Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Lingend is over

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    What the...??? We had like 7 Lin threads a day with most of the board pulling for him as did the media and general fans across the nation. Sure you had a good sized group of those "It's a fluke" people but I wasn't one of them.
    i know you weren't, but you basically called out Knick fans for being delusional ONLY on Lin. Read your post. Everyone hated on him. Now it's "he's great, why aren't knick fans more upset?"

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I guess you didn't watch him play at all last year then. You talk about him like you saw every minute he ever played.
    I'm talking about this year, on the Rockets.....
    Whatever happened last year is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzForce
    I'm talking about this year, on the Rockets.....
    Whatever happened last year is irrelevant.
    No, it's not. That's ****ing asinine. These are preseason games, he's not totally healthy, and it's a new system. Basing your opinion of a player based on preseason (3 games) and saying to ignore his career prior is about as stupid a thing as i have ever heard.

You are telling me we should discuss Lin but not his Knick time.

I saw glimpses of Rockets playing Grizzlies today, and Lin was in the middle of everything. Looked quite good. He was literary on. Dominated the ball a la LaBran, and was active on defense also. I think Lin is a good player, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzForce
    Lin's highlights from today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ5oFtPXyck
    12 assists

Mike Conley is good at steals but Lin only limited his TOs to 2.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    What the...??? We had like 7 Lin threads a day with most of the board pulling for him as did the media and general fans across the nation. Sure you had a good sized group of those "It's a fluke" people but I wasn't one of them.
    How can you have over 22,000 posts since january 2011? thats insane. How many is that a day?

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    12 assists

Mike Conley is good at steals but Lin only limited his TOs to 2.
    And they weren't due to Conley either

One was because Lin bounced the ball onto Asik's foot when he stuck it out as Lin was rounding the screen.
    And the other he got hacked on the wrist by Bayless on a shot, no call, so it was counted as a turnover.....

Although he did throw a near turnover, but a teammate got the ball back when it was partially intercepted.

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    How can you have over 22,000 posts since january 2011? thats insane. How many is that a day?
    [COLOR="Red"]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]According to my calculation, that's approximately 34.8 posts a day.

Math&Algebra[/FONT]
    [/COLOR]

Dunking on everybody in the park

Thing about Jeremy he is very up and down in terms of his production. When he sucks, he's really bad, but when he's good, he's like the next Asian Jordan!(considering there are no other oriental guards that are starters in the NBA, I can be excused for that comparison)

Niko is right about one thing, he seems to have to generate the offense every time.

One other thing, I wish he didn't tell the whole league that he is still recovering from that knee op, and his speed, explosion are all lacking...

yeah I know it's to ease the pressure on himself in some ways, but the thing is I am convinced every PG in the league will want to carve him up because of the media attention and that contract he's got. And the fact that he owned up to his knee isn't 100%, they're going to go at him harder.

Unless it's a bluff like in tennis, where Novak pretends he's injured and then starts running like a jack rabbit as quoted by the great Roger Federer.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    Thing about Jeremy he is very up and down in terms of his production. When he sucks, he's really bad, but when he's good, he's like the next Asian Jordan!(considering there are no other oriental guards that are starters in the NBA, I can be excused for that comparison)

Niko is right about one thing, he seems to have to generate the offense every time.

One other thing, I wish he didn't tell the whole league that he is still recovering from that knee op, and his speed, explosion are all lacking...

yeah I know it's to ease the pressure on himself in some ways, but the thing is I am convinced every PG in the league will want to carve him up because of the media attention and that contract he's got. And the fact that he owned up to his knee isn't 100%, they're going to go at him harder.

Unless it's a bluff like in tennis, where Novak pretends he's injured and then starts running like a jack rabbit as quoted by the great Roger Federer.
    I said this when he was on the Knicks too, he's going to have to learn to play sometimes where he sets up the offense for a post up guy, etc. and backs off. It will enable him to do less and save his body and it will give the team more upside. Even at his best he's not good to a level you want him with the ball in his hand every moment, he's not Lebron. His fans take this as a huge insult.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I said this when he was on the Knicks too, he's going to have to learn to play sometimes where he sets up the offense for a post up guy, etc. and backs off. It will enable him to do less and save his body and it will give the team more upside. Even at his best he's not good to a level you want him with the ball in his hand every moment, he's not Lebron. His fans take this as a huge insult.
    seems like everyone takes this as a huge insult. You can't win with Jeremy Lin playing THAT ball dominant. It is a dead end. Weird thing is that he doesn't seem to be able to play any other way. With that said, I wouldn't want him starting for my team.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    seems like everyone takes this as a huge insult. You can't win with Jeremy Lin playing THAT ball dominant. It is a dead end. Weird thing is that he doesn't seem to be able to play any other way. With that said, I wouldn't want him starting for my team.
    That depends on what other options you have at point guard. I don't think there are 20 point guards in the league you can say are definitely better than Lin. But when your point guard is Steve Nash, then it is a no brainer.

The comment about Lin being ball dominant... Steve Nash has never won anything being ball dominant, and he had a much better team than Lin. Your comment says more about the ability of ball dominant point guards to win championships as the number one option, than it says anything about Lin as a player.

Everyone wanted Melo to adjust to him, and that was false. Yes, Melo need to adjust. **** yes. BUT They needed to adjust to each other. He was going to turn Melo into basically a spot up shooter. That's not optimizing talent. Plus it made him have to do so much that ultimately he broke down. I mean we asked him to do a lot. 40+ minutes, defend, have the ball at all times, drive and take hits.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    That depends on what other options you have at point guard. I don't think there are 20 point guards in the league you can say are definitely better than Lin. But when your point guard is Steve Nash, then it is a no brainer.

The comment about Lin being ball dominant... Steve Nash has never won anything being ball dominant, and he had a much better team than Lin. Your comment says more about the ability of ball dominant point guards to win championships as the number one option, than it says anything about Lin as a player.
    I would take a pg with lesser numbers that fit a role that could be conducive to winning a championship. I do think there are over 20 pgs better than Lin. Especially whether you consider there ability to git into team concepts.

I'd take Mario Chalmers and Eric Bledsoe over lin easily.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

I would take a pg with lesser numbers that fit a role that could be conducive to winning a championship. I do think there are over 20 pgs better than Lin. Especially whether you consider there ability to git into team concepts.

I'd take Mario Chalmers and Eric Bledsoe over lin easily.
    I'd swap Lin for Mario Chalmers as a Heat fan, as long as it meant salaries wouldn't be an issue.

You think Lin wouln't be able to adapt to the fact that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are going to handling the ball and creating? Lin has enough basketball IQ to recognize that they're better at creating a high percentage play than he is.

On the other end Lin actually takes charges a lot better than Chalmers (who takes little to none), and he does a good job playing scrappy, which reminds me of Chalmers as a rookie.