Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Default Re: The Official Starcraft 2 Thread

Some fun commentary from comedian Duncan Trussell

Duncan 1
    I think they should remove Protoss from the game completely and just have Terran and Zerg and let's be adults about this game

If we ever do this again, no more Protoss winning. Let's not do that, it's very similar to showing what would have had happened if the Nazi's had won.I don't want to see it

Duncan 2 (Intro is hilarious)

No one ever named Schnieder has ever beaten a Korean.

Hellbats are so incredibly OP, yet in the latest patch they made no mention of nerfing it.

Banned

you know a unit is good when it can both be repaired and healed

hellbat will be changed i anticipate. blizzard usually gives players/metagame a chance to adjust, but i think it has to get changed before official release

although beta is ending soon, they should change it soon... :s

on the subject of hellbats, david kim just posted this about hellbats about an hour ago
    We're hearing your feedback on Hellbat drops being overpowered. We've also been watching all the tournament games and as many highest level pro streams as possible.

They're really powerful, but we're still seeing a lot of players who really haven't had the time to learn to deal with them yet.

For example, in last week's MLG qualifier matches, a top end korean Zerg player lost 3 of 4 matches just to Hellbat drops. However, in this specific series, we were definitely seeing flaws in play. The Zerg player had roaches in 1 single ball and moved to defend vs. each dropship coming into multiple locations. Against this type of Zerg defense, just the normal Marine drops would have done just as much damage.

If a nerf is needed, we'd probably increase the cargo space on Hellbats to 4 so that we can only affect this specific scenario. We'll do our best to determine what's correct for this strategy, but please remember we're looking into every major community concern and carefully analyzing them.
    Last edited by jaydacris; 02-11-2013 at 02:06 PM.

I just logged into my battlenet account for the first time in who knows how long and I find out that I have had the beta??!! I never knew!
    Downloading now.

If they say that a normal marine drop wouldve done as much damage then how come pros cant adjust to it like a marine drop?

Because you can't use lings to defend it, not to mention with the medivac boost you will never be able to actually kill the drop.

I recently pre ordered the beta but they didn't give me a beta bey

not one bumped the thread for HOTS release?

Well im 16 missions into the campaign and i gotta say i thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

Hots is fantastic so far and went better than probably anyone expected. 21hour launch chain events was damn good and launch it self went smoothly. MLG was fantastic breaking viewer records aswell, hots competetive play already looks better than wol and it just got out, so excited to play it.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Some fun commentary from comedian Duncan Trussell

Duncan 1

Duncan 2 (Intro is hilarious)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Looking at the size of this thread I'm moderately impressed.

I feel as though I should update it today.

I haven't been into the scene as much and still don't actually own HotS.

I removed tournaments that no longer exist such as IPTL, Assembly, and MLG Arenas.

There is a large announcement happening at 7pm pacific tonight that will reveal what is being rumored as a copy of Riot's LCS that they do for LoL. Regional play will be promoted and focus on the Korean e-sports scene will apparently be better.

We'll see exactly what is going down and how things will change.

If you guys have any suggestions as to how I could update/upgrade the first two posts let me know. I'm thinking of turning the tournament winning thing into one big picture through photoshop that I'd update, rather than using text/images in a kind of weird mashup. Otherwise I need to think of good ways to include more websites and content and whatnot.

Banned

warhound april fools joke was annoying!
    but glad its over

interested to hear the details on blizzard announcement today

im leaning more towards liking what im hearing so far in regards to the rumors. hope all goes well.

Ok that's huge, + they promsied to have even higher prize pools for 2014. Wonder how many koreans will apply for NA and EU divisions

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Ok that's huge, + they promsied to have even higher prize pools for 2014. Wonder how many koreans will apply for NA and EU divisions
    maybe that would encourage all the pros still playing BW to come over to sc2 finally and we get to see the full extend of what this game could possibly be.

maybe that would encourage all the pros still playing BW to come over to sc2 finally and we get to see the full extend of what this game could possibly be.
    who playing BW still needs to make the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    warhound april fools joke was annoying!
    but glad its over

interested to hear the details on blizzard announcement today

im leaning more towards liking what im hearing so far in regards to the rumors. hope all goes well.
    esplain

[COLOR="White"]/hispanic accent[/COLOR]