Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Decent playground baller KingMichael23's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe does it again ! 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, it's really getting out of hand with the Kobe hate and blaming his scoring on their record. Out of the 10ish Lakers games I've watched this year (Kobe probably had 30+ in 7 or 8 of those) there was only one time I thought his '"chucking" might've been a big detriment to the team and hurt their chances to win; and that was mostly based on two or three jumpers he took in the fourth quarter with two or three defenders draped all over him, and he badly missed. But, that's it: one game with one really head-scratching stretch in the fourth quarter. Other than that, his scoring/offense hasn't been the problem.

It's clearly the Lakers defense. It's not even a question to be honest. if the Kobe haters want to find something they can blame and pin on him, then look at the defensive end. The whole team has been awful, not just Kobe, but Kobe has been pretty damn bad himself. But like I said, it's not Kobe's offense/shooting that's the problem.

I haven't seen the entirety of one of their games in a week or so, but the only thing I would maybe suggest is that he could make more of an effort to get Dwight involved, but that's as much on the coach as it is Kobe in my opinion.
    Dwight won't score much. Why? They'll hack him every time. So who else is gonna help Kobe and the Lakers on the scoring department?

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    No he didn't, he shot even more and on much lower efficiency.

Uh, Mike Brown?
    And it was much more warranted last year yet they had no problems winning games.
    How? Last year they had a healthy Gasol and Bynum along with Barnes off the bench and Sessions midway. Right now it's just Dwight and effectively a bunch of streaky role players

Based on what? He's not 100% and isn't scoring as effectively as Kobe. And when he gets fouled late in games, his FT% is at an all time low so he becomes a liability at times. Not true
    Howard is only taking a shot or two less while moving to a 2nd option role. Bynum took as many shots as Howard did last year as a 2nd option. He actually struggled to score as effectively in games Kobe sat out in last year IIRC, so this point makes 0 sense.
    Talk about jumping down my throat the minute I make a silly mistake from memory Time has gone fast, and i was referring to the year before, of course he was shooting more last year, Mike Brown was running the show, Kobe could do what he likes?

Scoring as efficiently, are we talking about the ten shots he gets in a game to kobe 20 odd? Then howard is shooting 58% to Kobe's 48%...I think you lost it there buddy Free throws he still makes around half so that is 10 points for every 10 shots? not bad.
    Last edited by poido123; 12-12-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Kobe is just like my NBA2k character: shoots a lot, scores many points, little to no assist, guaranteed turnover on forced passes; and in the end of the day, the game is lost.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Kobe's scoring has been the only thing keeping the Lakers in these games. If he hadn't got 40 tonight the Cavs would've won by 20.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Scoring as efficiently, are we talking about the ten shots he gets in a game to kobe 20 odd? Then howard is shooting 58% to Kobe's 48%...I think you lost it there buddy Free throws he still makes around half so that is 10 points for every 10 shots? not bad.
    Dwight's FT shooting really brings down his efficiency. Are you really suggesting that Dwight is currently a better scorer than Kobe? I think you lost it there buddy. You've been fighting a good fight, but you're really reaching man.

Local High School Star

what you clowns talking about miles going off on kobe? he was on him maybe 2-3 plays at most all game.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Dwight's FT shooting really brings down his efficiency. Are you really suggesting that Dwight is currently a better scorer than Kobe? I think you lost it there buddy. You've been fighting a good fight, but you're really reaching man.
    Always fight a good fight when it comes to Kobe. Just to make it very clear, I like the Lakers and the team, EXCEPT Kobe. So please don't pass me off as some Laker hater, I just dislike Kobe.

Howards efficiency is fine is we are talking about his FG attempts. If we are talking about his free throw shooting, then we are going into something too complex to argue. Free throw shooting puts foul pressure on the other team, if Howard is hitting half of his free throws, that equates to 1 point every 2 free throws, so if a game was to average around 160 fg attempts and 40 free throw attempts(Which is close to average give or take FG attempts to Free throws) and Howard was to shoot 160 free throws instead of 160 fg, and shoot and extra 40 free throw attempts, halve that and you have 100 points for the team...So can someone tell me why a guy shooting 50% of his free throws is not only efficient but also puts the opponent in foul trouble?

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Kobe Bryant: The only player in the league that gets all of the credit when the Lakers win, and none of the blame when they lose.

Must be nice.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Kobe Bryant: The only player in the league that gets all of the credit when the Lakers win, and none of the blame when they lose.

Must be nice.
    LOL what are you talking about? According to ESPN and everyone here, the Lakers lost because KOBE scored 30+.

Where have you been lol? Kobe needs stop averaging 29/5/5 on 49% because he's causing this team to lose. It's his fault why they are losing. I think he should average about 10 points a game, maybe the lakers will win then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Kobe needs stop averaging 29/5/5 on 49%
    Means absolutely NOTHING when his team's record is 1-10.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    LOL what are you talking about? According to ESPN and everyone here, the Lakers lost because KOBE scored 30+.

Where have you been lol? Kobe needs stop averaging 29/5/5 on 49% because he's causing this team to lose. It's his fault why they are losing. I think he should average about 10 points a game, maybe the lakers will win then.
    Scoring 30 a game doesn't rid Kobe of blame. His defense has been trash and he isn't getting his teammates involved enough. As long as Nash and/or Pau are sitting on that bench, Kobe should be racking up 7-9 assists per game; if he can STILL score 30, why can't he make the guys around him better?

kobe should just continue what hes doing, just block out what his teammates and coaches and media says....

Decent college freshman

He should let the offense be run through Dwight and concentrate on playing some d. CJ Miles should never be scoring that much.

I've got a feeling the rest of the LA squad wants Kobe out for a few games then steamroll the league like a pancake. Like that's going to happen though

Chemistry Issues suck

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    He should let the offense be run through Dwight and concentrate on playing some d. CJ Miles should never be scoring that much.
    i agree. and the knicks should run theirs through chandler.