Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default ...

Ya'all hear Jeff George is back in the league after 5 years? Signed with the Raiders who are already stacked with QB's. Things that make you go hmmm?

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

The Eagles are going to surprise this year, Donovan IMO is the best QB in the league. And their defense looks like its back to form.
    you should write a joke book

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    DL is straight and the depth they have is damn good! Just a bit leary on the OLB's. We got the axe man in the middle but on the outside? Ehhh

Darren Howard will make clipse eat his phucking words! GUy is gonna have a big year. This DL is ready to kick ass, take names and make that DB look like the pro bowl secondary it once was for the most part.
    Ive always been a fan of Dhani Jones as a linebacker. I think they'll be fine there too. With their DL and their secondary and the "axe man" in the middle they'll be good especially with Johnson calling the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    you should write a joke book

The only QBs that are in the argument are McNabb, Payton, Brady, McNair, Palmer, and Culpepper.

Culpepper I just threw in

McNair is always hurt

Palmer, nah but is very good

Payton, probably most people's pick, but the guy has all of those weapons and last year that wasn't even enough to go along with a good defense. He's not mobile at all, just has a great line to buy him time.

Brady is a system QB, top 5, but not that damn impressive. I'd rank him, just that, 5. Good passer and decision maker though

McNabb is a great pocket passer, throws a very strong and accurate deep ball like Payton, except he can do it on the run. He can buy himself 5 seconds even without a great line. And I don't think there is an offense that relies so much on one man. Some people say Payton because of all his checks. But McNabb has a coach that doesn't like to run the ball, or didn't last year or the year before. A good but not great offensive line, and very solid group, but no superstars at receiver. He's the absolute total package.

Mcnabb is not the best QB in the league. Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Ya'all hear Jeff George is back in the league after 5 years? Signed with the Raiders who are already stacked with QB's. Things that make you go hmmm?
    Stacked? Brooks, Walter and now George. Odd man out Tui

Local High School Star

Stallworth's an upgrade from Freddie Mitchell, I guess... Trade could potentially be better for Philly if Stallworth consistently plays the way he played last year. If he struggles, then I guess it's only Simoneau and a 4th. On the other side, New Orleans gets a good deal here. While I am skeptical of trading Stallworth, I think they did get some value out of that trade. The fourth rounder will give them a pick to build around Reggie with. Hopefully they use it on someone like Matt Spaeth or Joe Newton, but they aren't likely to slip that far. Maybe use it for some depth on defense. Simoneau is a solid backer that could be the tape holding the broken linebacking core together. I think he could make an impact opposite Colby Bockwoldt and could help the run defense.

I get a negative rep with a comment "go eagles"?

My influence here is larger than the Dali Lama's offline.

Saw a basketball once

Love the pickup for the Eagles. Considering they only gave up Simoneau and a 4th to get Stallworth, it's well worth the risk. Only Branch is left. And no, I don't think the Eagles should have traded a high draft pick for Javon. This upcoming draft boasts one of the deepest wide-receiving and running back corps. It's conceivable to pick up someone like Dwayne Jarret in the second round. The Eagles aren't going to pay a veteran when they can just draft something younger and cheaper in the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LAKESHOW34
    Love the pickup for the Eagles. Considering they only gave up Simoneau and a 4th to get Stallworth, it's well worth the risk. Only Branch is left. And no, I don't think the Eagles should have traded a high draft pick for Javon. This upcoming draft boasts one of the deepest wide-receiving and running back corps. It's conceivable to pick up someone like Dwayne Jarret in the second round. The Eagles aren't going to pay a veteran when they can just draft something younger and cheaper in the next year.

D.Jarrett wont EVER last 2nd round unless he is hurt or goes to jail. First round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Mcnabb is not the best QB in the league. Please stop.

Nobody has yet to tell me why not? Nobody has the total package like him, including accuracy.

Accurate? Mcnabb throws the most ankle balls among QB's. And you're saying he has great accuracy? Guy has 1yr where he completed over 60% of his passes. Why is that since he is such a great pocket passer? Tom Brady has great accuracy not Mcnabb. Mcnabb has improved his accuracy and is much better now than he was 4yrs ago. But great acurracy? Get real.

Tom Brady, Manning and Carson Palmer are the top 3 QB's.

Intelligent fan

Who cares about the eagles? We all know the patriots are gonna go 16-0.

that's not going to be enought to win the nfc east, looking at the giants, cowboys and redskins..the only team the eagles are better then from that bunch might be dallas but i doubt even them

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    Who cares about the eagles? We all know the patriots are gonna go 16-0.

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk

It was a joke you idiot. But pats>eagles