Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron is NOT more skilled than Jordan (who isn't even the most skilled player ever)

look at these butthurt lebron stans voting this thread as 1 star.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Lebron is NOT more skilled than Jordan (who isn't even the most skilled player ever)

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    When people say skilled they mean his whole game not just scoring. He's the most skilled player I've ever seen and I'm 29 years old. Jordan is the greatest I've seen by far, but Lebron does everything either good or great. You add his size, power, and speed with his passing ability and defense then you have most skilled. He's a very good scorer while Jordan was great. Most you kids never seen MJ play in his prime.
    Lebron is literally nowhere near as skilled as Jordan. Like, not even in the same universe.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Lebron is extremely talented, but no way his skills are even remotely in the top 10 conversation, at least not yet.
    so stop it.
    Do you know what skills are? There has never been a player with the complete package as him. Everybody including his biggest hater in Skip Bayless recognizes this. Skills aren't something to say he's not top 10 yet lmao.

Do you know what skills are? There has never been a player with the complete package as him. Everybody including his biggest hater in Skip Bayless recognizes this. Skills aren't something to say he's not top 10 yet lmao.
    you are a dumb f*ck. Skills and talent are different things.
    Skills are things you acquire by experience/learning.
    Talent is something you are born with.

Having a complete package just means his all around game, you retard. Has nothing to do with being the most skilled or not. Lebrontards on full ignition now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Lebron is literally nowhere near as skilled as Jordan. Like, not even in the same universe.
    Skills are scoring, rebounding, passing, and defense right? Jordan is superior in scoring but IMO Lebron is better at rebounding and passing. Defense about even.. Lebron is severely overrated on Defense on how he guards every position because he get's torched from time to time. Jordan wasn't guarding many great scorers though.

Jordan is god to me but I'm not blind to players doing things better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    you are a dumb f*ck. Skills and talent are different things.
    Skills are things you acquire by experience/learning.
    Talent is something you are born with.
    What skills don't Lebron have? Oh yea chill with the attitude over the internet tough guy. If you can't have a discussion without being a Internet gangster don't respond to my post and log off your mom's computer

Skills are scoring, rebounding, passing, and defense right? Jordan is superior in scoring but IMO Lebron is better at rebounding and passing. Defense about even.. Lebron is severely overrated on Defense on how he guards every position because he get's torched from time to time. Jordan wasn't guarding many great scorers though.

stat geeks. :

"bu bu but, Lebron averages more assists than Jordan, therefore he MUST be a better passer."

NBA rookie of the year

No, skills aren't the same thing as the ABILITY to do those things. Ability is ability, and can be attributable to any number of factors (skill, natural ability a la Magic for passing etc.). First off, Jordan was a more skilled rebounder than Lebron (timing/positioning, footwork/boxing out, reading the ball in the air etc.) and there is a case to be made that Lebron isn't even a better rebounder than Jordan, only equal (I would certainly take Jordan over Lebron if I needed a big rebound). At best it's a marginal difference. Lebron may be a better passer - again, only marginally if so. And much of this is due to his natural vision/size as opposed to technical SKILL in passing. Defense is certainly NOT even - Jordan wins that handily, especially the SKILL areas of defense (footwork, rotations etc.). Jordan DESTROYS Lebron in terms of post game, footwork (in any context), off-ball movement, screen usage/setting, use of fakes, craftiness etc.

Honestly, it's not really close. ROOKIE Jordan was doing things skill-wise that you still don't see from Lebron TODAY.

What skills don't Lebron have? Oh yea chill with the attitude over the internet tough guy. If you can't have a discussion without being a Internet gangster don't respond to my post and log off your mom's computer
    I'm chilling at my work. relax moron, don't gotta go all personal. You think because Lebron is 27-7-7 his skills are on top. Most of his advantage right now are due to his talents (athleticism, strenghth, speed). He has no consistent jumper and post game. They aren't bad, but they aren't all time great levels. If you don't agree with this then you are in denial.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall

Made that high school varsity squad

What I find shocking is that people don't know lebron was third in shooting percentage for jumpers in 2011 and above average in 2012.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Who cares how he scores? He shoots at over 50%. The skill arguement is only used by Kobe d.ick riders.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I agree! Lebron scoring skillset is what holds him back some in the skill for skill argument. Sure he's a great scorer, but when u break down his scoring skillset, he's only truly great at finishing in transition and slashing to the rack. When u look at MJ's scoring skillset, he was a great slasher, great transition finisher, great postup guy, great midrange game, and had flawless footwork. The same can be said about Kobe as well. Now in terms of being a great passer, great rebounder, great defender,and great scorer all in one, Lebron is as good as any SF ever. It's just the scoring skillset that's not as varied.

In terms or being great or dominant, u don't have to be great at all technical facets of the game. It's about dominance and results. And Bron can stuff a stat sheet and provide versatility damn near unparalled in NBA history!

IT's crazy how people compare players of different era's. Jordan came into the league not with the jumper he developed,not with the post moves, not with the hitting the open man for a winning bucket. He developed most of this in his 8-10 year in the league.Lebron had gotten better each year. Im not sayiing he is more skilled than MJ just saying it took MJ a few years to develop also.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Who cares how he scores? He shoots at over 50%. The skill arguement is only used by Kobe d.ick riders.
    Lebron is NOT more skilled than Jordan
    someone's insecure.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    IT's crazy how people compare players of different era's. Jordan came into the league not with the jumper he developed,not with the post moves, not with the hitting the open man for a winning bucket. He developed most of this in his 8-10 year in the league.Lebron had gotten better each year. Im not sayiing he is more skilled than MJ just saying it took MJ a few years to develop also.
    Jordan as a rookie (certainly by his second or third full season) was more skilled than Lebron is now after 9 seasons.