Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Should you or should you not whoop your kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    nah i didn't get any whoopings since my last thread. it was just on my mind. if my dad ever found out what that show was about i'd seriously fear for my life.
    You're 15 right? When do you think you'll be able to take the old man? Have you tried yet? The future is now.

If you don't give your kid a smack every now and again for being naughty you either a) aren't a parent or b) now have a disrespectful terd for a child.

Banned

I think if I didn't get spankings I'd have felt more confident in myself. Like not have terrible self confidence. I'm better than I used to be though.
    Stand up for yourself, you'll gain confidence. Kick the crap out of the old man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    It sounds great in theory. Every parent wishes that were the case, but unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way.

Hopefully it does, not saying it doesn't. I'm also not saying that I want to spank my kids, I don't think parents want to do that.

But kids are kids and a stern voice won't always work. At times you're gonna have to spank or even beat them for THEIR OWN GOOD.

I've seen this shit for far too long, been around all sorts of parents, all sorts of families. They may have a child that doesn't need physical discipline, while the same parents under the same conditions have another kid that NEEDS to be whooped or they won't listen. Eventually the whooping isn't needed anymore and they understand authority.

But it IS needed from time to time unfortunately.
    Physical violence to a child is never needed. Beating a child is a copout for the parent's lack of parenting skills during an early age. Those are the parents who thinks It's cute or funny for their 2 yr old to scream expletives. Or hang around horrible influences. That's why there's a fight against child abuse and hotlines for abused children.

Imagine how it looks if someone you love is physically abusing you non stop forcing you to cry in pain? It's just as bad as the US and It's interrogation program. It's despicable.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rick James
    Physical violence to a child is never needed. Beating a child is a copout for the parent's lack of parenting skills during an early age. Those are the parents who thinks It's cute or funny for their 2 yr old to scream expletives. Or hang around horrible influences. That's why there's a fight against child abuse and hotlines for abused children.

Imagine how it looks if someone you love is physically abusing you non stop forcing you to cry in pain? It's just as bad as the US and It's interrogation program. It's despicable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Expected response from a child abuser.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

me and my siblings all received whoopings and we all turned out fine. I see kids tell their parents to "shut up" sometimes.

Man i would never have DREAMED of telling my parents to "shut up" or talk back to them in any sort of disrespectful manner.

I think there is a fine line between a whooping and child abuse.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

nah i didn't get any whoopings since my last thread. it was just on my mind. if my dad ever found out what that show was about i'd seriously fear for my life.
    What's it about?

I never understood that sh*t and i see ppl with avatars of it from time to time.

It's like ninja shit isn't it? Why is that so bad?

shhhhhhh

Each kid is different. I have 3

The oldest you just have to look at her and she's apologizing, hell she rats herself out. lol

The middle one is more difficult with her learning disability. That's on a whole other level of how you get your point across and it changes daily.

The youngest is stubborn, she gets the occasional swat on the butt just to get her attention, then we talk about it. She'll knowingly push and push until she pisses you off. My dad calls her his avenging grandchild, she's the one who's here onearht to put me through the same thing I put my parents through... ha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    What's it about?

I never understood that sh*t and i see ppl with avatars of it from time to time.

It's like ninja shit isn't it? Why is that so bad?
    Nahhhh, the shit he doesn't want his dad to see is not ninja stuff. Google "oreimo"

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Each kid is different. I have 3

The oldest you just have to look at her and she's apologizing, hell she rats herself out. lol

The middle one is more difficult with her learning disability. That's on a whole other level of how you get your point across and it changes daily.

The youngest is stubborn, she gets the occasional swat on the butt just to get her attention, then we talk about it. She'll knowingly push and push until she pisses you off. My dad calls her his avenging grandchild, she's the one who's here onearht to put me through the same thing I put my parents through... ha
    I think that's true. Some kids can't learn anything unless they get the sht kicked out of them I guess.

I got beats and looking back I deserved them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    I got beats and looking back I deserved them.
    Solos or pros? I've been looking to get a pair for a while now and what to know what their like.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

You have to establish levels of punishment. If you think simple time outs and getting loud with a child is going to turn them straight, you have another thing coming. That shit will not work with a kid. Whooping is a necessary punishment for extreme behavior. The problem is when a whooping turns into a beating, or when kids are getting whooped for minor offenses.

Maybe it's just me, but the current generation of parents seem so soft. Go any place where you'll find kids and they're all disrespectful little brats. It seems like hearing an 8 year old back talk his mom and receive absolutely no backlash is so common that it's the norm now. You pretty much expect it.

Banned

I think that's true. Some kids can't learn anything unless they get the sht kicked out of them I guess.
    Some kids are stupid and benefit from the occasional smack on the backside. You are obviously not one of these kids. Your dad really shouldn't hit you.

Solos or pros? I've been looking to get a pair for a while now and what to know what their like.