Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

SOA always brings it in the finale. They left the door open for many plotlines next season. There is a very good chance Clay won't die in jail as he may have the protection of the IRA and maybe even the Cartel/CIA if their gun deal with Lin's crew falls through. Also there is the unresovled conflict with the Grimm Bastards. I actually think Pope's crew will leave SOA alone. They made the point to lay some back story about how Pope's #2 man really wanted to be #1. He knew talkign to Jax what was up and he accepted Jax's lame story.

As far as the show as a whole, when it started I really enjoyed watching a show about an outlaw MC. In the first few seasons while it's clearly over the top it was still somewhat believable. Remember when Jax and opie and Bobby go and murder the dock worker guy, they do it pretty stealthy and still there is a witness that screws them over later in the season. In season 5 they have gunfights in the middle of the street in broad daylight every episode and nothing ever comes from it. WTF. The show is still entertaining but not even remotely set in reality anymore. I still like it but would like it a lot more if it was a little more realistic. There are so many great characters in the show and I enjoy the realationships between them, not the over the top action.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    As far as the show as a whole, when it started I really enjoyed watching a show about an outlaw MC. In the first few seasons while it's clearly over the top it was still somewhat believable. Remember when Jax and opie and Bobby go and murder the dock worker guy, they do it pretty stealthy and still there is a witness that screws them over later in the season. In season 5 they have gunfights in the middle of the street in broad daylight every episode and nothing ever comes from it. WTF. The show is still entertaining but not even remotely set in reality anymore. I still like it but would like it a lot more if it was a little more realistic. There are so many great characters in the show and I enjoy the realationships between them, not the over the top action.
    Yeah, it is funny that the cops just sit in their office waiting for phone calls rather than actually patrolling and being spread out throughout the city within a couple minutes of anywhere they need to be. The daylight fights actually could have made more sense early on when Unser was the Chief and looking out for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Yeah, it is funny that the cops just sit in their office waiting for phone calls rather than actually patrolling and being spread out throughout the city within a couple minutes of anywhere they need to be. The daylight fights actually could have made more sense early on when Unser was the Chief and looking out for the club.
    And it seems a lot of these shoot-outs take place in neigboring cities that are larger and more populated then charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Everything remains a little too goofy the way they close everything up so conveniently. I know if I go to the mall after work, that's a pretty full day for me. These guys seem to go all over existence without much in the way of food or sleep over the course of 48 hours all the time.
    I know this doesn't touch exactly on your point, but the amount of riding they do on their bikes in one day while still doing other stuff always amused me. According to Wiki, Sutter said he envisions Charming being in between Stockton and Lodi, which is the general area where I'm from. In a recent episode they drove out to Reno (about a 3 hour trip one way from Stockton) in the middle of the day, took care of some business, and got back to Charming in seemingly the same day while its still bright out.

I noticed her ass this last episode myself. But I didn't freak out as much as some of you it seems.
    i try to find the good in everybody.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

So what do you think will happen in season 6? Will this be it for Clay or will Clay find a way out? Ron Perlman was absolutely fantastic this season as Clay.

Who is going to replace Bobby as VP? Also, what will Jax think of Bobby quitting as VP?

Is Juice safe now or will the club use this against him to do things for them from now on?

Did Gemma really rat out Tara or was it Lee Toric?

How will Lee Toric play into next season? He seems dangerous and has connections. He might be the biggest threat SAMCRO has ever faced.

What will happen with the RIRA and the Cartel/CIA? Will everything just run smoothly for them or will SAMCRO be caught in the middle?

What's going to happen with Nero and Gemma? I'm glad Jimmy Smits might come back next season. He was great.

Did anyone feel bad for Clay at all? Gemma is one cold hearted bitch. Can't believe she had the nerve to threaten Tara after she nearly killed those boys earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Did anyone feel bad for Clay at all? Gemma is one cold hearted bitch. Can't believe she had the nerve to threaten Tara after she nearly killed those boys earlier in the season.
    I do, but then I remember Clay dug his own grave. Had Donna killed, her father-in-law, put out a hit on Tara, was responsible for the cop's wife getting murdered, beating the sh!t out of Gemma.

Fire Dwane Casey

Holy f*ck brehs!!!! I know i'm late on this but I just finished Season 5. What an awesome finale. Kurt Sutter is a f*cking genious!!!

Hope someone can clarify this for me though. Why did Jax connect Lin with Galindo? I thought Galindo only wanted the IRA? Also, did Lin always have this gun connection?

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Holy f*ck brehs!!!! I know i'm late on this but I just finished Season 5. What an awesome finale. Kurt Sutter is a f*cking genious!!!

Hope someone can clarify this for me though. Why did Jax connect Lin with Galindo? I thought Galindo only wanted the IRA? Also, did Lin always have this gun connection?

Thanks for the clarification guys.
    Jax has wanted out of the gun business the whole time essentially. This gets them a cut without actually being in the gun business.

Fire Dwane Casey

Jax has wanted out of the gun business the whole time essentially. This gets them a cut without actually being in the gun business.
    I know jax has wanted out the whole time but did he do the hook up just for a cut? Why did Galindo want another gun hook up? I thought he only wanted the IRA for CIA purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    I know jax has wanted out the whole time but did he do the hook up just for a cut? Why did Galindo want another gun hook up? I thought he only wanted the IRA for CIA purposes?
    I can't remember since I watched the episodes as they came out. Sorry.

Fire Dwane Casey

It's all good dude thanks anyways

Fire Dwane Casey

bump

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Its official I'm going to try and grow opies beard.