Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    1. I'd say they are higher. Not a ton higher but still higher seeing that the game is a few years newer. Lots of details in the animation during cut scenes and quests.

2. Yes every class/advanced class gets 5 companions throughout the game that are there to support you. I would assume you get 1 of every type. So far through level 25 on my Jedi Sentinel I have a tank and a dps companion. You can only have 1 out with you at a time and yes they can fill a player spot for Heroic quests or Flashpoints. But it's still better to rely on other players in flashpoints the higher you level up. I don't think they can be used in pvp unless it's world pvp. I've yet to encounter the other faction questing yet but I'll let you know when I do.

3. There are no direct comparisons to the WoW classes. There are some similarities though. For instance my highest level is the Jedi Knight - Sentinel advanced class. I dual wield lightsabers and they're basically like a dps warrior. But I also have a few force abilities like a choke type ability and I can throw my light saber in close range. Jedi Consular's are like the caster Jedi. They can either be Jedi Sages which can spec as a healer, or a caster dps. They could also be Jedi Shadows which use a double-bladed saber and have a tank and physical dps spec. Smugglers have a ranged hunter like spec with sniper rifles (minus pets), or a healing/ranged dps with blasters/more melee heavy dps spec. Never played a Trooper so I can't comment on them. But there are no clear cut matches for classes.
    So if I want big force power/ranged DPS as a jedi go Jedi Consular? I also love healing.. can Jedi Sage do okay ranged dps? Or pure healer?

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Yea go Sage. They can do decent damage and cc as a healer so it's still nice. They make it to where you can solo quest with your companion and still be alright as a healer so it will work fine.

Consular is the caster, Sage is the caster dps/healer spec. Shadow is just Tank/melee.
    Last edited by clipse026; 01-02-2012 at 03:55 AM.

I have a level 21 IA Operative and a level 18 Sith Sorceror on Infinite Empire if anyone wants to roll there. It's a pvp server. I also have a level 19 Jedi Sentinel on another pvp server that I can't recall the name currently . I actually am liking that character way more than my agent and his professions are pretty high already so I might stick with him. But I'd be up for an ish guild or at least group to level/run flashpoints.

Server my Jedi Sentinel is on is called The Maw, pvp server.
    I have an 18 Jedi Sage on Infinite empire :X

25 IA Operative on Terentek

The thing I like about my Sith Assassin is that in most cases I can take the role of EITHER DPS or tank. Kinda depends what everyone else is in a group.

He's not outstanding at either task, but pretty good at adapting to whatever the group needs.

I think he's slightly better at tanking, and I got my DPS companion yesterday and find I'm rolling through mobs much faster now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    So if I want big force power/ranged DPS as a jedi go Jedi Consular? I also love healing.. can Jedi Sage do okay ranged dps? Or pure healer?
    Well if you want to go Jedi you could go Trooper, and choose the healing route.

I am not too familiar with the Jedi classes outside of Sage.

I went Sith on my second character an Imperial agent, my advance class is Operative or Sniper. Operative is kind of a hybrid that can heal, uses stealth to back stab, and can use a blaster rifle for ranged. Sniper is pretty self explanatory.

Yea go Sage. They can do decent damage and cc as a healer so it's still nice. They make it to where you can solo quest with your companion and still be alright as a healer so it will work fine.

Consular is the caster, Sage is the caster dps/healer spec. Shadow is just Tank/melee.
    Thanks. So would it be like a holy/disc priest in Wow? I ask because.... resto shaman and druid do sh** for damage in Wow for example. So as a Sage.... I can do okay damage especially when combined with pet? Is a Sage hard to kill?

Thanks. So would it be like a holy/disc priest in Wow? I ask because.... resto shaman and druid do sh** for damage in Wow for example. So as a Sage.... I can do okay damage especially when combined with pet? Is a Sage hard to kill?
    Most classes have utility to survive 1v1 with cc and shielding and all (other than Sentinel/Marauder ). It's like a mix of a priest and a mage I'd say. You have shields and heals and then you have your ranged casts. You have a few dots, and a big cast and all. Not quite clear cut class match but a mix. The same goes for pretty much every class in SWTOR. Also I think the Smuggler/Imperial Agent if you choose Scoundrel/Operative advanced classes is like a resto druid and a rogue mixed. You get HoTs and stealth. You have a backstab, a sleep dart which is like sap. Really fun class to play. I just started another one with a friend but as a Smuggler this time instead of an Agent and it's just as fun. I think those 2 have the best class stories in the game so far.

Most classes have utility to survive 1v1 with cc and shielding and all (other than Sentinel/Marauder ). It's like a mix of a priest and a mage I'd say. You have shields and heals and then you have your ranged casts. You have a few dots, and a big cast and all. Not quite clear cut class match but a mix. The same goes for pretty much every class in SWTOR. Also I think the Smuggler/Imperial Agent if you choose Scoundrel/Operative advanced classes is like a resto druid and a rogue mixed. You get HoTs and stealth. You have a backstab, a sleep dart which is like sap. Really fun class to play. I just started another one with a friend but as a Smuggler this time instead of an Agent and it's just as fun. I think those 2 have the best class stories in the game so far.
    Oh wow! If I want a class like a Warlock that does sick dot/caster damage.... and a little self heal/heal ability.. what mix would you recommend? Affliction lock was my second fav class.

Got it from Gamestop! Also got the 25 dollar, huge strategy guide. I still need help on the class selection though Clipse! Need a dot class/caster!

I think I'm gonna try Sage first. Any of you guys try light side and dark side? Preferences? Does it at least do a good of of making bad side not seem bad? Like horde on wow? Or is it truly an evil side?

I think I'm gonna try Sage first. Any of you guys try light side and dark side? Preferences? Does it at least do a good of of making bad side not seem bad? Like horde on wow? Or is it truly an evil side?
    I have a 25 Jedi Sentinel and I'm leveling a 16 Smuggler Scoundrel on The Maw if you want to play over here. Pvp server. I'm fully light side Jedi and my Smuggler is evil as I can be because you're really sarcastic and it's funny.

Consular is the class for caster. Sage is the spec to heal or caster dps.

I have a 25 Jedi Sentinel and I'm leveling a 16 Smuggler Scoundrel on The Maw if you want to play over here. Pvp server. I'm fully light side Jedi and my Smuggler is evil as I can be because you're really sarcastic and it's funny.

Consular is the class for caster. Sage is the spec to heal or caster dps.
    Yea I already narrowed it down to the Inquisitor or the Consular about an hour ago. I think I'll go with Sage. How strong is healing for Sage?

Yea I already narrowed it down to the Inquisitor or the Consular about an hour ago. I think I'll go with Sage. How strong is healing for Sage?
    Have not played a Sage. But Inquisitor healing is strong. It's the same thing pretty much.

Well if you want to kill people, and be the bad guy go Sith. If you want to play the hero or the "good guy" go Jedi. Whatever you do DO not try to be a bad jedi or good sith, there's badass armor you can't wear because of your light side / dark side points.

Sage isn' too shabby, I did enjoy playing it, but stopped due to enjoying my Sith Imperial agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pra
    Well if you want to kill people, and be the bad guy go Sith. If you want to play the hero or the "good guy" go Jedi. Whatever you do DO not try to be a bad jedi or good sith, there's badass armor you can't wear because of your light side / dark side points.

Sage isn' too shabby, I did enjoy playing it, but stopped due to enjoying my Sith Imperial agent.
    You can always wear the Darkside armor...as a bad jedi. I'm playing a straight evil smuggler wearing the Dark gear. Pretty sure the stats are the same although I haven't checked.