Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

Default Re: What is the easiest Olympic sport?

You can probably go from "noob" to "good" at any sport in a short amount of time. Its the jump from "good" to "elite" that separates olympic athletes from the rest of us. So yeah, sorry you're out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Handball

Team sport for retards that requires hardly any skill

Also horse dressage seems pretty weak. They just go into a square and trot around slowly, then tip their hat and get scored by judges. Lame.
    crap i forgot about handball. That's definitely it. It's a playground game

Quote Originally Posted by LuppersGB
    A GB athlete in Athens won gold in rowing then got bored and took up track cycling and won gold in Beijing. So it is possible to pick up a sport to Olympic level in 4yrs
    Right, but this is an example of an already elite athlete doing it and picking too sports that require great aerobic capacity and leg strength.

Erik Heiden in the US became a pro cyclist after being the best speed skater in the world.

But just looking at the guy could tell you, his legs would be a pretty powerful engine.

Flea
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Anyone here really thinks that you could become at olympic level in any sport in just 2 months? It takes years!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    Anyone here really thinks that you could become at olympic level in any sport in just 2 months? It takes years!
    Handball-I am 6'1 above average athlete. No doubt in my mind I could make the USA handball team if I spent a year or 2 trying to.

That sport is retardedly simple.

Flea

Handball-I am 6'1 above average athlete. No doubt in my mind I could make the USA handball team if I spent a year or 2 trying to.

That sport is retardedly simple.
    You can become good at it...
    But become as good to make an olympics team for USA.. no way... you need at least 4 years, and be really talented in sports...

Banned

You can become good at it...
    But become as good to make an olympics team for USA.. no way... you need at least 4 years, and be really talented in sports...
    No talent is required to play handball.

Man imagine if usa basketball decided to play this sht just for giggles

Flea

You surely havent played handball against good opponents in your life.

Nick, i bet you read that Bill Simmons article about handball and that's why you are implicating with the sport.

I can say this, you/i/anyone here can't even play against womens in handball you don't know how crazy it is until you play at good level.

Banned

You surely havent played handball against good opponents in your life.
    That's because in America, no one who is a good athlete would degrade themselves enough to decide to specialize in this garbage dumpster level sport.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Nick, i bet you read that Bill Simmons article about handball and that's why you are implicating with the sport.

I can say this, you/i/anyone here can't even play against womens in handball you don't know how crazy it is until you play at good level.
    I don't read Bill Simmons but I bet that article does nothing but state the same thing every other American who watches handball can see. Gonna google that shit.

Please tell me what is so crazy about this sport. It is a normal baseball throw. The goal is gigantic, the defenders hardly do anything, they just pass around the perimeter til someone decides to jump into the defense-you don't need any speed or quickness to succeed-why is it so hard?

I don't read Bill Simmons but I bet that article does nothing but state the same thing every other American who watches handball can see. Gonna google that shit.

Please tell me what is so crazy about this sport. It is a normal baseball throw. The goal is gigantic, the defenders hardly do anything, they just pass around the perimeter til someone decides to jump into the defense-you don't need any speed or quickness to succeed-why is it so hard?
    I'm not even defending the sport because it's good in my country, because we aren't

The goal is not gigantic, it's not like soccer. The goalie can cover most of the angles.
    You need A LOT of lateral quickness, a LOT of strenght to pass the defenders and you need to jump a lot to surpase a 6'6 guys trying to block your shoots.
    For the guys that play in the lateral, you can't imagine how little are the angles that they have to shot. They work a lot of plyometrics to stay in air for a long time to create a better angle to score.
    Most of times they stop you with fouls (guys 6'5 210), not some pus"ies).

That's because in America, no one who is a good athlete would degrade themselves enough to decide to specialize in this garbage dumpster level sport.
    You can say that about people playing baseball in Europe

Everyone here is jumping to the defense of every single sport mentioned saying "it takes years to perfect!". But the thread isn't "what is a simple sport?", it's "what is the EASIEST" olympic sport.

If you have a man with $1 billion, a man with $100 billion and a man with $500 billion and you said "who is the poorest out of all those men?", the answer is the man with $1 billion. That's not to say he's poor by everyday standards, but considering the alternatives, he's the poorest in regards to that question.

There has to be an answer. Yes, Fencing at an olympic level is difficult. But one of the sports has to be the LEAST difficult. Which is more difficult? Gymnastics or handball? I'm sorry, but the answer is handball, no matter how hard it is to be a pro at.

Nobody here aside from the OP and the ever confident Bruinlove, are saying they could dominate the sports mentioned. They're just saying that compared to the other sports, they're the easiest.