Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    NBA fans are crazy and delusional when it comes to anything and everything related to European basketball. They really need to STFU about European ball already. Motiejunas has all the tools, but he is soft, arrogant, has a poor work ethic, and puts himself above his teams. He also helps contribute losses rather than wins.

Calling him the greatest European prospect ever is so insulting that words cannot even describe it.

Well who is then? Who was the top nba draft prospect- not the greatest european player, the best draft ready prospect? Lots said rubio and I don't see how rubio is on moteijunas level

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    What do you mean that would be awesome? Are you joking? Pekovic IS WAY better than Motiejunas.
    im saying that i havent watched pekovic much (actually i watch next to zero euro ball) and simply rely on opinions about euros form other people . the "awesome" part is because we own his rights

Daniloooooooo Gallinariiiiiiiiiiiiii

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

I think he may be a better shooting, but worse shot-blocking Anthony Randolph. Just because he's white doesn't mean he's a Gallinari or a Kukoc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Well who is then? Who was the top nba draft prospect- not the greatest european player, the best draft ready prospect? Lots said rubio and I don't see how rubio is on moteijunas level
    Rubio and Motiejunas do not even come remotely close to being the top European prospects of all time. Neither would even make a list to even be considered.

Decent playground baller

I don't see how rubio is on moteijunas level

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Saw a basketball once

Motiejunas is as intriguing as awfully talented. But when you evaluate him you have to take into account how soft he is on defense and rebounding the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Genjuro
    Motiejunas is as intriguing as awfully talented. But when you evaluate him you have to take into account how soft he is on defense and rebounding the ball.
    so you basically described Chris Bosh here What makes you think Donutas won't fit into NBA, where defense is BARELY played?

Good college starter

He'll be a disappointment at the NBA level if he's a poor rebounder. Poor rebounding at the PF/C positions is a major red flag.

That to me is the biggest thing that separates the Dirk's/Garnett's of the world from someone like Bargnani.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

What's his contract situation like? Is he going to be in the NBA next season?

Motiejunas seems to be developing nicely in Europe - he was ULEB Cup MVP of the previous week and had a stellar game in Italy with 21 points and 7 rebs. He seems to be flourishing under the new coach, we can expect some good things from this kid

Good High School Starter

Highest drafted European players--in relation to top euro prospect all time..

1) Bargnagni
    2) Darko
    3)Pau
    5)Rubio

Dirk was drafted 9th fyi..

Rubio is EASILY considered the greatest European PG prospect of all time.

Everyone knew Sabas was top 5 player in the world, but I don't know if 'prospect' is the right word considering we all knew he wasn't leaving the USSR.

Saw a basketball once MPLS Lakers's Avatar

I was in Kaunas last summer and saw him play, practicing with some of the local Zalgiris talent. Going back there this May, dunno if he will be there or not.

Here's a scouting report from a Lithuanian friend of mine who has seen him a lot more, in games not practice:

Best case scenario (which is a real possibility from what I've seen of him) he is the next Dirk Nowitzki. A 7'er who can work inside, and play sniper from outside. He is never going to bang the boards with D Howard, he just does not have the body. (He'll actually play PF in all likelihood), but he does have a beautiful shot to make up for it. He NEEDS to work on his defense. Defensively he is simply not ready for American iso-ball. He also loafs and takes possessions off, but like many greats who did this in college he'll outgrow this once he gets to the NBA or very soon after.