    vsDen (11/17)
    vsLAC (11/19)
    @Bos (11/21)
    @Ind (11/23)
    @Tor (11/25)
    @Was (11/26)
    @Orl (11/28)
    @Mia (11/29)

An east coast and west coast road trip in about three weeks? And tonight would've been their fourth game in five days, and fifth game in seven days.

Forgot to add that this is the Heat's first game since I think Saturday.
    Last edited by KG215; 11-29-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    While on one hand this is a boss like move from Popovich we are all the losers here so dunno why everyone is bowing down.

I wanted to see an entertaining game between these 2 teams.

As a Spurs fan, I am happy. Not only do key players get rest after a very exhausting road trip, but now we get to see players like Patty Mills and Tiago Splitter get their shine. It's a win win.

Sucks for my fantasy team and sucks for those who bet on the game .

I get what they're doing and I understand that this means nothing in the long run, but this just feels wrong. What if they are 1 game out of a better playoff match up? Lets say the Heat have a rough night and only win by 1-10 points. We'll all be remembering this day.

It's one thing to sit one veteran, but to sit four of the best players on your team while you're already missing a starter is just trolling.

Danny Green is only 25 years old and has only played 49 minutes total over the last 100 + hours!

Wow. I understand what he's doing, but moves like this are just not positive for the game of basketball. And if there's nothing physically wrong with the players directly going into this game, he should've chosen to do it another night.

I don't even care if the Spurs have one of those nights and wins, the star power is what drives this league, it's what kicks up ratings, and puts fans in the seats, which pays their salaries.

I'll get over it though, as I was going to do some research, watch football and Scandal tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    How would you feel if every team did this on Xmas day games?
    depends on the intent. If a team played 7 games in 12 days and plays on Christmas than I really have no problem with them sitting out players. but if they have 4 days off and they do it then I wouldn't be okay with it.

Im sure fans who got tickets on Christmas wouldn't be too happy about it

Great, f*cking spurs ruined a good game.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Well as a Spurs fan I won't pretend I am not disappointed. I was rather looking forward to this game.

But as Pop said very well last time, he is not an entertainer, he is a competitor. His job isn't to make fans happy, it's to make his team win. You can't blame him for doing what's best for his team. If anything blame the NBA and the calendar.

Banned

It makes sense. Let MIA see the Spurs at full strength in the Finals. Why show all your cards in a meaningless regular seaon game?

I like that Pop is thinking ahead.

Wonder if stern is tempted to fine spurs..ha