Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

Not even a great deal. I'm sure he could make more playing in the NBA.

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Not even a great deal. I'm sure he could make more playing in the NBA.
    I doubt it, he's a 2-3 million at best.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

http://www.marca.com/2011/07/05/balo...309843389.html

Rudy Fernandez made his decision: He's staying in the NBA. The Spanish guard will honor his contract with Dallas and then he will decide what to do with his career.

Just back from Paris after a conversation with his agent, Rudy Fernandez made the decision. He stays in the NBA.

The Spaniard will meet in Dallas forward the year of his contract left and then decide what to do with his career.

Real Madrid, who was well positioned to meet their recruitment must wait another season to try his signing. So Rudy's approach to early July.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    http://www.marca.com/2011/07/05/balo...309843389.html

Rudy Fernandez made his decision: He's staying in the NBA. The Spanish guard will honor his contract with Dallas and then he will decide what to do with his career.

Just back from Paris after a conversation with his agent, Rudy Fernandez made the decision. He stays in the NBA.

The Spaniard will meet in Dallas forward the year of his contract left and then decide what to do with his career.

Real Madrid, who was well positioned to meet their recruitment must wait another season to try his signing. So Rudy's approach to early July.
    Great news. Rudy was very excited to be traded to Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Remember that Rudy was the ACB MVP in his last year at Badalona.
    He's a top 20, to maybe a top 15 player in Europe. Not more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by brain drain
    Are you sure about that?
    Spain used to have a law that exempted sports stars from paying taxes (lex Beckham). But now they're paying 43% taxes again, so I'd be really surprised if Madrid was actually offering Rudy around 8 million / year (net income + taxes + agent fees + other stuff).
    The clubs will pay the taxes on big signings.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    see, this is why you fail everytime at ISH. You make some ridiculous claim that the poster you are arguing with never made. I never once mention childress except in a reply to you (where I make no mention on $ or contracts or anything).

Also, if Childress' had such a great deal, why'd he decline his player option?

Again, even if the gross salary is 1.5 times the reported net (which seems a reasonable starting point), rudy will make the same as a MLE player in his third year. and this is the biggest (or tied with the biggest) contract in the best euro league. Thats the point.
    1.5 times a gross amount is not a reasonable estimate. NBA players pay taxes, union fees, retirement fund fees, agent fees out of their gross contracts. A net euro contract is at absolute minimum at least double, due to being net. Not 1.5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    1.5 times a gross amount is not a reasonable estimate. NBA players pay taxes, union fees, retirement fund fees, agent fees out of their gross contracts. A net euro contract is at absolute minimum at least double, due to being net. Not 1.5 times.
    are you totally sure? You create these scenarios where it looks absolutely insane that someone would turn down money from the Euroleague, and you always tell us there is tons of money teams will spend, but they do really really often. (No one goes) I'm having trouble thinking Europe is so lucrative, it's Europe (living in some of these cities is awesome) but it's not even a consideration for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    are you totally sure? You create these scenarios where it looks absolutely insane that someone would turn down money from the Euroleague, and you always tell us there is tons of money teams will spend, but they do really really often. (No one goes) I'm having trouble thinking Europe is so lucrative, it's Europe (living in some of these cities is awesome) but it's not even a consideration for most players.
    Yes, I am sure.

35% federal taxes.

7% state taxes average for teams in states that pay tax.

3% state tax average for teams in states that don't pay state tax -

the government rule is players have to pay an average of the taxes of the games they play on the road of the places that do pay state tax. No such thing as players not paying state tax in some states as most NBA fans seem to believe.

3% for union fees - under current union rules.

3% for player retirement and insurance funds -

under the CBA that just expired. The players want more benefits for retired players, so if anything it might go up under the new CBA.

3-4% average for agent's fees for players on their basketball contracts.

Also, just to add this in, players that play in the NBA get tagged an average of 10% agent fees on their sponsor and marketing endorsement deals. In Europe, the club's themselves will arrange such deals for the players and charge them no fees to do so.

And, state and federal taxes in the USA will surely go up soon, as the USA is in incredibly huge debt and is just about bankrupted, and states will have to start increasing taxes, and no doubt the federal government will have to. Probably after the next election cycle.

The federal government tax rate will probably go back to the 39% rate of before the Bush tax cuts for the super rich, because if it does not, the USA will probably end up in civil war.

So yes, I am sure that taking a net contract amount in Europe, and converting it to US dollars, and then just multiplying it by 1.5 to figure a gross amount like an NBA contract is not correct. Because even at the current US tax rate, and with the other fees that come out of NBA contracts, it is much more than just a 1.5 times difference.

Doubling it is much more accurate, and in some cases even that is not enough to make up the difference.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-05-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Yes, I am sure.

35% federal taxes.

the government rule is players have to pay an average of the taxes of the games they play on the road of the places that do pay state tax. No such thing as players not paying state tax in some states as most NBA fans seem to believe.

under the CBA that just expired. The players want more benefits for retired players, so if anything it might go up under the new CBA.

Also, just to add this in, players that play in the NBA get tagged an average of 10% agent fees on their sponsor and marketing endorsement deals. In Europe, the club's themselves will arrange such deals for the players and charge them no fees to do so.

And, state and federal taxes in the USA will surely go up soon, as the USA is in incredibly huge debt and is just about bankrupted, and states will have to start increasing taxes, and no doubt the federal government will have to. Probably after the next election cycle.

