Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Am i the only irish peron on ISH?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Chillax man. I was banking on the fact that most of these peeps are unaware that I was referring to the Irish Republican Army... Since you seem so caught up in it, peace be unto you.

for why?

I hardly see how its relevant at this point in time.
    You have to be retarded not to know what the IRA is.

Also, whats so special about being Irish? They've been kicked around by the British for hundred of years, and had one of the most infamous famines strike their whole nation. They've had terrible luck for a supposedly "lucky" nationality, unless the "luck" is ironic.

On that note, I have an irish name. But I'm taiwanese.

There are some drunken bastard in this board too...you're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    Also, whats so special about being Irish? They've been kicked around by the British for hundred of years, and had one of the most infamous famines strike their whole nation. They've had terrible luck for a supposedly "lucky" nationality, unless the "luck" is ironic.

On that note, I have an irish name. But I'm taiwanese.
    Kicked around by the British for hundreds of years? The irish people constantly fought for their own free nation which had been torn from them with the Act of Union.
    Despite Cromwell and others, the Irish's peoples courage and determination brought the British to their knees.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan
    Kicked around by the British for hundreds of years? The irish people constantly fought for their own free nation which had been torn from them with the Act of Union.
    Despite Cromwell and others, the Irish's peoples courage and determination brought the British to their knees.
    Preach on! Look how small Ireland is

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
    Preach on! Look how small Ireland is

look how bad the British got there asses kicked by the 13 states of america!

Burnt motha****a burnt!

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    look how bad the British got there asses kicked by the 13 states of america!

Burnt motha****a burnt!

Brought Britain to their knees? When did that happen?

Banned

When did Ireland ever bring England to it's knee's, Ireland's history involves getting it's ass kicked by England, England sending a bunch of Irish as slaves to Barbados to pick tobacco, and then England feeling bad for Ireland and letting them become their own nation. All Ireland did was cheaply and cowardly bomb English civillians. Ireland never brough England to it's knees bozo. England constantly had Ireland on it's knees treated Ireland like it's ***** then got bored and let the Irish run free. Ireland sucks balls compared to England.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    When did Ireland ever bring England to it's knee's, Ireland's history involves getting it's ass kicked by England, England sending a bunch of Irish as slaves to Barbados to pick tobacco, and then England feeling bad for Ireland and letting them become their own nation. All Ireland did was cheaply and cowardly bomb English civillians. Ireland never brough England to it's knees bozo. England constantly had Ireland on it's knees treated Ireland like it's ***** then got bored and let the Irish run free. Ireland sucks balls compared to England.
    I take great offence at that. You are cleary a very ignorant person.
    The British government admitted in 2007 that it could not defeat the IRA. The IRA brought about the British Armies biggest single losses since 1959 in Iran.

And cowardly? Fighting for what you beleive in?
    I'll tell you what cowardly, the B-Specials and Ulster Defence AND the British Army killing innocent Catholic women and children because they couldn't get to the IRA. Or how about murdering people as they bury those who fought fo their freedom? Or attacking towns after the IRA agree to put Arms down?

Rough approximations suggest 60% of all IRA victims were British Amry ect.
    The British Army only killed around 20 IRA officers. 20. That's it.

I'm not condoning the IRA in any way, killing innocent people is never right. But they were clearly fighting for what was right. The Northern Irish Catholic's were being opressed. They fought back, firstly only attacking the military. But then the British Army got annoyed because they couldn't beat the IRA (as they later admitted) and started killing women and children. Only then did the IRA respond with it's civillian campaign.

The IRA is widely considered as one of the most sucessfull and effiecent guerilla army's ever. Hardly cheap or cowardly IMO.

That's just my opinion, i'm sorry if i've offended anyone but you just struck a nerve, with me being a Catholic and having see the consequences of it all.

NBA sixth man of the year

Hey look at me, my great-grandmother's roommate's nephew immigrated here from Ireland so I love Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly!! I'm so fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king Irish!! If you're born in America, you're an American. If you're born in Ireland, you're Irish. That's how it works. Maybe if you're a first generation immigrant you can claim something, but if not, STFU.

I take great offence at that. You are cleary a very ignorant person.
    The British government admitted in 2007 that it could not defeat the IRA. The IRA brought about the British Armies biggest single losses since 1959 in Iran.

And cowardly? Fighting for what you beleive in?
    I'll tell you what cowardly, the B-Specials and Ulster Defence AND the British Army killing innocent Catholic women and children because they couldn't get to the IRA. Or how about murdering people as they bury those who fought fo their freedom? Or attacking towns after the IRA agree to put Arms down?

Rough approximations suggest 60% of all IRA victims were British Amry ect.
    The British Army only killed around 20 IRA officers. 20. That's it.

I'm not condoning the IRA in any way, killing innocent people is never right. But they were clearly fighting for what was right. The Northern Irish Catholic's were being opressed. They fought back, firstly only attacking the military. But then the British Army got annoyed because they couldn't beat the IRA (as they later admitted) and started killing women and children. Only then did the IRA respond with it's civillian campaign.

The IRA is widely considered as one of the most sucessfull and effiecent guerilla army's ever. Hardly cheap or cowardly IMO.

That's just my opinion, i'm sorry if i've offended anyone but you just struck a nerve, with me being a Catholic and having see the consequences of it all.
    How about before the last century?

HeartHustleHope

How about before the last century?
    I admit my knowledge is not adequete enough to comment but yeah England did own Ireland.

But i thought we were talking about the IRA?
    But point taken.

I admit my knowledge is not adequete enough to comment but yeah England did own Ireland.

But i thought we were talking about the IRA?
    But point taken.
    England possessed one of the greatest empires the world has ever known, producing hundreds of the world's most famous people and influencing the development of culture, economics and warfare.

Ireland.... not so much.

HeartHustleHope

England possessed one of the greatest empires the world has ever known, producing hundreds of the world's most famous people and influencing the development of culture, economics and warfare.

Ireland.... not so much.
    Well yes obviously. There's no comparison