Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Basketball Diary

Just finished playing 5 on 5 games. My team won 42-34.

Banned

played some 5 on 5 yesterday, lost 34-42

I am practicing my 3 points shooting. I memorize the spots. Gonna upload a picture and video of me practicing my 3 points shooting.

Banned

I took some video of me playing today, at one point I hit twenty four 3s in a row, had the camera framed up perfectly and everything too but then I got jumped and somebody took the camera, I begged them to leave me the memory card but that just made him beat me worse. I woke up in a hospital with some cracked ribs and a broken orbital bone in my face. My head hurts so bad. I'm posting from my iphone that didn't get stolen cause I kept it in my ass cheeks

NBA Superstar

I'm living vicariously through my little brother at the moment. His team moved to 10-1 last night with a victory over the no. 9 team in the state. They have a tough stretch coming up (a few more runs against state-ranked opponents) so I trust the lofty record won't stand, but it's been a nice start regardless. http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/ne...er-lincoln/#/0

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'm living vicariously through my little brother at the moment. His team moved to 10-1 last night with a victory over the no. 9 team in the state. They have a tough stretch coming up (a few more runs against state-ranked opponents) so I trust the lofty record won't stand, but it's been a nice start regardless. http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/ne...er-lincoln/#/0
    congrats to your brother Rake!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    congrats to your brother Rake!
    Ha, thank you. They've got a tough road ahead of them, including a back-to-back against good teams on Monday and Tuesday, so we'll see what happens.

National High School Star

Nice work Rake, I know the feeling a little bit, even though there's only 3 years between me and my bro, and we play on the same team.

I often teach him no things, and when he scores a bucket, I feel like it was me haha

Morning all,

Had our next game for my social league Tuesday comp. Last game of grading. We had an unlucky draw and were against a team who I've played many times previously but never beaten.

Bit of background, first time I played them was a few years ago, I had an amazing game, but no one else on my team showed up. This team get's you unfocussed cause they complain a lot... and I mean a lot.
    Also, they are somehow friends with all the refs, if I was a ref, I would start handing out techs left and right. They talk to the refs like shit, but cause their friends, it's like meh.

The last time we played this team was in my social mixed league on Sunday night. They were complaining at every call, like normal, even the calls in their favour. At halftime I had just had enough, we were done by 5, but in a mixed social league where the result doesn't matter, I just couldn't be bothered. So when we took the floor again, they were still sooking, So I just said to their guys "stop bitching and play the damn game."
    I said it a few times, until one of them approached me and asked why I have to be such a smart arse, I just repeated "stop sooking & play the game."
    He then lowered his shoulder into me with force. I laughed and he got ejected. They won, but it would have been an empty win.

So we ended up playing them last night, just to add, we were missing our leading scorer PF and our C. One to injury, the other to work.
    So there we are, only me and my bro have any confidence with the ball.
    Immediately they started complaining, say we were pushing back on box outs, elbowing etc. None of which is true.

Cause we were successfully boxing them out and keeping the score close, they didn't even attempt for rebounds, just run full stem into our players in the back. Yeah we got the foul. But I started asking to ref to protect our players, levelling someone who is stationary from behind has to be un-sportsman foul I thought. But, seeing as they were friends with the refs, it lead to nothing. This game I purely focussed on moving the ball, and getting the team moving the ball too.

First my brother fouled out on a questionable foul call, then we lost another guard with 5 minutes left, leaving us 4 vs 5. unfortunately none of my other team mates were focussed and I was left guarding the whole top of the key by myself. I was telling one to step up and play box, but they were just looking blank. We lost in the end but we played well.
    We didn't complain once and stayed focussed, even after the win, they were still complaining.

It leads me to question, what sort of life outside of ball do they have, they all seem like the lower dregs of society. How can they have fun playing ball when they bring so much disrespect to the game, and how can the refs still be friends with them when they get treated like dirt?

