Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Default Arrested Development Season 4 Thread

Just finished it. Very enjoyable. Still has the same humor and charm. Does feel a little different (due to the time gap and lower budget) but was still a good watch.

Anyone else watch it yet? What are your thoughts?

Banned

Default Re: Arrested Development Season 4 Thread

Does it conclude the series, or will there be season 5?

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

I JUST posted this in another forum....

"i just watched ep 1 of season 4.

seriously? wtf was that garbage???? this is what i waited for????? its not even close to being the same show.

characters look different, lucilles bc of plastic surgery, gob maybe too, but mostly, the writing and the timing.....and the purpose. wtf???? im going to have to pretend like season 4 never happened."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    I JUST posted this in another forum....

"i just watched ep 1 of season 4.

seriously? wtf was that garbage???? this is what i waited for????? its not even close to being the same show.

characters look different, lucilles bc of plastic surgery, gob maybe too, but mostly, the writing and the timing.....and the purpose. wtf???? im going to have to pretend like season 4 never happened."
    GOB looks different, but Maebe an George-Michael don't????

Anyway you're a terrible poster who hasn't ever said anything worth reading so I shall ignore your opinion.

Liked the first episode, hated the second, thought 3-4 were okay. 5 (especially the back half) was alright.

And then 6 or 7 is when it starts to pick up and resemble the old show. I think they needed time to develop subplots in the show to actually make it more like the original run since they didn't have much they could fall back on in terms of where to pick up at. So given that I'm fine with the first 5 being a rocky experience.

I'm only episode 9 now though. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rose; 05-27-2013 at 03:10 AM.

And for whomever asked season 5 is a maybe depending on who from Netflix is speaking.

But Hurwitz and some of the actors have already said that the relationship isn't done and that it's supposed to lead to more episodes and/or a movie.

started of really badly but it redeemed itself towards the middle.

There will either be a season 5 and a movie or just a movie because they cant just end it on that.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Yeah, it really does start off slow. However, you can say the same thing about the first season as well. The first few episodes weren't very funny because the characters hadn't been introduced/jokes haven't been set up yet. So, Season 4 is trying to reintroduce all the characters/jokes again.

In all honesty, it's sort of like the 3rd season where there are up and down episodes....but lots of memorable moments along the way.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I didn't even recognize Portia de Rossi. The voice was the same but her face looks so different that I actually had to check IMDB to confirm that it was still her. How much plastic surgery did she get?!?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I didn't even recognize Portia de Rossi. The voice was the same but her face looks so different that I actually had to check IMDB to confirm that it was still her. How much plastic surgery did she get?!?
    Looks like she got a lip transplant.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/netflix...170954686.html

Woo if the actors agree, more seasons.

Tambor said a few days ago (and Arnett as well in a few interviews) that the cast was fine with coming back for more. So I think it's a question of when, now and not if.

Season 4 doesn't conclude the show. The show doesn't return to it's old form until the Lindsay episode, which I believe is #8. She looks completely different until she cuts her hair, but you have to remember that the season takes place a year to five years after the third season.

Banned

Im on episode 5, so far I like it even if it feel like the story explanations are a bit heavy handed. I like everything about it and while its not great, its a good A.D. fix. I think the fact that different episodes deal with different characters is the issue.. It feels like fragmented story pieces, rather than a fluid narration. As soon as your beginning to feel a part of the story they cut away to something completely different. Episode 5 was an improvement tho and I hope the rest are in the same tone as that one.

Soooooooooo I've never seen Arrested Development before (wacky, right?). So that's been my most recent binge watching project. I've seen first 5 episodes of Season 1.....

Anywhoooooo, good show, funny, good characters, yada yada....but here's a little tidbit. In the first 5 episodes, there have been not 1...not 2....but THREE TIMES I've seen production screwups.

TWICE I've seen the overhead boom microphone in the middle of a scene....I was like "did i just see the mic?" and replayed it and sure enough, both times. The third screw up..even worse....is I saw one of the CAMERAS! It was a scene where Odenkirk plays the Psychiatrist and as they are moving about, you clearly see on the side one of the cameramen who's shooting Odenkirk. Maybe it's because it's on HD and originally on standard definition? I dunno.......

Weird, wild stuff. But the show is pretty gosh darn good. I LOL'd a good many times already....