Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Default Re: Is Texas the best state in the US to live in?

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    Born and raised in Midland. I only pass through Big Spring traveling to or from Midland to or from the Dallas area.

Its nothing like a big city area like Dallas or Houston. Its not a place you'd go on vacation or even close. Someone that went to Midland or Big Spring on vacation definitely has family there. Midlands a great place to raise a family, though, and I wouldn't rather have been raised elsewhere.

I thought this was funny though I'm not sure why death is there
    West Texas is boring mostly, but I personally thought Amarillo was a nice town & Big Texan Streak Ranch is really good.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    West Texas is boring mostly, but I personally thought Amarillo was a nice town & Big Texan Streak Ranch is really good.
    Yea, i'm a fan of areas smaller than Dallas or Houston. I have no memory of amarillo but I'm pretty sure I've been. They were trying to get their school in the same district as ours which would have been a ridiculous drive for high school sports. Texas is huge. Midland is a 9 hour drive from Houston, 6 hours from Dallas, 4 hours from amarillo, 5 hours to El Paso and 6 hours to San antonio.. and El Paso and Houston are the only of those that are on the outskirts of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    dallas, houston, austin, and san antonio (our 4 largest cities) all voted democratic. the hispanic population is exploding here and we all know they are leaning democratic. again, texas will be a battleground state eventually.
    It won't if the GOP gets it's act together. Hispanics are heavily christian and religious but the GOP's image right now is that of a "white party"

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    texas is not as racist as people assume
    perhaps not, but it is still very racist. I have been to very few restaurants, even in alabama, that were still spatially segregated. I have been in several in texas. There is a palpable racial tension in many work settings as well IMO. I am glad to be out of texas after nearly a decade there. Sure, I miss some things, but I dont miss most of it. Not just the racism. very closeminded people in much of rural texas and the most hypocritical and idiotic governor, schoolboard, etc in the country.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    west texas is only boring if you are boring.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    perhaps not, but it is still very racist. I have been to very few restaurants, even in alabama, that were still spatially segregated. I have been in several in texas. There is a palpable racial tension in many work settings as well IMO. I am glad to be out of texas after nearly a decade there. Sure, I miss some things, but I dont miss most of it. Not just the racism. very closeminded people in much of rural texas and the most hypocritical and idiotic governor, schoolboard, etc in the country.
    wtf...I've never seen anything to suggest Texas has more racial tension than any other state...

you must be talking about outside the major cities...

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

America's 10 Most Segregated Cities
    ^^^No Texas city to be found there...

How Racist Are We? Ask Google
    ^^^ racism by google search
    The state with the highest racially charged search rate in the country was West Virginia. Other areas with high percentages included western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, upstate New York and southern Mississippi.
    Race War in America: Study Names 10 Most Racist States- Libs. Centrists, and Cons= all Racist.
    ^^^
    Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina, Alabama, and New Jersey. Yes, in our travels we noticed these states are very Racist against Blacks. It's like the Whites in these states are adamant that Blacks need to take a back seat in running the country, and our turn- like we are "Good little Monkeys." The Whites in these states have an obvious problem against Blacks, and we expect these states to be quite bloody in the coming Race Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    This is true, it will be the end of the republican party (in its current form at least), as a party with a legitimate chance at the presidency.

There cannot be that many Germans.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaq2000
    There cannot be that many Germans.
    I'm pretty sure that most White Americans today are of primarily German descent.

Good High School Starter Saintsfan1992's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Hey man we took yo bitch ass displaced ass and gave you shelter. Show some respect you interloper
    Nigga I took that shit from u cowards.

95% of yall ain't made for that lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan1992
    Fuck Texas

especially Houston
    Watch yo mouth dreaded nigha.

Us Houston nighas ws civil to t'all punk asses and y'all tried to takes over ... tried. We kicked you the fck and and y'all tried to set up shop in Dallas.

Banned

How diverse is Texas? I've been in Cali and talk to a lot of people in Cali and it seems like the diversity in Cali is the best. You'll see all types of interracial relationships (white male/asian female, asian male/white female, hispanic female/asian male, etc.) and all types of races just about everywhere you look.

How is it down in Texas, specifically the major cities, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worthy, etc.?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    How diverse is Texas? I've been in Cali and talk to a lot of people in Cali and it seems like the diversity in Cali is the best. You'll see all types of interracial relationships (white male/asian female, asian male/white female, hispanic female/asian male, etc.) and all types of races just about everywhere you look.

How is it down in Texas, specifically the major cities, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worthy, etc.?
    RG, you're funny.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    RG, you're funny.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=238892

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

Cali is probably the most diverse place in the world. Lived there 5+ years.

Texas is the most self-contained state in the country. It is literally recession-proof. An outstanding place to live.