Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron has been working out with Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    where are all the people that were saying he didnt need to upgrade his game and especially did not need a better post game?
    Right here. I still dont think he needs to. He is the best player in the world.
    What he needs to work on is his focus and killer instinct - the mental side. That's why he had a poor Dallas series.

I don't think its a need when you average 27 ppg and 7 assists based off great guard play. It wont hurt, but its not a need.

Banned

adding a post game before a jumpshot. Thats like running before u crawl

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I hope people understand that working with Hakeem doesn't automatically mean you'll be great in the post. Howard is probably the only player that has been more successful working with Hakeem.

I remember Emeka Okafor and Josh Smith worked with Hakeem, how much better are they?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    I hope people understand that working with Hakeem doesn't automatically mean you'll be great in the post. Howard is probably the only player that has been more successful working with Hakeem.

I remember Emeka Okafor and Josh Smith worked with Hakeem, how much better are they?
    Yao Ming improved significantly. Olajuwon also teaches his students focus and other important mental aspects.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yet Bryant's whole game and persona is a copy
    No, not really.

Bricking Jumpers

I disagree.

Bryant's post game was borderline unstoppable the first few months of the 2009-10 season after having worked with Olajuwon that September. The ankle and knee issues he had over the second half really threw him off.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Does the unbelievable irony of this really need to be pointed out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    Well, Hakeem has been 2/2 in improving significantly improving superstars. I hope he'll go 3/3.
    really Josh Smith still has no idea how to post up after Hakeem.

I don't Lebron needs Hakeem. He doesn't seem to have the base of moves set up to where Hakeem's knowledge would help.

-Lebron does not understand a lot of fundamental aspects in the post. If he has hasn't gotten it by now, I doubt there will be a significant change. What he can do is maximize his athletism down there and work on finishing from the low block.

Bryant's post game was borderline unstoppable the first few months of the 2009-10 season after having worked with Olajuwon that September. The ankle and knee issues he had over the second half really threw him off.
    Kobe was tweaking an already elite aspect of his game. A little different than basically starting from scratch.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 08-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by TAC602
    I disagree.

Kobe already had a very good post game before 2009-2010 so I don't get your point.

Yao Ming improved significantly. Olajuwon also teaches his students focus and other important mental aspects.
    All Hakeem did was talk to Yao, iirc. He just helped him on the mental aspect. He didn't teach him many moves because of Yao's limited mobility and athleticism.

Both of you guys just gave me players that were already great post players before working with Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC602
    I disagree.

Kobe always had an excellent post game; long before meeting Hakeem. He just went to the post more often in the beginning of the 2009-2010 season because Pau was injured. After Pau came back, Kobe played mostly in the perimeter.

Kobe only had a 2 hour session with Hakeem to take a look at the dream shake; nothing more.

Very good NBA starter

Keep believing those myths.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    adding a post game before a jumpshot. Thats like running before u crawl
    What are you stupid? LeBron has already improved his jump shoot vastly over the course of his career. He has a very good, if somewhat erratic jumpshot.

Kobe already had a very good post game before 2009-2010 so I don't get your point.

All Hakeem did was talk to Yao, iirc. He just helped him on the mental aspect. He didn't teach him many moves because of Yao's limited mobility and athleticism.

Both of you guys just gave me players that were already great post players before working with Hakeem.
    yep this is RocketGreatness

and what about Dwight Howard? His post game was horrible before he worked out with Keem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Keep believing those myths.
    Kobe himself has said he imitates Jordan. Nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make Kobe any less of a player. It's just the way it is.