Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: Melo his future....

Folks just enjoy wallowing in their excuses.

Melo's talent hasnt ever been questioned.

The only thing that matters to me is the Knicks winning.

I saw King live when he set the record, but I was a young...but he lost, still one of the greatest things I had seen, but in my older age...he lost.

Melo's 62 was great as well, no dispute there, but the team WON and thats what I care about more, this individual stuff doesnt excite me over my team being in position to win something meaningful.

There is two things about Melo i question, and only time can answer....

Can he win as the best player, and will a fellow star player join him in that quest....winning.....and at the very least being in position to win is the end all.

Nothing wrong when Ewing lost to the Bulls, at least he got to play them several times as one of the better teams in the East.

Melo has yet to do that.

Can he do that? Can he attract the help or is he good enough to be the one to carry the team?

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

The lineup for that King 60 point game:

Bernard King
    Darrell Walker
    Rory Sparrow
    Pat Cummings
    James Bailey

Just like King and Ewing, Melo lacks the help adequate help to get him over the top. It would be nice to see fellow Knicks fans open their eyes for once.

Krust Kingz

Exclamation Re: Melo his future....

I think I will always fall between both of Knickcity and Franchize on this Melo thing.

I know Melo isnt good enough to carry anything (Knickcity ) so he needs significantly more talent (Franchize ) because of that he isnt a MAX player (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I think I will always fall between both of Knickcity and Franchize on this Melo thing.

I know Melo isnt good enough to carry anything (Knickcity ) so he needs significantly more talent (Franchize ) because of that he isnt a MAX player (me)
    i actually agree with all this.

3 years ago called. No one player can carry a team any more. Have you guys not seen Miami's roster? If your argument for him not being a Max player is that he can't do it alone, then nobody in the league is a max player.

What I don't get is, people are ok with overpaying for guys who shouldn't even be in the league but turn up their nose at paying extra for our clear cut best player.

like it or not, melo is gonna get a max deal, its up to melo to accept it, or take it upon himself to structure his deal in a way that can help the team bring in new guys to help him...he can back load his contract so that knicks can have room to possibly bring in 2 other max guys to help share the burden on offense and defense...

Our first priority should be trading Tyson Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    3 years ago called. No one player can carry a team any more. Have you guys not seen Miami's roster? If your argument for him not being a Max player is that he can't do it alone, then nobody in the league is a max player.

What I don't get is, people are ok with overpaying for guys who shouldn't even be in the league but turn up their nose at paying extra for our clear cut best player.
    Melo at 130 million is overpaying.

And if a player is possibly the highest paid in the league i absolutely expect them to carry their team.

He wont need help if hes willing to soak up 40% of the cap.

Our first priority should be trading Tyson Chandler.
    I agree. It hasn't worked out as planned. I think the Tyson deal may have spelled doom regarding Dolan's relationship with Donnie Walsh.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I agree. It hasn't worked out as planned. I think the Tyson deal may have spelled doom regarding Dolan's relationship with Donnie Walsh.
    If I remember correctly Stat and Tyson were of the Dolan faction not the GM.

Correct, Walsh was gone by then.

My bad -Tyson agreed to sign a few months after Walsh left. But Amare was on board. I just feel that if Donnie had more sway, we wouldn't have ended up with this mess. Dolan just can't seem to stay out of the way; he reminds me of Jerry Jones.

Donnie Walsh and Isaiah Thomas are responsible for Amare Stoudemire. Grunwald is responsible for for Tyson Chandler.

Krust Kingz

Donnie Walsh and Isaiah Thomas are responsible for Amare Stoudemire. Grunwald is responsible for for Tyson Chandler.
    I thought Donnie didnt wanted Stat but not at the price that was paid and IT and Dolan made it happen not to lose out on that FA time.

Has Melo come out again recently and said that he cant wait to explore free agency or ESPN are regurgitating the same info from October?

I thought Donnie didnt wanted Stat but not at the price that was paid and IT and Dolan made it happen not to lose out on that FA time.

Has Melo come out again recently and said that he cant wait to explore free agency or ESPN are regurgitating the same info from October?
    Amare himself denied he was recruited by isiah, saying he never spoke to him at all.

As far as melo, he did state he would take less to help the team add players, even mentioned he has made enough money that he could retire today.

he also stated his priority is to resign with the Knicks.