Either way, I don't believe we will have to play them again, hopefully not anyway.

Until probably next week

NBA Superstar

I'm feeling like Nostradamus at the moment. After their huge win last Friday, my brother's team lost back-to-back games this past Monday and Tuesday (Monday was a makeup game for a snow date). Last night a feller from the other squad, committed to play football at Eastern Michigan next year, dropped 30 points and 26 rebounds against my brother. Crazy.

Their conference is kind of nuts at this point. They have four teams ranked in the state top 20 (including my brother's team, at no. 19, before the losses) and likely five in the top 25. They're all just taking turns beating up on each other right now. It's like a high school version of the Big10.

Banned

my left hand is a major issue, not in the sense of dribbling or laying up or anything, I just mean, what's the deal with it? It's like a retarded version of my good hand. keep up lefty, you're holding me back cuz

Banned

nice! love that. you're like the older brother in hoop dreams. keep us updated

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Morning all,

Had our next game for my social league Tuesday comp. Last game of grading. We had an unlucky draw and were against a team who I've played many times previously but never beaten.

Bit of background, first time I played them was a few years ago, I had an amazing game, but no one else on my team showed up. This team get's you unfocussed cause they complain a lot... and I mean a lot.
    Also, they are somehow friends with all the refs, if I was a ref, I would start handing out techs left and right. They talk to the refs like shit, but cause their friends, it's like meh.

The last time we played this team was in my social mixed league on Sunday night. They were complaining at every call, like normal, even the calls in their favour. At halftime I had just had enough, we were done by 5, but in a mixed social league where the result doesn't matter, I just couldn't be bothered. So when we took the floor again, they were still sooking, So I just said to their guys "stop bitching and play the damn game."
    I said it a few times, until one of them approached me and asked why I have to be such a smart arse, I just repeated "stop sooking & play the game."
    He then lowered his shoulder into me with force. I laughed and he got ejected. They won, but it would have been an empty win.

So we ended up playing them last night, just to add, we were missing our leading scorer PF and our C. One to injury, the other to work.
    So there we are, only me and my bro have any confidence with the ball.
    Immediately they started complaining, say we were pushing back on box outs, elbowing etc. None of which is true.

Cause we were successfully boxing them out and keeping the score close, they didn't even attempt for rebounds, just run full stem into our players in the back. Yeah we got the foul. But I started asking to ref to protect our players, levelling someone who is stationary from behind has to be un-sportsman foul I thought. But, seeing as they were friends with the refs, it lead to nothing. This game I purely focussed on moving the ball, and getting the team moving the ball too.

First my brother fouled out on a questionable foul call, then we lost another guard with 5 minutes left, leaving us 4 vs 5. unfortunately none of my other team mates were focussed and I was left guarding the whole top of the key by myself. I was telling one to step up and play box, but they were just looking blank. We lost in the end but we played well.
    We didn't complain once and stayed focussed, even after the win, they were still complaining.

It leads me to question, what sort of life outside of ball do they have, they all seem like the lower dregs of society. How can they have fun playing ball when they bring so much disrespect to the game, and how can the refs still be friends with them when they get treated like dirt?

Either way, I don't believe we will have to play them again, hopefully not anyway.

Until probably next week

sometimes that confidence will carry you, other times it's not enough.

Learning to shoot layups Diegio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Just finished playing 5 on 5 games. My team won 42-34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Thorton
    played some 5 on 5 yesterday, lost 34-42

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thorton
    I took some video of me playing today, at one point I hit twenty four 3s in a row, had the camera framed up perfectly and everything too but then I got jumped and somebody took the camera, I begged them to leave me the memory card but that just made him beat me worse. I woke up in a hospital with some cracked ribs and a broken orbital bone in my face. My head hurts so bad. I'm posting from my iphone that didn't get stolen cause I kept it in my ass cheeks

Don't worry bout Al, he's trying to be funny. We all have to start somewhere.