Thread: Hey, Thorpe

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default Hey, Thorpe

What's your opinion on game of the year up to this point?
    I'm asking you this question because our taste is disturbingly similar (both prefer single player to online, and love ND & R*).

I'm assuming it's between GTA V, TLoU & BioShock: Infinite.
    I'm asking you this because perhaps I missed some great single-player games this year and perhaps you can shed some light on the issue.

If those three games are your choices as well, rank them and name 3-4 other games you really enjoyed this year.

I'm assuming since Watch Dogs isn't coming out this year; the only other games that could challenge for GOTY would be Batman Origins and Assassin's Creed: Blackflag. Are there any other games I'm unaware of that's coming out in the Fall of 2013?

Thanks bro.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Hey, Thorpe

I don't have a ton to add. I honestly don't play that much stuff each year. I pretty much know which AAA titles I want, and get them every year, so I'm looking at probably 3 - 6 games a year.

I tried Dead Space 3 this, and it was awfull. Like I didn't finish it awfull, which rarely happens.

I absolutely loved the Tomb Raider reboot, which has a lot of reskinned Uncharted elements to it, and did some fresh stuff. I honestly don't even remember if that was this year or last, but if you haven't played it, it's right up our alley.

Gun to my head, I'd call The Last of Us GOTY. I haven't finished GTAV yet. But that to me is a little damning in and of itself. I play, and don't have the burning urge to continue along the plot. The map is incredible, and it's got more of the patented humor than IV. I don't play multiplayer, so I don't know if that helps or hurts my judgement of the game. I can't be blown away by it, but I also can't be horribly dissapointed by the bugs.

The freshness and tightness of TLoU experience to me was amazing. I know it was short. I know it didn't have the multiplayer experience. I know it's not the achievement of the living breathing world that San Andreas is, which is just incredible.
    But for the things I care most about in my gaming experience, a fresh experience and well thought out narrative. It was just too good to pass up on. They knew what they wanted to do, and did it to the tits.

Damn imagine they invented personal messages on forums, how sick would that be?

Rayman Legends and Ni no Kuni round off my top 5 this year

Wish someone asked me about my opinion......

Quote Originally Posted by Biggums
    what are your thoughts on dark souls 2 coming out next spring? ps4 or xbox one? ain't it some bullshiet that the graphics for the next gen consoles for 2k14 look awesome, but us pc dudes have to settle with the current gen console port.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

How dare you all enter this thread when it clearly wasn't meant for you?!?

Ah, damn.

Banned

Hi, I'm here for the gangbang

National High School Star

Came here expecting boobs, little disappointed...

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Awe, I didn't mean to single anyone out.
    You guys are free to let me know of any big games coming out this year and which game you liked more between GTA/TLoU.

Yeah Thorpe, Dead Space 3 was shit. I actually beat it because I was waiting for it to get better and it never did.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I mean alright man I thought I had some good opinions but whatever man. The only thing anybody ask me is where the bathroom at?

The Last of Us is still quite easily the GOTY imo.

Also, I'd look out for Killzone: Shadow Fall if you're getting a PS4. It looks incredible. Might be a late entry in the GOTY conversation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biggums

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    The Last of Us is still quite easily the GOTY imo.

Also, I'd look out for Killzone: Shadow Fall if you're getting a PS4. It looks incredible. Might be a late entry in the GOTY conversation.
    I'm going with Last of Us for GOTY. Yeah it was a little short, But it's also the first game that's shook me like it has. First game I've ever been so scared I just started running in circles - [COLOR="White"]being in the basement of that hotel by yourself.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="white"]And when that black kid died and the events following, I was like... Damn. Like the fact you knew he was turning but there's nothing you can do about it. And Tess as well. Just damn. I honestly sat there quite, or the whole ordeal with David... Or the events at the school or through the suburbs or sewer.[/COLOR]

So many great moments, too many to name. Just the whole game.

Nothing in GTA V had me sitting watching & playing intently, [COLOR="white"]perhaps maybe only on the heist through the burning building.[/COLOR]

I can't really say anything about Killzone, Didn't really like the earlier ones, so haven't looked into this one.

TLoU
    Beyond: Two Souls
    Tomb Raider
    GTAV5
    Last edited by konex; 11-10-2013 at 01:47 AM.