The federal government tax rate will probably go back to the 39% rate of before the Bush tax cuts for the super rich, because if it does not, the USA will probably end up in civil war.

So yes, I am sure that taking a net contract amount in Europe, and converting it to US dollars, and then just multiplying it by 1.5 to figure a gross amount like an NBA contract is not correct. Because even at the current US tax rate, and with the other fees that come out of NBA contracts, it is much more than just a 1.5 times difference.

Doubling it is much more accurate, and in some cases even that is not enough to make up the difference.
    Got any links for those figures?

Yes, I am sure.

35% federal taxes.

Civil War?

Yes, I am sure.

35% federal taxes.

LOL, you are a ****ing comedian. I am convinced you are doing some strange Kaufmanesque thing here now more than ever. You slip in something like that. Great comedy.

So i have concluded Euroleague must SUCK because even with ten billion advantages players do not flock there.

Note (Maga, others), i don't really think this but Euroleague always pains a picture that shows playing in the Euroleague to be ten thousand bazillion timse better than the NBA, yet there is no exodous of players. Whys is that? Either he is exaggerating (SHOCKING I KNOW) or the Euroleague must be an awful place to be that players avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    LOL, you are a ****ing comedian. I am convinced you are doing some strange Kaufmanesque thing here now more than ever. You slip in something like that. Great comedy.

So i have concluded Euroleague must SUCK because even with ten billion advantages players do not flock there.

Note (Maga, others), i don't really think this but Euroleague always pains a picture that shows playing in the Euroleague to be ten thousand bazillion timse better than the NBA, yet there is no exodous of players. Whys is that? Either he is exaggerating (SHOCKING I KNOW) or the Euroleague must be an awful place to be that players avoid.
    Jasikevicius, Childress, Spanoulis, Kleiza, Macijuaskas, Langdon, Navarro, Batiste - just off the top of my head every one of them has gone on record as saying that the Euroleague is a much better environment to play and live in than the NBA is.

If most American NBA players were not as racist as most NBA fans are, and did not believe the racist BS that "the Euroleague is a bunch of short, slow, non athletic white stiffs that can't jump or run"............

then many American NBA players would go to the Euroleague. But most of them, just like most of the NBA fans in the USA, believe in the extremely racist marketing of the NBA, that basketball is a "black man's game", and that "whites can't play basketball."

American players want to play in places like Miami or LA, which are complete hell holes compared to any decent Mediterranean city. American players would flock to the Euroleague if they actually knew anything about it.

I've never heard a single American player that played in the NBA and Euroleague, ever say that the Euroleague was "inferior" and all this other BS nonsense that you see in forums like this. They all say that it is a very serious level of basketball competition.

It is all USA Basketball, NBA marketing, the US sports media, and the players like the agents, Nike, Reebok, Gatorade, Addidas, AAU system, high school and NCAA coaches, etc....

brainwashing American players from an early age that the Euroleague is a joke and to not play there, as a ploy to hoard the money in the US basketball system.

The US sports media like ESPN and TNT and Fox, SI, etc. are ridiculous in this. Always brainwashing the American fans about how inferior the Euroleague is and how superior the NBA is. It is all marketing and money BS.

Most US sports fans would love the Euroleague if it was ever presented to them in a normal way.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-06-2011 at 04:12 PM.

In other news, Rudy Fernandez is not going to Real Madrid.
    He's back to Dallas today, and to stay this season.

Jasikevicius, Childress, Spanoulis, Kleiza, Macijuaskas, Langdon, Holden, Navarro, Batiste - just off the top of my head every one of them has gone on record as saying that the Euroleague is a much better environment to play and live in than the NBA is.

If most American NBA players were not as racist as most NBA fans are, and did not believe the racist BS that "the Euroleague is a bunch of short, slow, non athletic white stiffs that can't jump or run"............

then many American NBA players would go to the Euroleague. But most of them, just like most of the NBA fans in the USA, believe in the extremely racist marketing of the NBA, that basketball is a "black man's game", and that "whites can't play basketball."

American players want to play in places like Miami or LA, which are complete hell holes compared to any decent Mediterranean city. American players would flock to the Euroleague if they actually knew anything about it.

I've never heard a single American player that played in the NBA and Euroleague, ever say that the Euroleague was "inferior" and all this other BS nonsense that you see in forums like this. They all say that it is a very serious level of basketball competition.

It is all USA Basketball, NBA marketing, the US sports media, and the players like the agents, Nike, Reebok, Gatorade, Addidas, AAU system, high school and NCAA coaches, etc....

brainwashing American players from an early age that the Euroleague is a joke and to not play there, as a ploy to hoard the money in the US basketball system.

The US sports media like ESPN and TNT and Fox, SI, etc. are ridiculous in this. Always brainwashing the American fans about how inferior the Euroleague is and how superior the NBA is. It is all marketing and money BS.

Most US sports fans would love the Euroleague if it was ever presented to them in a normal way.
    They have agents. They have people advising them. You are exaggerating the good points of Euroleague and painting an absolutely terrible picture of the NBA. and the fact, is, two things...
    1) The competition level (level of players) in the NBA is higher so the absolute best want to play here.
    2) the NBa pays significantly more. Even with your math (which you exaggerate), it comes to a point where very few Euroleague players earn above the NBA average. Think about your list. It was not average players. It was best paid all time. And it had three players who earn less than players on my current Knick team. ALL TIME HIGHEST.

its so easy when you know you are wrong. you drop all pretense of explaining things and yell RACISM! HATRED! BIAS!