Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    I don't think that type of guy cares too much about laws.
    Lol. This is extremely naive from your side.

So you think that having free availability of guns is not related to the US being the developed country with the most shootings?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Lol. This is extremely naive from your side.

So you think that having free availability of guns is not related to the US being the developed country with the most shootings?
    Hard to say. We had a fairly well known assault weapons ban for years, and I don't know what differences it made. knickscity would probably know more about gun violence in America though.
    Last edited by Scoooter; 07-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Hard to say. We had a fairly well known assault weapons ban for years, and I don't know what differences it made. knickscity would probably know more about gun violence in America though.
    I know for a fact anyone can get a gun with or without the laws made to qualify the buyer.

If you have money, and the right price, you can have any weapon you want.

When I first heard about the theater shooting I was shocked. It was like a movie script. Armed guy walks in and starts shooting at the people. Has something like that happened before ?
    Any news on why he did that ? I know the guy is probably crazy but even crazy people have motives.

I haven't seen the movie, but I was able to call a fellow associate from Denver and he informed me that there is a scene in the movie that makes a reference to Occupy Wall street.

That may have something to do with this.

Thanks to this clown, I gotta go to work today.

At least I have my choice of theater to babysit, and get to watch the movie for free.

I plan bringing the whole family to Loews on 34th.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity

At least I have my choice of theater to babysit, and get to watch the movie for free.

Wow you serious? That sucks.

I remember Sunrise Theatres in Green Acres used to be heavy with gang violence. It became like Airport check in to get in there. Not even exaggerrating. My friend had to remove his shoes before.

Anyway, I think we all can agree this guy is a nutcase and deserves to be punished. I'm not totally sure I agree with the death penalty but I have a problem with the fact that he'll be soaking up tax payer dollars. Hopefully, some inmate will make him their "soul mate". The judge should make him put his ***** in a cup of rubbing alcohol for an hour. If your depresseded... off yourself. Not everyone else. Scumbag

Yeah, the city isn't taking any chances on copycats.

From what I'm hearing, alot of other cities are beefing up their watch as well.

Dude is gonna survive long in jail, I'm positive of that.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity

That idiot was probably an isolated incident but you can never be too careful.
    Take care of yourself big guy

Quote Originally Posted by franchize

I remember Sunrise Theatres in Green Acres used to be heavy with gang violence. It became like Airport check in to get in there. Not even exaggerrating. My friend had to remove his shoes before.

Anyway, I think we all can agree this guy is a nutcase and deserves to be punished. I'm not totally sure I agree with the death penalty but I have a problem with the fact that he'll be soaking up tax payer dollars. Hopefully, some inmate will make him their "soul mate". The judge should make him put his ***** in a cup of rubbing alcohol for an hour. If your depresseded... off yourself. Not everyone else. Scumbag
    i remember that, place was shit, still is shitty

Quote Originally Posted by franchize

Used to be?

Not much has changed I guess. I barely ever go near that mall anymore even though its the closest to me.

Sunrise still has vinyl seats lmaoooooo Last time I was there was before me and my now wife got back together. I was with this girl I used to talk to. I didn't even feel comfortable making a move because the seats were so loud. Felt like big mommas Scotchguard couch lol Ironically, her older brother worked there. Talk about awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    That idiot was probably an isolated incident but you can never be too careful.
    Take care of yourself big guy
    Shiiiiiiit. If I had a gun and Knickscity was around. I'd hand it over like "here you go sir" and handcuff myself. Knickscity is Bro-bo cop lol j/k

Yeah, the city isn't taking any chances on copycats.

From what I'm hearing, alot of other cities are beefing up their watch as well.

Dude is gonna survive long in jail, I'm positive of that.
    Yea I'm sure of that too. He'll probably be isolated from Gen Pop. SOB. Soaking up tax payer dollars.

Prison isn't somewhere I want to go but it sure seems like it's gotten a hell of a lot better. My cousin requested me to be a friend on facebook from prison. And he robbed banks lol
    Last edited by franchize; 07-20-2012 at 03:39 PM.

This story really hit me.

I was planning on catching the premier of Dark Knight tonight, but now I'm probably not gonna go check it out for awhile. You're going to have people even more paranoid about the folks who come into the theatre in the middle of the movie. Shit I know I will. I'm always on the lookout for folks who look strange and truthfully it is not hard to identify the guys who are loners/weirdos/etc. I guess its that inner city upbringing where you have that eye for something suspicious because its a survival tactic.

But this is just terribe. I wasn't even thinking about the exact details about how it happened but I saw someone mention that most of the people who got shot/killed were trapped because they were sitting in the back of the theatre smh. I had always sat in the back of the theatre even when I was little and never thought that once you go back there that you're essentially "stuck" there.

Not trying to depress you guys but here is the Twitter timeline of one of the victims.

http://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield

Its crazy how life can be. You here one day and gone the next.

One of the victims that got killed had escaped a mall shooting in Toronto some months back. Crazy. Like a real life Final Destination. I kno I used to creep to the back if I had a girl with me when I was younger. Just crazy someone can be so selfish.