Love Live Life

Default MLB The Show 14 (PS4)

Hey anybody got this game?

How is it? I heard the older versions were great.

I'm not into baseball like that anymore but I was thinking about getting this.

How's the learning curve?

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Default Re: MLB The Show 14 (PS4)

First time I've played any of The Show games... I've really enjoyed it so far. Started Road To The Show...it's not storyline driven like 2k, but it's been pretty fun so far. Graphics are amazing. I have started on beginners mode and hitting and pitching is pretty easy to pickup... it's fielding where i'll need some time to figure things out. But you can pitch and hit right away.

I've only played about 3 hours so far, so it' hard to give a definitive answer, but so far it looks to be real fun.

However, I still haven't played online yet, and I hear that's pretty choppy. So depending on how important that is to you, you may want to look in to that. I pretty much play by myself most of the time, so it's not a huge factor for me.

Also, load times are (like a lot of reviews have stated) a bit much, but these are things I can live with. I bought a physical copy in case I stop playing it once Watch Dogs comes out so I can recoup a bit of money, but I may keep it through the next MLB The Show as long as I can keep updating the roster.

Hope that helps...
    Last edited by shortsoptional; 05-07-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Love Live Life

Thanks.

I only play RTTS pitching, but it's fun. I can't hit in any baseball game... that's why I stick to pitching.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    First time I've played any of The Show games... I've really enjoyed it so far. Started Road To The Show...it's not storyline driven like 2k, but it's been pretty fun so far. Graphics are amazing. I have started on beginners mode and hitting and pitching is pretty easy to pickup... it's fielding where i'll need some time to figure things out. But you can pitch and hit right away.

I've only played about 3 hours so far, so it' hard to give a definitive answer, but so far it looks to be real fun.

However, I still haven't played online yet, and I hear that's pretty choppy. So depending on how important that is to you, you may want to look in to that. I pretty much play by myself most of the time, so it's not a huge factor for me.

Also, load times are (like a lot of reviews have stated) a bit much, but these are things I can live with. I bought a physical copy in case I stop playing it once Watch Dogs comes out so I can recoup a bit of money, but I may keep it through the next MLB The Show as long as I can keep updating the roster.

Hope that helps...
    Sounds good. I think I am more intrigued by next gen The Show than I was for next gen 2K14. The Show seems to be sticking to how NBA 2K used to do business, with authenticity, realism, and simulation as their base. 2K's MyPlayer storylines, virtual currency payments, and MyTeam/Online overlording has been depressing. I am hopeful they can learn a thing or two from The Show as to how to have many options exist without sacrificing a game's realism, customization and freedom.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Sounds good. I think I am more intrigued by next gen The Show than I was for next gen 2K14. The Show seems to be sticking to how NBA 2K used to do business, with authenticity, realism, and simulation as their base. 2K's MyPlayer storylines, virtual currency payments, and MyTeam/Online overlording has been depressing. I am hopeful they can learn a thing or two from The Show as to how to have many options exist without sacrificing a game's realism, customization and freedom.

This single-handedly made me trade back NBA2k14 pretty fast after picking it up. I am someone who in the past liked to do many franchises over and over and the fact that i had to pay VC to be able to trade players pissed me off bad. I have work, a daughter and other responsibilities... i don't have time to play 10 hours of basketball so that I can buy a different color suite for my player.

I've only played RTTS as of now, but I hope there aren't these types of micro-transactions in The Show.
    Last edited by shortsoptional; 05-14-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Love Live Life

Well after doing some research and reading reviews I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this last night.

I must say it has a high learning curve and I'm sucking atm. I started RTTS mode and I can't hit or steal bases for crap.

The game has great graphics and the create a player customization is killing 2k's.

I'm liking the game so far, just sucking though

Banned

Im hesitant on buying this game, I always played mlb 2k in the past due to having a xbox, and I usually will have fun for a few months then trade it in. I heard good things about the show and now that I have a PS4 I might as well do it.......the only downfall I heard was the loading times, but I can live with that