Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: 66% of NBA GMs call Kobe the best shooting guard in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Not really. His legacy is already set, but that doesn't mean he can't move up.

He definitely goes up on the list if he wins a ring this year averaging somewhere around 25-5-5. Probably to about 5 or so on my list.
    Can he move down if he underachieves?

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Can he move down if he underachieves?
    No. He has nothing left to prove.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Not really. His legacy is already set, but that doesn't mean he can't move up.

He definitely goes up on the list if he wins a ring this year averaging somewhere around 25-5-5. Probably to about 5 or so on my list.
    I don't understand this.. Lebron averages better numbers than that on the Heat and carries them to a championship, yet most Laker fans will tell you he can't move up the GOAT lists because he went to play with Wade/Bosh.. yet Kobe is playing with the best center in the league (top 3-4 player) and a still excellent (top 10) point guard, yet his accomplishments somehow still add to his legacy?

I'm not particularly saying that's you (I don't know your stance on Lebron), but a view many Laker fans seem to share.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    I don't understand this.. Lebron averages better numbers than that on the Heat and carries them to a championship, yet most Laker fans will tell you he can't move up the GOAT lists because he went to play with Wade/Bosh.. yet Kobe is playing with the best center in the league (top 3-4 player) and a still excellent (top 10) point guard, yet his accomplishments somehow still add to his legacy?

I'm not particularly saying that's you (I don't know your stance on Lebron), but a view many Laker fans seem to share.
    I don't share that view about Lebron, so this is irrelevant to me.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

No. He has nothing left to prove.
    Well that's physically impossible. Say this team fails cause he chucks them out because he won't relinquish the ball that should be a knock against him and lower him. He can't only go up he's either irrelevant to them winning the title and won't move up, or he's liable if its his fault (not saying them losing is his fault it just could be a cause)

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Ya, i just thought of the worst managed teams in the league. I forgot about Riley though, Im sure he voted for Wade.
    Naw Riley knows the deal. He recognizes greatness when he sees it. I can see the raptors(still sore from 81) kings(bitches) rockets(omg metrics!) Voting for wade for sure. Throw in Denver too well cuz we all know what happened in Denver......

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Considering how Bryant plays to get that 6th ring, backed up with solid numbers in the regular season, playoffs, and finals... he should get Top 5 discussion ?
    I believe so. If Jordan, Wilt, Russell and Kareem are generally viewed as top 4( in whatever order), we're going to have to seriously consider putting Kobe over Magic and Bird. A few years ago this may have been unfathomable and I know that those 'Mount Rushmore' players I mentioned earlier are untouchable in many people's eyes, but when you look at Kobe's talent and body of work, he HAS to be in top 5 discussion if he plays well en-route to another title or two. I'm not one of these people who thinks 'if he gets ring number 6, THEN.....no. If it was about rings, Russell would be the unquestioned GOAT. It's the total package, and Kobe deserves to be in the conversation.

its a new season.

how do u know Kobe isnt just going to fall off like crazy.

Didn't GMs pick Iverson over Brandon Roy before the 2009 season started?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I believe so. If Jordan, Wilt, Russell and Kareem are generally viewed as top 4( in whatever order), we're going to have to seriously consider putting Kobe over Magic and Bird. A few years ago this may have been unfathomable and I know that those 'Mount Rushmore' players I mentioned earlier are untouchable in many people's eyes, but when you look at Kobe's talent and body of work, he HAS to be in top 5 discussion if he plays well en-route to another title or two. I'm not one of these people who thinks 'if he gets ring number 6, THEN.....no. If it was about rings, Russell would be the unquestioned GOAT. It's the total package, and Kobe deserves to be in the conversation.
    i would lick that ass on your avy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    i would lick that ass on your avy
    Not before me

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Not before me
    i would drown my face between those cheeks until a suffocate

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Well that's physically impossible. Say this team fails cause he chucks them out because he won't relinquish the ball that should be a knock against him and lower him. He can't only go up he's either irrelevant to them winning the title and won't move up, or he's liable if its his fault (not saying them losing is his fault it just could be a cause)

That's like saying MJ's return with the Wizards could have knocked him down. At this point Kobe's in the clear unless something happens that takes away from what he already did. Like say he got busted for steroids or he got caught paying off officials or something. People have been saying he was over the hill since before the 2nd batch of titles. Here he is gunning for a 3rd. He's already gone longer at a higher level than almost anybody, how are some bad years at the end going to damage his legacy. Aside from giving haters ammo I suppose. But to the people that matter it's not going to move him down. He's pretty much just stacking bonuses at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    That's like saying MJ's return with the Wizards could have knocked him down. At this point Kobe's in the clear unless something happens that takes away from what he already did. Like say he got busted for steroids or he got caught paying off officials or something. People have been saying he was over the hill since before the 2nd batch of titles. Here he is gunning for a 3rd. He's already gone longer at a higher level than almost anybody, how are some bad years at the end going to damage his legacy. Aside from giving haters ammo I suppose. But to the people that matter it's not going to move him down. He's pretty much just stacking bonuses at this point.
    I heard that German knee procedure includes using the souls of murdered babies. Does that count?